New Moderators

Weaver, Blip, The_Metatron, jerome

Check here for news about the site.

Moderators: LIFE, kiore

Re: New Moderators

#121  Postby econ41 » Mar 17, 2011 12:13 am

Mazille wrote:
econ41 wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:Well basically, there's a causally inert Philosophy Board-ness outside of the spatio-temporal world and our board is an instantiation of that abstract object.

:scratch:

Now I know why I stuck to the world of Civil and Structural Engineering, concrete, steel and shit. :naughty2:

You mean... like... real world stuff and shit? :scratch:

Real shit. As in turds - 'discrete human faecal solids'. I was a sewerage engineer. I was the resident shitologist on RDNet and ran a series of "sewage anecdotes" in 2008. Don't get me started on sewage jokes - once started I cannot be deterred. Even when I'm only going through the motions.

Now having in mind Weaver's homily - congrats to the new mods. :naughty2:

Eric C, MS
econ41

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#122  Postby LucidFlight » Mar 17, 2011 12:17 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:Actually, I think this should be the other way around. I'm the non-spatio-temporal-instantiationistic one, because the abstract objects are non-spatio-temporal but instantiated in the spatio-temporal world. You two are the two who are the two; I'm the other one.

I hope you're not implying we are a trans-spatio-temporal-instantiationistic pluralist. :naughty:

Weaver wrote:Gentlemen, we're getting off topic. Keep the Philosophy stuff in the hovel backwater sub-forum set aside for it, and let this thread stay clean so more members can suck up to congratulate the new Mods.

Yes, sorry. Well done to all the new mods! Image
:grin:
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Bob Bobson
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#123  Postby Mazille » Mar 17, 2011 12:19 am

econ41 wrote:
Mazille wrote:
econ41 wrote:
:scratch:

Now I know why I stuck to the world of Civil and Structural Engineering, concrete, steel and shit. :naughty2:

You mean... like... real world stuff and shit? :scratch:

Real shit. As in turds - 'discrete human faecal solids'. I was a sewerage engineer. I was the resident shitologist on RDNet and ran a series of "sewage anecdotes" in 2008. Don't get me started on sewage jokes - once started I cannot be deterred. Even when I'm only going through the motions.

Double dare ya. :coffee:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#124  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 17, 2011 12:22 am

Weaver wrote:Gentlemen, we're getting off topic. Keep the Philosophy stuff in the hovel backwater sub-forum set aside for it, and let this thread stay clean so more members can suck up to congratulate the new Mods.

Poo, moderators? What is difference? Why off-topic? :) :) :) :grin: :grin: :grin:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#125  Postby Weaver » Mar 17, 2011 12:45 am

Yes, but has anyone constructed a self-supporting poo structure that can collapse by dropping the top 15% on it?
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#126  Postby Emmeline » Mar 17, 2011 12:53 am

Darwinsbulldog wrote:

Poo, moderators? What is difference? Why off-topic? :) :) :) :grin: :grin: :grin:

None - being a moderator can be a shitty job! :mrgreen:
Emmeline

Print view this post

#127  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 17, 2011 1:00 am

Jan wrote:
Darwinsbulldog wrote:

None - being a moderator can be a shitty job! :mrgreen:

Sanitary engineering in fact! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#128  Postby econ41 » Mar 17, 2011 7:29 am

Darwinsbulldog wrote:...Sanitary engineering in fact! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Warning - this one may not cross cultural boundaries from the original Australian setting to any 'rest of the world' context)

Remember that most of my professional career was as an engineering manager in the water sewerage and drainage industry.

As guest speaker invited to speak at a local Rotary Club I explained that I was a "shit house engineer" - I judged the robust sense of humour of the group well. Many of them still remind me of it and it was 1995. I found out many years after the event that one member was offended . He was an engineer and did not like me "taking the Mickey" against myself and the profession.

Darwinsbulldog can probably recognise the at least three way ambiguity with the phrase "shit house engineer".
econ41

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#129  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 17, 2011 8:52 am

econ41 wrote:

(Warning - this one may not cross cultural boundaries from the original Australian setting to any 'rest of the world' context)

Remember that most of my professional career was as an engineering manager in the water sewerage and drainage industry.

As guest speaker invited to speak at a local Rotary Club I explained that I was a "shit house engineer" - I judged the robust sense of humour of the group well. Many of them still remind me of it and it was 1995. I found out many years after the event that one member was offended . He was an engineer and did not like me "taking the Mickey" against myself and the profession.

Darwinsbulldog can probably recognise the at least three way ambiguity with the phrase "shit house engineer".

He, he, he was not "privvy" to da joke!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps he plumb got it wrong. :think: I am sure you did your job quite well Econs. You are a Poofessional, in fact! :)
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#130  Postby Tyrannical » Mar 17, 2011 8:55 am

He, he, he was not "privvy" to da joke!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps he plumb got it wrong. :think: I am sure you did your job quite well Econs. You are a Poofessional, in fact! :)

Bah, he's probably just full of it.
Good fences make good neighbors
Tyrannical
Banned Troll

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#131  Postby The_Metatron » Mar 17, 2011 9:32 am

econ41 wrote:

I bet not too many people realize the deaths you've prevented over the years doing that job, too.
My new website is up. Who wants to be a contributor?

I AM Skepdickus!

https://www.skepdick.us/blog/
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#132  Postby LucidFlight » Mar 17, 2011 9:39 am

econ41 wrote:Don't get me started on sewage jokes - once started I cannot be deterred.

Of course, de turd is one of de main reasons for sewage systems.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Bob Bobson
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#133  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 17, 2011 9:44 am

JayWilson wrote:
econ41 wrote:Don't get me started on sewage jokes - once started I cannot be deterred.

Of course, de turd is one of de main reasons for sewage systems.

I suppose if one does not piss around, and does a good job one can feel flushed with success. Maybe get awarded a yellow of the Chamber of Potty Engineers. Perhaps get a medal, like a Dung Gong?
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#134  Postby THWOTH » Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Sewage may be just a joke to you DB, but it was Eric's bread and butter.

:nod:
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

Name: Penrose

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#135  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 17, 2011 3:36 pm

THWOTH wrote:Sewage may be just a joke to you DB, but it was Eric's bread and butter.

I imagine Eric knows I am only kidding. We have had a few long chats on the phone. Having visited a few sewage plants when an environmental science student, I have only admiration fro folks who work there every day. :clap: :clap:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#136  Postby THWOTH » Mar 18, 2011 8:48 pm

I sure he knows you're only joking DB. My joke was just crap. :nod:
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

Name: Penrose

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#137  Postby Tangerine Dream » Mar 19, 2011 3:35 am

THWOTH wrote:I sure he knows you're only joking DB. My joke was just crap. :nod:

If shit was worth something, poor people would be born with no asshole.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses."
Lenny Bruce
Tangerine Dream

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#138  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 19, 2011 5:12 am

Tangerine Dream wrote:
THWOTH wrote:I sure he knows you're only joking DB. My joke was just crap. :nod:

Kute Kitteh! :thumbup:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#139  Postby Made of Stars » Mar 29, 2011 11:26 am

This seemed apropos for this thread:

:)
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#140  Postby Katherine » Apr 25, 2011 12:20 am

THWOTH wrote:Sewage may be just a joke to you DB, but it was Eric's bread and butter.

And it's a nightmare to get out of the carpets in this place! I need breathing apparatus to finish the job off!

Official Cleaner in Residence

On standby at all times with a bucket of warm soapy water, Cillit Bang, squeegee & mop.

TWITTER: http://twitter.com/Kitty_B_Good
Katherine

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements