New Staff

Check here for news about the site.

Moderators: LIFE, kiore

Re: New Staff

#61  Postby starr » Oct 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Mazille wrote:
Jan wrote:Well done to all for volunteering and many congratulations to the new mods on being appointed. :clap: :cheers:

I know you'll be very well supported and you'll have a lot of fun too - the staff are a great bunch of nutters people...

Fixed it for you. :nod:

:nod:
stijndeloose wrote: A wise decision that anyone can make: if you feel tempted to attack a RatSkep member, take a break.

starr
RS Donator

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby VanYoungman » Oct 07, 2010 11:42 am

My heariest congratulations and I'm thrilled for Pensioner because now he has three more to slag in the Mafia games.

Nullius in Verba
VanYoungman
RS Donator

Name: Charles Van Patten You
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#63  Postby pensioner » Oct 08, 2010 3:10 pm

VanYoungman wrote:My heariest congratulations and I'm thrilled for Pensioner because now he has three more to slag in the Mafia games.

I'm just disappointed I did not get anointed Van, maybe next time and as for that Mafia game, never again I did not have a clue what to do so I will be giving the game a pass. :scratch:
There’s class warfare, all right,” said US billionaire Warren Buffett a few years ago, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.
pensioner

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Jain » Oct 08, 2010 7:38 pm

pensioner wrote:
VanYoungman wrote:My heariest congratulations and I'm thrilled for Pensioner because now he has three more to slag in the Mafia games.

I'm just disappointed I did not get anointed Van, maybe next time and as for that Mafia game, never again I did not have a clue what to do so I will be giving the game a pass. :scratch:

I have no idea how that game works, I cant get through the rules! :think:
My Blog- http://lucyjain.wordpress.com/

When I have a terrible need of - shall I say the word - religion. Then I go out and paint the stars. Vincent Van Gogh
Jain
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Sityl » Oct 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Jain wrote:
pensioner wrote:

It's more fun when you ignore the rules, and just vote for people based on how much you like their name.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#66  Postby pensioner » Oct 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Jain wrote:
pensioner wrote:

The rules of hairdressing as well. :roll: :coffee:
There’s class warfare, all right,” said US billionaire Warren Buffett a few years ago, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.
pensioner

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#67  Postby ConnyRaSk » Oct 08, 2010 9:23 pm

:offtopic: :box:

i never understood the rules of that Mafia game either, but if mods are playing there, i wouldn't want to follow any ( :what: )(the rules, not the mods) :whistle:
Literature, fiction, poetry, whatever, makes justice in the world. That’s why it almost always has to be on the side of the underdog. ~Grace Paley
ConnyRaSk

Austria (at)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby Onyx8 » Oct 09, 2010 3:51 am

Darkchilde wrote:Congratulations to the new moderators.

To the people who applied and were not successful this time: We had a lot of good applications, and as usual, it is not an easy process. We consider all applications equally. Thank you for applying, for wanting to help this forum. As for myself, I hope that if and when we may need more moderators, you will apply again.

Indeed, congrats to all.

Well, I applied but feel I was quite successful in not being chosen, thank you. :thumbup: Always willing to help, but if I can just sit here and ignore the chores and no-one minds... well, I'm the guy for that.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#69  Postby Witticism » Oct 09, 2010 5:36 am

starr wrote:Thank you to everyone who applied in our recent recruitment round for new moderators. It was a strong field. :thumbup:

I am very pleased to announce that Sityl, Mantisdreamz and Reddix have all agreed to join our staff team. :dance:

Errrr ....

I mean ...

Congrats Sityl, Mantisdreamz and Reddix :cheers: :thumbup:

PS. Just let me know which areas of the forum you are moderating and I'll make sure to stay out of them be on my best behaviour in them :grin:
If you are not vegan, please consider going vegan. It’s a matter of nonviolence. Being vegan is your statement that you reject violence to other sentient beings, to yourself, and to the environment, on which all sentient beings depend.
Gary Francione
Witticism
RS Donator

Name: Witti
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#70  Postby Witticism » Oct 09, 2010 5:38 am

ConnyRaSk wrote::offtopic: :box:

i never understood the rules of that Mafia game either, but if mods are playing there, i wouldn't want to follow any ( :what: )(the rules, not the mods) :whistle:

Its quite simply really.

Vote to Lynch Durro on day 1 :nod:

... :shifty:
If you are not vegan, please consider going vegan. It’s a matter of nonviolence. Being vegan is your statement that you reject violence to other sentient beings, to yourself, and to the environment, on which all sentient beings depend.
Gary Francione
Witticism
RS Donator

Name: Witti
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#71  Postby irreligionist » Oct 09, 2010 6:41 am

ConnyRaSk wrote::offtopic: :box:

Pffffff mods play because they think it gives them a better chance... the rest of us like them playing as it's an opportunity to flame them without getting infractions :mrgreen:

You should play!!
irreligionist

Print view this post

#72  Postby mark1961 » Oct 09, 2010 8:28 am

Many thanks to the mods. past and present. Whose efforts make this place so entertaining and informative. I know I couldn't do it and am glad others can. :)
mark1961

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#73  Postby Made of Stars » Oct 14, 2010 10:45 am

Congrats to the noobs!

Don't forget: Stay out of Feedback until you've had your anti-irony shots. :thumbup:
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Loke » Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm

:clap: Well done.
This should be turned into an X-Factor style competition. :nono:
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence

Bertrand Russell

But wisdom is proved right by her actions

Matthew 11:19

Best Post of All Time Award? FAQ

I've coined my own law! :party:
Loke
Banned User

Name: Harrison
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous