Staff Resignation.

Mr Samsa is leaving the staff team.

Check here for news about the site.

Moderators: LIFE, kiore

Re: Staff Resignation.

#21  Postby Katherine » Jan 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Emmeline wrote:Thank you very much for all you've done for the forum and best wishes for the future. :hugs: :cheers:

:this:

Hope you have a peaceful, prosperous, healthy and happy 2012!

Official Cleaner in Residence

On standby at all times with a bucket of warm soapy water, Cillit Bang, squeegee & mop.

TWITTER: http://twitter.com/Kitty_B_Good
Katherine

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby NineOneFour » Jan 02, 2012 10:17 pm

AlohaChris wrote:Bye, Samsa. I will miss reading your posts, and your nudibranch's. Don't be a stranger!

:this:
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#23  Postby starr » Jan 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so you just couldn't bear being on staff without me..... :naughty2:

Welcome to the DARK SIDE

stijndeloose wrote: A wise decision that anyone can make: if you feel tempted to attack a RatSkep member, take a break.

starr
RS Donator

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#24  Postby HomerJay » Jan 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Is this The Metamorphosis of Mr Samsa?
For me, the value of a climb is the sum of three inseparable elements, all equally important: aesthetics, history, and ethics

Walter Bonatti 1930-2011

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand" - Steven Wright
HomerJay

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby crank » Jan 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Mr Samsa, 'night and may god bless, whose to spank us when we behavior-theory badly, or give advice on what kind of therapy we should be desperately seeking?

:cheers: Thanks for all the time and effort, you'll be missed.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jan 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Mr Samsa has forsaken the dark side-all good! I wish him well IRL, and also hope that it gives him more time to post his psychology rubbbish. :dopey:

Kidding! Modding is a mostly thankless job and while I don't always agree with what staff do, I do appeciate the sentiment.

Thanks Mr Samsa for your contributions as mod, and I hope you will still be able to keep up with your high quality posts. :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#27  Postby amok » Jan 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Mr. Samsa, I've especially appreciated your posts as a member rather than a moderator (I know that's important, too, but I don't pay a lot of attention to moderation issues), being one of the tribe who isn't particularly science-minded. Those of you who patiently post with your specialized knowledge might not be aware how helpful it is, perhaps because people like me just read and don't bother contributing other than occasionally asking a question. But it is important, and I'm grateful. I hope you continue.

Whatever you decide, very best wishes. :cheers:
amok
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Mr.Samsa » Jan 03, 2012 12:55 am

Crocodile Gandhi wrote:If by "real life commitments" you mean "because New Zealand is shutting down the internet so that people do not start to catch computer viruses and turn into machines" then the above OP is correct.

This is a blatant falsehood. The real reason is that my time using the country's computer is up, and it's now Barry's turn. After that we'll have to wind up the dynamo again before the dial-up disconnects.

katja z wrote:Good luck in that strange place called "real life", Mr. Sansa. :cheers:

:hide:
Now he's not a mod any more he can't ban me for this, right? Right?

Reported.

*starts feedback thread*

:grin:

UtilityMonster wrote:At last, we see behaviorism fail.

Damn. But to be fair, this is the first time it's failed in nearly 100 years, so that's not too bad.. ;)

starr wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so you just couldn't bear being on staff without me..... :naughty2:

'Tis true. Mod central just isn't as magical without any fairies and a blobfish simply isn't an adequate replacement for a fairy. :grin:

HomerJay wrote:Is this The Metamorphosis of Mr Samsa?

Unfortunately it's not quite as impressive as the original. Instead of changing from a man into a horrible insect/vermin, I change from a green username to a purple one.. :think:

Sorry I haven't responded to everyone, but I appreciate all the comments people have made :cheers: And for those who are worried, this doesn't mean I'm going to stop posting here. I'll still be annoying people around the forum.. :grin:
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

#29  Postby xtraordinaryevidence » Jan 03, 2012 1:10 am

Mr.Samsa wrote:
Crocodile Gandhi wrote:If by "real life commitments" you mean "because New Zealand is shutting down the internet so that people do not start to catch computer viruses and turn into machines" then the above OP is correct.

This is a blatant falsehood. The real reason is that my time using the country's computer is up, and it's now Barry's turn. After that we'll have to wind up the dynamo again before the dial-up disconnects.

Wow, you really do live in the past. You don't seem to be aware we now have two computers, one for each island (who cares about Stewart?). :shifty: I better check how much time I have left.

But anyway, this is a good opportunity to thank you for all the informative posts you've made. I've learnt a lot, and it's good to hear you're not leaving completely. :cheers:
"I didn't stop the planes from hitting the buildings, but I left a cross in the rubble. You're welcome." - Yahweh
xtraordinaryevidence

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Mr.Samsa » Jan 03, 2012 1:18 am

xtraordinaryevidence wrote:Wow, you really do live in the past. You don't seem to be aware we now have two computers, one for each island (who cares about Stewart?). :shifty: I better check how much time I have left.

They have people living on the South Island now? I thought it was just sheep and moa running around down there! Or are you telling me that the sheep have learnt how to use computers? To be honest, I'm not surprised, given all the cross-breeding that's gone on...

:shifty:

xtraordinaryevidence wrote:But anyway, this is a good opportunity to thank you for all the informative posts you've made. I've learnt a lot, and it's good to hear you're not leaving completely. :cheers:

:cheers:

Thanks, I'm glad you and others seem to find my posts interesting or useful - I tend to just talk shit and hope that somebody can make sense of my ramblings.. :grin:
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

#31  Postby DaveD » Jan 03, 2012 1:25 am

Mr.Samsa wrote:And for those who are worried, this doesn't mean I'm going to stop posting here. I'll still be annoying people around the forum..

I should bloody well hope so!
Thanks for taking on the task of moderator for so long. :thumbup:
DaveD

Name: Dave Davis
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#32  Postby jamest » Jan 03, 2012 1:25 am

I am very sorry to see you leave the post, Mr. Samsa. From my perspective, you are the most fair and open-minded mod I have encountered in more than a decade, since I started using such forums. This forum as a whole - not just the philosophy forum - has thus suffered a great loss.

Regardless, I completely understand and wish you all the best. However, you are now merely a peasant, so please stand underneath my nose where I can best see you. ;)
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Mr.Samsa » Jan 03, 2012 2:39 am

jamest wrote:I am very sorry to see you leave the post, Mr. Samsa. From my perspective, you are the most fair and open-minded mod I have encountered in more than a decade, since I started using such forums. This forum as a whole - not just the philosophy forum - has thus suffered a great loss.

Thanks for the kind words, Jamest. Although I'd obviously beg to differ, and suggest there are a number of current mods here more deserving of such praise, I'll take the compliment nonetheless. :tongue:

jamest wrote:Regardless, I completely understand and wish you all the best. However, you are now merely a peasant, so please stand underneath my nose where I can best see you. ;)

Indeed, I am now but a lowly pleb without my awesome mod powers of being able to read reports and use modnote tags... Hmm.. looking back, I wasn't nearly half as powerful as my ego had led me to believe. :(
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

#34  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jan 03, 2012 6:42 am

The thing I really miss about not being a mod is the ability to go back, weeks later, and correct a typo! :-)
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#35  Postby Durro » Jan 03, 2012 8:03 am

*Eyes off Mr.Samsa's carpark and corner office with a view*

:)
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Redial » Jan 03, 2012 10:33 am

Seeya Sammy!

p.s I reject your theory about dog dominance and substitute my own :)
Evolving wrote:Mine looks as though it fits into Redial's piece.

Spinozasgalt wrote:I wish I was a lady, I imagine being female is akin to flying through clouds.
Redial
RS Donator

Name: Redialtherednosereinde
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#37  Postby hackenslash » Jan 03, 2012 10:58 am

So this is where the green vagina turns purple, is it?

Thank you Samsa, for your excellent contribution to the forum. My gratitude cannot be expressed (or at least, not in public). :cheers:
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#38  Postby Redial » Jan 03, 2012 11:54 am

hackenslash wrote: My gratitude cannot be expressed (or at least, not in public). :cheers:

That's disgusting! :nono:
Evolving wrote:Mine looks as though it fits into Redial's piece.

Spinozasgalt wrote:I wish I was a lady, I imagine being female is akin to flying through clouds.
Redial
RS Donator

Name: Redialtherednosereinde
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#39  Postby natselrox » Jan 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Samsa has taught me so much over the years. As long as he is posting, I'm not complaining!

Thank you for all the hard work, matey!
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jan 03, 2012 12:08 pm

I'll miss you most of all, Samsa. :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETBfR9YiGk[/youtube]
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements