Staff Resignations.

I am sorry to announce.

Check here for news about the site.

Moderators: LIFE, kiore

Re: Staff Resignations.

#101  Postby Regina » Aug 02, 2012 3:55 pm

A girl does not have a TV.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15599
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Staff Resignations.

#102  Postby NamelessFaceless » Aug 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks for all your hard work guys! :cheers:
User avatar
NamelessFaceless
 
Posts: 6000
Female

Country: USA (Pensacola, FL)
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#103  Postby Pulsar » Aug 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Regina wrote:A girl does not have a TV.

A girl does not need it. A girl can find many things on the internet :shhh:
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Pulsar
 
Posts: 4618
Age: 42
Male

Country: Belgium
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#104  Postby Ironclad » Aug 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Five in one go. Did they 'hang around' to train or initiate the newcomers, or is there now an enormous Mod-hole? (for want of better words..)
"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks

Image
User avatar
Ironclad
RS Donator
 
Name: Nudge-Nudge
Posts: 22211
Age: 16
Male

Country: Wink-Wink
Bahrain (bh)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#105  Postby Kaleid » Aug 02, 2012 4:29 pm

There are no better words.
Image

"I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. All I want is education. And I am afraid of no one."
- Malala Yousafzai
User avatar
Kaleid
RS Donator
 
Posts: 2180

Country: UK
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#106  Postby Fallible » Aug 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Hurr mod hole.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 48592
Age: 46
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#107  Postby surreptitious57 » Aug 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Regina wrote:
The pluralis majestatis creates a distance to one's self, just like talking in the third person.


We all know that though, do we not ha ha ha? The irony is that sometimes the distance is created to avoid dealing with psychological shortcomimgs such as anxiety or paranoia, which then have to be offered up as a reason for using it in the first place, thus making one even more anxious and paranoid! I actually do have it, though it is manageable. I do however eschew all human interaction unless absolutely necessary, Isolation is good for the soul. Permanent isolation even better. You can really discover yourself when alone. Why is it necessary to have other humans to make you happy? Surely your happiness is something you can achieve without others? I can do it. Which is just as well, as I have no choice in the matter. But I embrace it anyway, man. Good for the soul. Looking into the abyss and having the abyss stare right back at you. Nice,
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10074

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Staff Resignations.

#108  Postby Ironclad » Aug 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Fallible wrote:Hurr mod hole.


A dirty great mod-hole. :nod:
"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks

Image
User avatar
Ironclad
RS Donator
 
Name: Nudge-Nudge
Posts: 22211
Age: 16
Male

Country: Wink-Wink
Bahrain (bh)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#109  Postby EquivoKate » Aug 02, 2012 5:00 pm

I agree with everyone that these now Ex-Mods should stick around. We knew and loved you in the heady days of RDF so maybe take a break to reenergize but come back to Ratskep.
You would wish to live life to the full, to the edge etc if you were in my shoes.
User avatar
EquivoKate
 
Name: Kate
Posts: 1084
Age: 58
Female

Country: England
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#110  Postby stijndeloose » Aug 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Willies, holes, Spinozasgalt... what IS this?
Image
Fallible wrote:Don't bacon picnic.
User avatar
stijndeloose
Banned User
 
Name: Stdlnjo
Posts: 18554
Age: 39
Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#111  Postby Doubtdispelled » Aug 02, 2012 5:16 pm

stijndeloose wrote:Willies, holes, Spinozasgalt... what IS this?

Whatever it is, it's hanging by a thread......
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

― Mark Twain
Doubtdispelled
 
Posts: 11763

Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#112  Postby akigr8 » Aug 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks for all your hard work! :cheers: :clap:
Much appreciated.


And since Reddix gets special praise....

:cheers: :cheers: :clap:
I once applied for a job as a mustard cutter.

But unfortunately I wasn’t quite good enough.
User avatar
akigr8
 
Name: Kim
Posts: 3651

Country: No Reg
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#113  Postby katja z » Aug 02, 2012 6:45 pm

:waah: I leave the forum for a couple of days and look what happens! :sigh:
User avatar
katja z
RS Donator
 
Posts: 5353
Age: 38

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#114  Postby Aern Rakesh » Aug 02, 2012 6:47 pm

katja z wrote::waah: I leave the forum for a couple of days and look what happens! :sigh:


Obviously it's your fault! :naughty:








:lol:
Image
User avatar
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator
 
Posts: 13582
Age: 70
Female

Country: UK (London)
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#115  Postby Regina » Aug 02, 2012 7:03 pm

surreptitious57 wrote: I do however eschew all human interaction unless absolutely necessary, Isolation is good for the soul. Permanent isolation even better. You can really discover yourself when alone. Why is it necessary to have other humans to make you happy? Surely your happiness is something you can achieve without others? I can do it. Which is just as well, as I have no choice in the matter. But I embrace it anyway, man. Good for the soul. Looking into the abyss and having the abyss stare right back at you. Nice,

No, you don't eschew all human interaction. You are here, aren't you? And a few other places.
Don't refer to me as "Abyss", though. That's not my name. :grin:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15599
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Staff Resignations.

#116  Postby surreptitious57 » Aug 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Regina wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
I do however eschew all human interaction unless absolutely necessary, Isolation is good for the soul. Permanent isolation even better. You can really discover yourself when alone. Why is it necessary to have other humans to make you happy? Surely your happiness is something you can achieve without others? I can do it. Which is just as well, as I have no choice in the matter. But I embrace it anyway, man. Good for the soul. Looking into the abyss and having the abyss stare right back at you. Nice.

No, you don't eschew all human interaction. You are here, aren't you? And a few other places.


Interacting on the the net is not the same as in real ife. One can hide here. Not that I do, but it is a safer place for social phobics like myself. I can go out and mix, but I just am used to being on my own, so don't really bother any more. But if it is intimate and with strangers I cannot do it really. I do not like being the centre of attention. Also, I do not like talking. I much prefer communicating by word, I really do. What are you Regina, my shrink? Ha ha ha! Long as you're not expecting to get paid, shrink away, ha ha ha! German women make the best ones anyway, did you know? An interesting combination of female perception and masculine reasoning. Listen to me, I sound like Freud, for God's sake! Maybe you should be the patient, and I the doctor!
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10074

Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#117  Postby Regina » Aug 02, 2012 8:17 pm

I wouldn't presume to be anyone's shrink. In addition to that, I'm very skeptical of that profession.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15599
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#118  Postby Emmeline » Aug 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Big thanks and hugs for all the hard work you guys :hugs: :cheers:
Emmeline
 
Posts: 10401

Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#119  Postby Fallible » Aug 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Fuck's sake, why don't you two just open a thread where you can discuss surrep's level of social interaction? This thread is for people to heap praises and gifts upon me.

Oh yeah, and the others I guess.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 48592
Age: 46
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Staff Resignations.

#120  Postby Fallible » Aug 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh and thanks, Emm.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 48592
Age: 46
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest