Banned User

Name: Stdlnjo
Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Starr's Formal Leaving Party.

#22  Postby Grace » Oct 19, 2011 2:44 pm

I love you girlfriend. It's nice to know I can still keep in touch with you.

Grace

Print view this post

#23  Postby james1v » Oct 19, 2011 3:46 pm

:drunk: :cheers:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Doubtdispelled » Oct 19, 2011 4:17 pm

Oooh, a party! I brought along some more fairies

to help us (and Starr!) eat all the fairy cakes
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

― Mark Twain
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#25  Postby Nostalgia » Oct 20, 2011 12:37 am

Cheers-me-dears.

:cheers:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#26  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 20, 2011 12:47 am

I don't have any real grasp on how much work/time you've put into this place, but judging from what others have said, it's a lot! Thanks for making this a great place to hang :cheers:
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby starr » Oct 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Blip wrote:Starr is a great leader, team manager and mentor; she has set the standards for others to follow.

Plus, I like her!

So, thanks for all you've done to make RatSkep the place it is, Starr.

Thank you.

Blip wrote:Perhaps we can tempt you back to Mafia now :ask:

Hmmmm.... maybe......

***********************************************************************************

rJD wrote:
Have some sparkles - Image

Yay!!

***********************************************************************************

Darkchilde wrote:Starr, thank you for everything.

I do expect to catch up with you in person in April in Melbourne.

Definitely... and thank you for all your support and hard work.

Weaver wrote:Starr,

Thanks for your experience and guidance when I came on board - your in-depth knowledge of the ins and outs of the FUA, along with background historical info on WHY it was that way, were invaluable to me.

You were also a great friend in the various Mod fora, something that I greatly hope will continue as you migrate over to "ordinary" member (though I think you'll never be ordinary). Enjoy your free time, and your new-found freedom to fully enjoy RatSkep without constantly having to worry that anything you post might be taken as some sort of officialdom in disguise.

See you around the fora!

You'll definitely see me around the forum Mistah Weaver Sir.

HughMcB wrote:Starr,

You played a key and vital role to the growth and development of this board, much more so than the membership probably realize and you often had to deal with way more than your fair share of shit which you persevered through like a little faireh trooper! I'm very glad to have the pleasure of working with you and getting to know each other as colleagues and friends. I hope the latter part is kept up for a long time!

You are a lovely oirishman when you want to be.

HughMcB wrote:Now come over here and give me spanks! Ive been a naughty boy!!!! :twisted:

You're always a naughty boy.... everything that goes wrong is your fault. You can expect to be put over my knee for a good spanking at the Melbourne Atheist Convention.

Ironclad wrote:I wish you all the best, Starr. You will pop in from time to time I hope. :cheers:

I will.... and thank you for this lovely post too:
Ironclad wrote:I think so too, maybe one day she'll find time to take up the job again, maybe not but I hope she enjoys her new/free time. And stops by from time to time. :)

Till we watch the last low star,
Let us love and let us take
Of each other all we are.

On some morning with that star
One of us shall lie awake,
Lonely for the other's sake.
(borrowed from Bynner, for Starr) :happydance:

stijndeloose wrote:Thanks for all the hard work, Littul Faireh! :hugs:

Over to you and ratteh now spotteh kitteh!

Grace wrote:I love you girlfriend. It's nice to know I can still keep in touch with you.

Right back at you my lovely.

james1v wrote:. :drunk: :cheers:

Doubtdispelled wrote:Oooh, a party! I brought along some more fairies

to help us (and Starr!) eat all the fairy cakes

Yummy!

MacIver wrote:Cheers-me-dears.

:cheers:

All this drinking is making me....

SafeAsMilk wrote:I don't have any real grasp on how much work/time you've put into this place, but judging from what others have said, it's a lot! Thanks for making this a great place to hang :cheers:

and .... thank you for the kind words said in another thread:
NineOneFour wrote:Starr, you were great!

z8000783 wrote:Yes indeed, in fact all the mods do a fantastic job.

John

twistor59 wrote:Ah Starr, you were the one everybody was terrified of. Miss whiplash !! :lol: :lol:

cavarka9 wrote:
natselrox wrote:
hackenslash wrote:How did I miss this?

Thank you Starr, for everything. You are, and have always been in my experience, a SuperStarr!

:this:

Thank you, Starr! :cheers:

Thank you starr :cheers:

Durro wrote:Starr is to be congratulated. She approached her leadership on the Mod team with diligence, integrity and passion and did a lot of positive things behind the scenes that may not see the public light of day. She helped to shape the forum into what it is today and was a great mentor, guide and friend.

I look forward to catching up with her in person again at the Atheists Conference in Melbourne in April.

:beer:

Thanks Durro. I look forward to catching up with you again too..... at a safe distance... given your uncanny ability to attract catastrophe.

Skinny Puppy wrote:I’m sorry to see Star go, :whine: but at least she’ll still be with us as a very valued member.

Just as a side note here:
Look at my signature and the red picture of me. That was the work of Star back on the old RDF forum.

I don’t remember the thread, but we were all talking about the FSM (PPUH) and it was mentioned (perhaps by Star) that there should be a female FSM too.

I and a few others agreed so Star changed our avatars to make them more female in appearance by making them pink and adding some animated stars to them. I’ve kept that avatar to this day. :cheers:

Ahhhhhh the memories .... here she is....

stijndeloose wrote: A wise decision that anyone can make: if you feel tempted to attack a RatSkep member, take a break.

starr
RS Donator

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby rJD » Oct 20, 2011 12:22 pm

starr wrote:Image

That fairy'll be found dead on the doorstep in the morning, as a "present" from tiddles.
I was "jd" in RDF, and am still in Rationalia.com

"Wooberish" - a neologism for woo expressed in gibberish, spread the "meme".

rJD
RS Donator

Name: John
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Lizard_King » Oct 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Holy crap, there's so much sparkling fairy stuff in this thread... That gay vampire from Twilight would be jealous... :shock:

Anyway, thank you for your hard work, Starr, and all the best to you. :cheers:
"Yet again it is demonstrated that monotheistic religion is a plagiarism of a plagiarism of a hearsay of a hearsay, of an illusion of an illusion, extending all the way back to a fabrication of a few nonevents."
- Christopher Hitchens
Lizard_King

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Sityl » Oct 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Wow! Starr, thank you so much for the incredible amount of time you've invested to this website! It's as great as it is to day in large part thank to you! I can't imagine it was easy coming to this decision, but I'm sure it's time, you've put a LOT in! Thank you again for doing so much for this community.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Ironclad » Oct 20, 2011 4:48 pm

What have you done to FSM!! This is outraging religious sensibilities, i'm calling the cops. :rofl:
"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks

Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Bahrain (bh)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Blip » Oct 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Ironclad wrote:What have you done to FSM!! This is outraging religious sensibilities, i'm calling the copscoptics. :rofl:

FTFY :cheers:
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Varangian » Oct 20, 2011 5:12 pm

"My name is Nuff. I'm a fairy. Fairy Nuff."

There, a lame pun as a small "thank you" for being at the helm of one of the most tightly run ships lifeboats on the Interwebz.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Mister Agenda » Oct 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks for all your contributions, starr, I wish you all the best!
Mister Agenda

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#35  Postby akigr8 » Oct 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Thank you for all you have done, you are a Starr. :) :cheers:
I once applied for a job as a mustard cutter.

But unfortunately I wasn’t quite good enough.
akigr8

Name: Kim

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Mantisdreamz » Oct 21, 2011 7:00 am

:hug: Starr.
ImageImageImage
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#37  Postby NineOneFour » Oct 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks, Starr. :)
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#38  Postby VanYoungman » Oct 21, 2011 1:44 pm

:hug: Bon Voyage. You were a great asset to all our lives.

Nullius in Verba
VanYoungman
RS Donator

Name: Charles Van Patten You
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#39  Postby hackenslash » Oct 22, 2011 5:37 am

What can be said about Starr? It's difficult to put into words the contribution she has made to the forum, so I won't say anything.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#40  Postby hackenslash » Oct 22, 2011 5:45 am

Seriously, though, this forum is what it is, in large part, because of Starr's dedication. The amount of flak she's taken as senior mod, and all for love of the forum, is nigh on incalculable.

I know she has mentored several of the staff, both former and extant, and has guided them through one of the most difficult moderating jobs on the web,a moderating job, it should be noted, that yours truly was and remains unwilling to take on.

It is a poorer forum today for her decision. I'm absolutely without doubt that Kiore and Stijndeloose will slip into the job nicely and ensure that her loss is mitigated as much as is possible, but I'm equally certain that they'd both join me, not just in recognition that the forum has suffered a great loss, but in thanking her for her contribution to the forum, which was inestimable.

I feel privileged and honoured to be able to call her my friend.

Right, Starr, I've done as you asked and said something nice. Now will you sing us a song?
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements