Starr's Formal Leaving Party.

Starr has resigned as Senior Mod.

Check here for news about the site.

Moderators: LIFE, kiore

Re: Starr's Formal Leaving Party.

#41  Postby virphen » Oct 23, 2011 1:56 am

When you first told me, Fairy Goddess, that you were taking this on, I am pretty sure my first reaction was "you're mad!"

So first of all, congratulations on regaining your sanity!

But more importantly, congratulations on what you have achieved over the last 18+ months. The fact that there is even just an active site continuing to host robust and insightful discussions after all this time... that it hasn't shrunk away over the community that migrated lost the aura of the Dawkins name is no mean achievement. And that is to the great credit of the staff that you've led all this time.

And hopefully now that the responsibility has gone, and you no longer have to be one holding the FUA stick, you can show more people (and remind some who may have forgotten) just how much fun a liberated Fairy can be!
virphen

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby AlohaChris » Oct 23, 2011 2:23 am

Starr! I'm late to the going away party, but I wanted to say Mahalos to you for keeping order around the forum (and teaching me how to post youtube videos). :cheers: Aloha O'e, Hoku!

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer for why the sun goes down at night."
- Cavil of Cylon
AlohaChris
RS Donator

Name: Chris
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Mac_Guffin » Oct 23, 2011 3:40 am

She's leaving for good, or just as a mod?
Is there any reason or is it personal?

I wish you the best, whatever it is. :cheers:
Mac_Guffin

Name: Christopher
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Lion IRC » Oct 23, 2011 4:22 am

What - a party with no music?
Get the funk outta here!
:cheers: Starr

"...Sky falling, calling. Can you tell me why?..."
(Star - Earth Wind and Fire. Eddie Del Barrio, Maurice White, Allee Willis - Columbia Records.)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGo1SAeLjXU[/youtube]
FORMAL DEBATE - Lion IRC (affirmative) vs Crocodile Gandhi (negative)
Topic - Gay marriage should not be legalised in society.
Moderator - Durro
Now Showing HERE.
Lion IRC
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#45  Postby redwhine » Oct 23, 2011 6:50 am

Lion IRC wrote:What - a party with no music?

:oops: Damn! I knew I'd forgotten something.

Superstar.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkOryYF6CI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVr2uks0C8[/youtube]

Starr

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEoMrMmQyr8[/youtube]
:roll:

Starry, starry.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNdYLGAxcWA[/youtube]

red, redwhine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysxw7EON5xc[/youtube]
Like BEER? ...Click here!

What do I believe?

Atheism is myth understood.
redwhine

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#46  Postby jerome » Oct 26, 2011 9:17 am

Bugger blast and damnation! I have not been on the forum recently, but on my popping in what do I find but Starr leaving us as Senioer Mod? Starr has done an epic job in sustaining, creating, and managing the community, and I think it is hard to find sufficient words to praise her incredible hard work. I hope to spend my time winding her up now she is not senior mod, and creating loads of lovely reports for the new mods to have to deal with, and hope she will continue to be the vital part fo the forum she has been, in a new capacity as one of us proles!

Starr, you truly are a star!
j x
Yours sincerely, Jerome -- a threat to reason & science

I am an Anglican Prejudice declared - My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/
jerome

Name: CJ
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#47  Postby stijndeloose » Oct 27, 2011 3:55 am

Mac_Guffin wrote:She's leaving for good, or just as a mod?

I'll think you'll find these questions replied to here. ;)
Fallible wrote:Don't bacon picnic.
stijndeloose
Banned User

Name: Stdlnjo
Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby Mac_Guffin » Oct 27, 2011 4:35 am

Thanks. :)
I haven't had the time to look through the whole thread.
Mac_Guffin

Name: Christopher
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#49  Postby Made of Stars » Oct 29, 2011 2:14 am

Yes, well done Starr, this break is very well earned! I hope you enjoy 'coming out' and being a regular for a while. :cheers:

:party2: :disco: :happydance: :lollypop:
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#50  Postby starr » Oct 31, 2011 11:24 pm

rJD wrote:
starr wrote:Image

That fairy'll be found dead on the doorstep in the morning, as a "present" from tiddles.

Us Yellowbeards fairies are never more dangerous than when we're dead.
*************************************************************************************

Lizard_King wrote:Holy crap, there's so much sparkling fairy stuff in this thread... That gay vampire from Twilight would be jealous... :shock:

Nah... he won't be jealous.... me and Edward are bff's ...

Lizard_King wrote:Anyway, thank you for your hard work, Starr, and all the best to you. :cheers:

*************************************************************************************

Sityl wrote:Wow! Starr, thank you so much for the incredible amount of time you've invested to this website! It's as great as it is to day in large part thank to you! I can't imagine it was easy coming to this decision, but I'm sure it's time, you've put a LOT in! Thank you again for doing so much for this community.

Thank you Sityl

Blip wrote:
Ironclad wrote:What have you done to FSM!! This is outraging religious sensibilities, i'm calling the copscoptics. :rofl:

FTFY :cheers:

The FSM is most definitely female.... she told me so.

Varangian wrote:"My name is Nuff. I'm a fairy. Fairy Nuff."

There, a lame pun as a small "thank you" for being at the helm of one of the most tightly run ships lifeboats on the Interwebz.

You're welcome.

Mister Agenda wrote:Thanks for all your contributions, starr, I wish you all the best!

akigr8 wrote:Thank you for all you have done, you are a Starr. :) :cheers:

Mantisdreamz wrote::hug: Starr.

NineOneFour wrote:Thanks, Starr. :)

VanYoungman wrote::hug: Bon Voyage. You were a great asset to all our lives.

What do you mean "were"?

You'll always be my favourite old fart

hackenslash wrote:Seriously, though, this forum is what it is, in large part, because of Starr's dedication. The amount of flak she's taken as senior mod, and all for love of the forum, is nigh on incalculable.

I know she has mentored several of the staff, both former and extant, and has guided them through one of the most difficult moderating jobs on the web,a moderating job, it should be noted, that yours truly was and remains unwilling to take on.

It is a poorer forum today for her decision. I'm absolutely without doubt that Kiore and Stijndeloose will slip into the job nicely and ensure that her loss is mitigated as much as is possible, but I'm equally certain that they'd both join me, not just in recognition that the forum has suffered a great loss, but in thanking her for her contribution to the forum, which was inestimable.

I feel privileged and honoured to be able to call her my friend.

hackenslash wrote:Right, Starr, I've done as you asked and said something nice. Now will you sing us a song?

Hmmm.... I guess a song would be a fair trade for such kind words.... I'll see what I can do....

virphen wrote:When you first told me, Fairy Goddess, that you were taking this on, I am pretty sure my first reaction was "you're mad!"

So first of all, congratulations on regaining your sanity!

But more importantly, congratulations on what you have achieved over the last 18+ months. The fact that there is even just an active site continuing to host robust and insightful discussions after all this time... that it hasn't shrunk away over the community that migrated lost the aura of the Dawkins name is no mean achievement. And that is to the great credit of the staff that you've led all this time.

And hopefully now that the responsibility has gone, and you no longer have to be one holding the FUA stick, you can show more people (and remind some who may have forgotten) just how much fun a liberated Fairy can be!

Awwww....thank you. That's why you are my favourite Space Lizard.

AlohaChris wrote:Starr! I'm late to the going away party, but I wanted to say Mahalos to you for keeping order around the forum (and teaching me how to post youtube videos). :cheers: Aloha O'e, Hoku!

... and don't forget that awesome mythmas avatar I made for you last mythmas. :whistle:

Mac_Guffin wrote:She's leaving for good, or just as a mod?

Just as a mod. I'll still be hanging about the place making a nuisance of myself.

Get the funk outta here!
:cheers: Starr

redwhine wrote:

:oops: Damn! I knew I'd forgotten something.

Superstar.
Starr
Starry, starry.
red, redwhine

Thank you for the music.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k07sen2YVk[/youtube]

jerome wrote:Bugger blast and damnation! I have not been on the forum recently, but on my popping in what do I find but Starr leaving us as Senioer Mod? Starr has done an epic job in sustaining, creating, and managing the community, and I think it is hard to find sufficient words to praise her incredible hard work. I hope to spend my time winding her up now she is not senior mod, and creating loads of lovely reports for the new mods to have to deal with, and hope she will continue to be the vital part fo the forum she has been, in a new capacity as one of us proles!

Starr, you truly are a star!
j x

Just don't wind me too tightly...

Made of Stars wrote:Yes, well done Starr, this break is very well earned! I hope you enjoy 'coming out' and being a regular for a while. :cheers:

:party2: :disco: :happydance: :lollypop:

Thank you... and I'm glad to see you back again Mister!
stijndeloose wrote: A wise decision that anyone can make: if you feel tempted to attack a RatSkep member, take a break.

starr
RS Donator

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#51  Postby starr » Nov 01, 2011 12:13 am

starr wrote:
hackenslash wrote:Right, Starr, I've done as you asked and said something nice. Now will you sing us a song?

Hmmm.... I guess a song would be a fair trade for such kind words.... I'll see what I can do....

OK... here you are..... and Happy Halloween!
Hackenslash Halloween
stijndeloose wrote: A wise decision that anyone can make: if you feel tempted to attack a RatSkep member, take a break.

starr
RS Donator

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#52  Postby z8000783 » Nov 01, 2011 12:56 am

Haven't had time to read the whole thread but congratulations on your new job, I'm sure it is well deserved and you will be great.

John
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Tangerine Dream » Nov 01, 2011 1:38 am

If shit was worth something, poor people would be born with no asshole.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses."
Lenny Bruce
Tangerine Dream

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#54  Postby Just Wondering » Nov 15, 2011 2:42 pm

You lay your head down and rest now. You deserve to be an Old Fart. :)

Just Wondering
Banned User

Print view this post

#55  Postby z8000783 » Nov 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Nah, she needs to go to Thread Killers and show how it can be done without resorting to 'Thread Locked'.

John
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby Weaver » Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Yeah - like THAT was ever a final solution to some threads ... :roll:

:mrgreen:
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#57  Postby Tyrannical » Jan 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Though I have disagreed with some of Starr's decisions in the past, I have always felt that she made the effort to disregard her own inherent biases in order to follow the spirit of the FUA.
Good fences make good neighbors
Tyrannical
Banned Troll

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#58  Postby LucidFlight » Jan 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Tyrannical wrote:Though I have disagreed with some of Starr's decisions in the past, I have always felt that she made the effort to disregard her own inherent biases in order to follow the spirit of the FUA.

Hear, hear. :cheers:
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Bob Bobson
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Announcements