Want to write essays & articles?

Check here for news about the site.

Moderators: LIFE, kiore

Re: Want to write essays & articles?

#121  Postby hackenslash » Mar 01, 2011 11:16 pm

maik wrote:
LIFE (Jun 10, 2010 3:17 pm ) wrote:We will have a section for articles soon.

How soon?
Is it possible that the new section is on and i am missing it?
I don't mean to be a pain, but at first i got excited with the idea, is all.

LIFE has been very busy out there in the real world.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#122  Postby maik » Apr 16, 2011 7:13 am

Unfortunately, my portable computer has been stolen recently. Of course i replaced it, but a lot of work is gone. Part of that work was my posts in this forum and in RDF. One of my favorites was the article that i sent to LIFE, so i would be grateful if LIFE, or any other moderator related, could sent it to me- if possible. Maybe via PM.
Actually, if the plan for an article- section is still on, i wouldn't mind waiting and saving my article straight from there.
And, if my article is gone, no problem. Just asking.
ΜΙΧΑΛΗΣ Δ.
maik

Name: Μιχαήλ
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#123  Postby coop » Nov 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Any person submitting an essay to this site, would immediately be subjected to the skepticism of the remainder of the group. Why would you seek opinions in this manner, the writer knowing he or she would be immediately held up to possible redicule and criticism? It seems somewhat oxymoronic, or zero-sum circular thinking. Just saying....
coop

United States (us)
Print view this post

#124  Postby Mr.Samsa » Nov 11, 2011 12:05 am

coop wrote:Any person submitting an essay to this site, would immediately be subjected to the skepticism of the remainder of the group. Why would you seek opinions in this manner, the writer knowing he or she would be immediately held up to possible redicule and criticism? It seems somewhat oxymoronic, or zero-sum circular thinking. Just saying....

I think it's unlikely that someone would receive ridicule, unless their entry was mistaken as a joke entry (e.g. if they tried to demonstrate that mind reading is possible because 'quantum'). And criticism is a good thing, that would be the main reason I would post an article (or even why I make posts here). What's the point of having opinions if you don't present them for criticism occasionally? It's the only way we learn. And, of course, there would be positive comments as well - people commenting on your excellent writing skills, or easy to understand explanations, or wealth of knowledge, etc. So it's unlikely to be an entirely negative experience.

Welcome to the forum though :cheers:
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

#125  Postby Goldenmane » Nov 13, 2011 9:44 am

coop wrote:Any person submitting an essay to this site, would immediately be subjected to the skepticism of the remainder of the group. Why would you seek opinions in this manner, the writer knowing he or she would be immediately held up to possible redicule and criticism? It seems somewhat oxymoronic, or zero-sum circular thinking. Just saying....

As would anyone submitting, say, a poorly thought-out post.

Just saying.
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

#126  Postby hackenslash » Nov 13, 2011 2:38 pm

:lol:
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#127  Postby Will S » Dec 06, 2011 11:16 am

Sorry if this is a silly question, but have any articles yet been published on this site? If there have, I can't find them.

I ask because I'm sitting on an essay 'Are there two kinds of theists?' which I'd like to expose to comment and criticism, and I'm looking for somewhere to place it.
'To a thinking person, a paradox is what the smell of burning rubber is to an electrical engineer' - Sir Peter Medawar (adapted)
Will S

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Announcements