Official photo

A forum for people in the armed forces.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Official photo

#21  Postby Weaver » Sep 20, 2010 12:20 pm

akigr8 wrote:^ :? pain! Me no like. :)

Weaver wrote:I love that load-bearing vest of yours - of all the ones I've seen, I think it's the best of the non-modular models. Great adjustments, good versatility - I'm working on trading for one.

I agree, very versatile. A major step up from what we used to have:

I did a bit of googling and found some who sells the vest, approx 160$ for a used one http://www.game-on.no/webshop/norskstri ... p-669.html

Edit. But you are probably talking this one http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... 30&act=url

No, I was refering to the first one - as I said, best non-modular vest (meaning you can't shift the pouches around to suit personal taste or mission requirements).

I am not going to buy one - but I am working on a trade with one of my Norwegian buddies at PRT Meymanah. ;)

Our old LBE was much like what you pictured here - pain personified, and limited real estate as well. Mine used to weigh upwards of 25 pounds (12kg) by itself.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby akigr8 » Sep 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Weaver wrote:No, I was refering to the first one - as I said, best non-modular vest (meaning you can't shift the pouches around to suit personal taste or mission requirements).
Ah, I was wondering what you meant by non-modular vest.
Weaver wrote:I am not going to buy one - but I am working on a trade with one of my Norwegian buddies at PRT Meymanah. ;)
:lol:
Will save you a fortune. :thumbup:
Weaver wrote:Our old LBE was much like what you pictured here - pain personified, and limited real estate as well. Mine used to weigh upwards of 25 pounds (12kg) by itself.

Don't think mine ever weighed that much, pain indeed.
Glad we have the new type.

natselrox wrote:Kick-ass Aki! Love it! :thumbup:

:shock:

How did you know my middle name is Kick-ass??! :what:
I once applied for a job as a mustard cutter.

But unfortunately I wasn’t quite good enough.
akigr8

Name: Kim

Print view this post

#23  Postby amok » Feb 09, 2011 3:55 am

Not an official photo, just a snapshot, but this was my guy on graduation day from basic training into the Canadian Navy, 1979.

amok
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#24  Postby BrettA » Mar 09, 2013 12:26 pm

It's a shit copy, but this may be all I have left this shot - my computer's been hacked and much deleted (again obviously, not official, c. 1969)...
Screen Shot 2013-03-09 at 5.20.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-03-09 at 5.20.25 AM.png (123.99 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
Done.
BrettA

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Atheists in Foxholes