Effect of weed?

Evolution, Natural Selection, Medicine, Psychology & Neuroscience.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Effect of weed?

#21  Postby laklak » Sep 15, 2018 6:15 pm

PensivePenny wrote:... I had apparently passed out... not a sleeping pass out, but a full on black out for about a minute. I used to smoke a lot when I was young, but this is the second time something like that has happened to me in the last 5 years or so. I think I'll stick to wine.


Same thing happens to my sister if she smokes. She used to partake a lot more when she was younger, but it's effects are less than salubrious these days. I still smoke like a chimney, in fact I just had a bowl. Fuck it, it's Saturday and I've done what I need to for the day. Got leftover chili and a bag of Fritos, so it's Frito Pie for dinner. Made myself a Bloody Maria, had a bowl, going to binge watch something or another. Still have to take the Moo for her walk later, which is a schlep in the heat, but in the greater scheme of things hardly a major bother.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#22  Postby Cito di Pense » Sep 15, 2018 7:36 pm

I love this town!
Attachments
weed store.jpg
weed store.jpg (85.4 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29564
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#23  Postby PensivePenny » Sep 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks for the weed, man. Thanks for the weed.
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny
 
Name: Penny
Posts: 1693
Age: 58
Female

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#24  Postby laklak » Sep 15, 2018 11:36 pm

Mind if I do a J?
Attachments
mind if i do a j.jpg
mind if i do a j.jpg (94.43 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#25  Postby fluttermoth » Sep 26, 2018 3:19 pm

I do not!

In fact, I think I'll join you; it's a lovely sunny day here, the cat's asleep,the rabbit's on the lawn, perfect moment for a little chill

:smoke:
User avatar
fluttermoth
 
Posts: 243
Age: 51
Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#26  Postby Hermit » Sep 26, 2018 7:30 pm

BWE wrote:Only one way to find out.

Yes. Watch this documentary.



Then write up an executive summary for me. tl;dw
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4657
Age: 68
Male

Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#27  Postby Hermit » Sep 26, 2018 7:46 pm

Kyx wrote:What effect does smoking weed have on the human body?

Beware. It causes laughter and giggles!

TRUE stories. Honest.



God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4657
Age: 68
Male

Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#28  Postby truelgbt » Oct 03, 2018 9:36 pm

PensivePenny wrote: A month ago I was at a party and partook of some for medicinal purposes.


"Party" and "Medicinal" seems a bit suspicious.

Medicinal. lol. That's what we all say at first...
truelgbt
 
Name: trev
Posts: 186

Country: aussie
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#29  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Oct 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Kyx wrote:What effect does smoking weed have on the human body?

If someone has a family history of heart related illnesses should they smoke weed?


One of the effects of cannabis is a drop in blood pressure which can increase heart rate. If you have a family history of heart related illness, you should at least explore whether an increase in heart rate is a concern for any potential condition you might have.

More importantly, consult a real doctor as I only play one on the internet.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
User avatar
CdesignProponentsist
 
Posts: 12701
Age: 54
Male

Country: California
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#30  Postby BrettA » Apr 26, 2020 7:05 pm

I used to smoke a bit in my 20s and liked it, but stopped because I generally fell asleep sooner than I wanted and in situations that I'd rather be awake in. Then in my mid-60s at an Atheist Conference in Burbank, smoked more with some Ratz people and it was quite awesome - better than earlier by a good margin and I didn't fall asleep.

Now, a month ago and with it legal here, I tried edibles - chocolate squares and a bottle of 60 softgel pills dated 2018-NO-27 - and have been extremely disappointed. The first night I tried all 6 chocolate squares and 10 pills over ~4 hours and, nothing, except feeling a little drowzy... I've tried varying combinations, the most being 15 pills at once and again, zip :whine: . I emailed the maker, noting the possibility of shelf-life problems, and they wrote back saying they had lots of products and I had to try to find one that worked (they didn't address shelf-life). Well, I'm not prepared to just keep buying and buying, so am wondering if this group might agree that it's likely primarily a shelf-life issue (one site I looked online said that edibles lose their potency starting around 14 months which fits into my situation). I wrote them back about 3 weeks ago asking again about shelf life and they haven't replied. I feel ripped off and now want it for my decrepit knees as much as for the high. Is it true that trying a different product, like gummy bears, might 'work' for me, if the same shelf-life issue applies?
My Wiki Page (Contribs: photos & other): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrettA343
My Quora Profile, includes all posts, FYI: https://www.quora.com/profile/Brett-Aubrey-2
User avatar
BrettA
 
Posts: 384
Age: 74
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#31  Postby The_Piper » Apr 26, 2020 7:31 pm

BrettA wrote:I used to smoke a bit in my 20s and liked it, but stopped because I generally fell asleep sooner than I wanted and in situations that I'd rather be awake in. Then in my mid-60s at an Atheist Conference in Burbank, smoked more with some Ratz people and it was quite awesome - better than earlier by a good margin and I didn't fall asleep.

Now, a month ago and with it legal here, I tried edibles - chocolate squares and a bottle of 60 softgel pills dated 2018-NO-27 - and have been extremely disappointed. The first night I tried all 6 chocolate squares and 10 pills over ~4 hours and, nothing, except feeling a little drowzy... I've tried varying combinations, the most being 15 pills at once and again, zip :whine: . I emailed the maker, noting the possibility of shelf-life problems, and they wrote back saying they had lots of products and I had to try to find one that worked (they didn't address shelf-life). Well, I'm not prepared to just keep buying and buying, so am wondering if this group might agree that it's likely primarily a shelf-life issue (one site I looked online said that edibles lose their potency starting around 14 months which fits into my situation). I wrote them back about 3 weeks ago asking again about shelf life and they haven't replied. I feel ripped off and now want it for my decrepit knees as much as for the high. Is it true that trying a different product, like gummy bears, might 'work' for me, if the same shelf-life issue applies?
I have nothing scientific, but can share my own experience.
Shelf life depends on the condition it's stored in. I read in High Times back in the day that it's about 1 year. :lol: I keep it in the freezer, and I have some left in there from 2015 that works still. I use edibles, and I make them myself. I infuse it into olive oil and using an eye dropper, fill capsules. I store them in the freezer due to mold concerns. I've got it concentrated enough to only use one capsule at a time. I've tried gummy and hard candies from a medical dispensary, but they don't work as well as my own capsules. I left buds in a drawer for around a year by accident, and it turned brown, but still worked.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 29006
Age: 47
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#32  Postby BrettA » Apr 26, 2020 8:30 pm

The_Piper wrote:... Shelf life depends on the condition it's stored in. I read in High Times back in the day that it's about 1 year.

So you're basically agreeing with me as I see it. Shelf life could be my issue, partly depending on how the company stores its product. If they've had it frozen since Nov 2018 (and I doubt they do that), should it still be fairly potent now, please?
My Wiki Page (Contribs: photos & other): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrettA343
My Quora Profile, includes all posts, FYI: https://www.quora.com/profile/Brett-Aubrey-2
User avatar
BrettA
 
Posts: 384
Age: 74
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Effect of weed?

#33  Postby The_Piper » Apr 26, 2020 8:48 pm

BrettA wrote:
The_Piper wrote:... Shelf life depends on the condition it's stored in. I read in High Times back in the day that it's about 1 year.

So you're basically agreeing with me as I see it. Shelf life could be my issue, partly depending on how the company stores its product. If they've had it frozen since Nov 2018 (and I doubt they do that), should it still be fairly potent now, please?

If it was stored frozen since 2018 it would still be good. I took one of my 2018 capsules today, and didn't notice a difference in quality from my 2019 ones. Stored at room temperature it would probably be noticeably weaker, and more fatigue-inducing as THC supposedly degrades into CBD over time.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 29006
Age: 47
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Biological Sciences

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest