Evolution - actual evidence and proof?

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Ironclad, Onyx8

Re: Evolution - actual evidence and proof?

#41  Postby Robert Heenan in UK » Sep 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Macdoc wrote:did this not get moved yet.....tut tut...:coffee:

•••

up to you to learn basic science which you demonstrably have not....what's your agenda BTW?
You don't really expect anyone to take you seriously?? That's almost as ridiculous as your position :roll:

You dont need to patronising. Im a scientist myself and quite frankly Mr Lenskis experiments and results which have been heralded as a success and a scientific breakthrough is an absolute joke.

One of the colonies of bacteria learnt to live on citrate.....WOW!!!! Big deal!!!

Despite having generation times of only 20-30 minutes and subjecting the bacteria to all sorts of various chemicals, biologicals, mutagenic and environmental factors....did the unicellular bacteria form a multicellular organism of just two cells and this over a period equivalent of tens of millions of human years??
Robert Heenan in UK

Name: Robert Heenan

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby Robert Heenan in UK » Sep 20, 2013 10:41 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:There's no proof you're trolling either, but there sure is a lot of evidence.

Proofs are for math. Go learn about the scientific method, then come back when you've figured out the basics.

Robert Heenan in UK wrote:...i expect an apology from you.

:lol:

Im a scientist myself too but its the way evolution pseudoscientists use their nonsense to preach their rubbish as "scientific facts" when infact its not.

Theres alot more!!!
Robert Heenan in UK

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#43  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Robert Heenan in UK wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Robert Heenan in UK wrote: I consider the evolution field as pseudoscience and a total abuse of real science.

The whole thing just like climate change and organised religion seems like a total utter fraud

Have you never been to a fucking library or watched a program on the subject. What sort of bubble do you live in?

Theres no need for that type of language and i expect an apology from you.

I have watched many programmes on this thing and also read alot on this stuff and im just as baffled and bewildered ..in fact more so than mainstream and new age religions

Its upto people like yourself who live and breathe evolution to prove to people like myself that evolution really is a "scientific fact" and that we actually descended from a single cell via fish, lizards and baboons through zillions and zillions of beneficial mutations

Getting all angry and abusive is not nice and im being reasonable here

:lol:
"Infinite loop?! I don't have time for that!" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 20, 2013 10:52 pm

What type of scientist is it that you claim to be?
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#45  Postby theropod » Sep 20, 2013 10:52 pm

•••

up to you to learn basic science which you demonstrably have not....what's your agenda BTW?
You don't really expect anyone to take you seriously?? That's almost as ridiculous as your position :roll:

You dont need to patronising. Im a scientist myself and quite frankly Mr Lenskis experiments and results which have been heralded as a success and a scientific breakthrough is an absolute joke.

One of the colonies of bacteria learnt to live on citrate.....WOW!!!! Big deal!!!

Despite having generation times of only 20-30 minutes and subjecting the bacteria to all sorts of various chemicals, biologicals, mutagenic and environmental factors....did the unicellular bacteria form a multicellular organism of just two cells and this over a period equivalent of tens of millions of human years??

OK, here's an example of something similar;
LINK

Phagotrophy by a flagellate selects for colonial prey: A possible origin of multicellularity

MARTIN E. Boraas, DIANNE B. Seale, JOSEPH E. Boxhorn

Evolutionary Ecology
02-1998, Volume 12, Issue 2, pp 153-164

Abstract

Predation was a powerful selective force promoting increased morphological complexity in a unicellular prey held in constant environmental conditions. The green alga, Chlorella vulgaris, is a well-studied eukaryote, which has retained its normal unicellular form in cultures in our laboratories for thousands of generations. For the experiments reported here, steady-state unicellular C. vulgaris continuous cultures were inoculated with the predator Ochromonas vallescia, a phagotrophic flagellated protist (‘flagellate’). Within less than 100 generations of the prey, a multicellular Chlorella growth form became dominant in the culture (subsequently repeated in other cultures). The prey Chlorella first formed globose clusters of tens to hundreds of cells. After about 10–20 generations in the presence of the phagotroph, eight-celled colonies predominated. These colonies retained the eight-celled form indefinitely in continuous culture and when plated onto agar. These self-replicating, stable colonies were virtually immune to predation by the flagellate, but small enough that each Chlorella cell was exposed directly to the nutrient medium.

Something like that?

Do switch the goal posts at your will.

RS
13 years off-grid and counting.

Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#46  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Onyx8 wrote:What type of scientist is it that you claim to be?

CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#47  Postby reisender » Sep 20, 2013 11:17 pm

I can't wait for the answer!
SpeedOfSound wrote:I also held my last puff before I went into a non-smoking Establishment and gleefully exhaled a half a cigarette inside.
reisender

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby Robert Heenan in UK » Sep 20, 2013 11:29 pm

theropod wrote:

•••

OK, here's an example of something similar;
LINK

Phagotrophy by a flagellate selects for colonial prey: A possible origin of multicellularity

MARTIN E. Boraas, DIANNE B. Seale, JOSEPH E. Boxhorn

Evolutionary Ecology
02-1998, Volume 12, Issue 2, pp 153-164

Abstract

Predation was a powerful selective force promoting increased morphological complexity in a unicellular prey held in constant environmental conditions. The green alga, Chlorella vulgaris, is a well-studied eukaryote, which has retained its normal unicellular form in cultures in our laboratories for thousands of generations. For the experiments reported here, steady-state unicellular C. vulgaris continuous cultures were inoculated with the predator Ochromonas vallescia, a phagotrophic flagellated protist (‘flagellate’). Within less than 100 generations of the prey, a multicellular Chlorella growth form became dominant in the culture (subsequently repeated in other cultures). The prey Chlorella first formed globose clusters of tens to hundreds of cells. After about 10–20 generations in the presence of the phagotroph, eight-celled colonies predominated. These colonies retained the eight-celled form indefinitely in continuous culture and when plated onto agar. These self-replicating, stable colonies were virtually immune to predation by the flagellate, but small enough that each Chlorella cell was exposed directly to the nutrient medium.

Something like that?

Do switch the goal posts at your will.

RS

I dont need to. Thats very desperate of evolutionist to use this silly experiment just like the silly yeast flocculation experiment as "scientific evidence" of evolution.

Its absolutely laugahble. Here you have a bunch of colonies forming together to form cluster. The experiment did not show the evolution of multi-cellular organisms. Not at all.

But somehow this is supposed to be "scientific proof" of evolution

Pathetic!!!

And theres alot more!!
Robert Heenan in UK

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#49  Postby Rumraket » Sep 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Translation: Yeah, that does't count because I say so, so I don't believe it. There, haha I win!

Wow, you really dealt with the contents there. How can anyone even deal with this onslaught of reason and evidence? :rofl:
"When inventing a god, the most important thing is to claim it is invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise, people will become skeptical when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing." - Anonymous
Rumraket
Suspended User

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#50  Postby Rumraket » Sep 20, 2013 11:38 pm

A PhD in personal incredulity. His dissertation was on Denial through mockery 101.
"When inventing a god, the most important thing is to claim it is invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise, people will become skeptical when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing." - Anonymous
Rumraket
Suspended User

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#51  Postby Robert Heenan in UK » Sep 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Rumraket wrote:Wow, you really dealt with the contents there. How can anyone even deal with this onslaught of reason and evidence? :rofl:

Reason...Im being reasonable and as for the evidence. Well the evidence is the evolution pseudoscientists presenting their nonsense garbage as "scientific facts" when infact it sure aint at all.

Colonies forming clusters aint multicellularity at all. Citing the Chlorella vulgaris as evidence of evolution is desperate and utterly pathetic
Robert Heenan in UK

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#52  Postby Robert Heenan in UK » Sep 20, 2013 11:42 pm

Rumraket wrote:

A PhD in personal incredulity. His dissertation was on Denial through mockery 101.

Thats the funny thing about you evolutionists. You simply cant take it when your laughable rubbish gets mocked and torn apart then you resort to making fun and mockery of people that tear apart your nonsense.
Robert Heenan in UK

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Rumraket » Sep 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Rumraket wrote:

Thats the funny thing about you evolutionists. You simply cant take it when your laughable rubbish gets mocked and torn apart then you resort to making fun and mockery of people that tear apart your nonsense.

What do you mean? I'm having fun. :lol:
Rumraket
Suspended User

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#54  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 20, 2013 11:45 pm

You haven't torn anything apart, all you have done is express incredulity.

What type of a scientist is it that you claim to be?
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#55  Postby theropod » Sep 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Rumraket wrote:

Let us know when you are about to START tearing anything apart.

Assertion isn't, and that's all I've seen, aside from fucking lies and goal post shifts. Typical. Yawn fucking yawn.

RS

theropod
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby Robert Heenan in UK » Sep 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Onyx8 wrote:You haven't torn anything apart, all you have done is express incredulity.

Im a scientist :grin:
Robert Heenan in UK

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#57  Postby Robert Heenan in UK » Sep 20, 2013 11:55 pm

theropod wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

Assertion isn't, and that's all I've seen, aside from fucking lies and goal post shifts. Typical. Yawn fucking yawn.

RS

Im sorry but theres no need to be swearing. As a matter of fact lies and goal post shifts is typical of the evolution pseudoscience world.

Chlorella vulgaris multicellularity tale being touted as "scientific proof" of evolution just like the yeast flocculation experiment simply shows how evolution pseudoscientists and its brainwashed followers are so desperate and pathetic
Robert Heenan in UK

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#58  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 21, 2013 12:12 am

Onyx8 wrote:You haven't torn anything apart, all you have done is express incredulity.

Im a scientist :grin:

I'm a space cowboy! You can call me Maurice.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#59  Postby SkyMutt » Sep 21, 2013 12:15 am

I haven't seen anybody describe any of the evidence presented here as "scientific proof." Why do you persist in lying about it, especially when theropod took the time to explain why nobody should expect to find any such thing? What sort of scientist goes on and on about "scientific proof"? What qualifies you to describe yourself as a scientist?
Serious, but not entirely serious.

"The charm of a man is measured by the charm of the women who think he is a scoundrel."
— H. L. Mencken
SkyMutt

Male

Print view this post

#60  Postby theropod » Sep 21, 2013 12:17 am

theropod wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

RS

Im sorry but theres no need to be swearing. As a matter of fact lies and goal post shifts is typical of the evolution pseudoscience world.

Chlorella vulgaris multicellularity tale being touted as "scientific proof" of evolution just like the yeast flocculation experiment simply shows how evolution pseudoscientists and its brainwashed followers are so desperate and pathetic

Tough shit if you don't like my use of words. Be sorry. I'm not. You have no authority to make any demands of anyone here. Get used to it.

You keep harping and spewing your shit, but your say so doesn't amount to festering donkey cum. As far as I can see all the misinformation and goal post shifting has been your MO, so stop deflecting folks from that fact.

Remember, proof isn't involved in science, and you claimed to be a scientist. I call your insistence for this proof and the claim to be a scientist a fucking lie. You asked for evidence, it was given, and low and behold the goal post shifting bullshit you are exhibiting appears.

Again, yawn fucking yawn. Is this the best you can do?

Sniff.

RS

theropod
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism