The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#161  Postby The_Metatron » May 15, 2018 7:39 am

Fallible wrote:Um. That's your job.

Good one.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#162  Postby Fallible » May 15, 2018 7:46 am

Why is it a 'good one'? These sorts of errors are just that. It really isn't surprising that they happen from time to time. You're there to aid the smooth running of the forum. Despite that, we're all aware of how sparse moderator intervention has become over recent months. So you find you have time to do one of the things you're in your post to do, and your response is to irascibly whine about how long it took you. If you don't like the job you signed up for, no one is forcing you to do it. It's hardly forcing you to make sacrifices in your daily life, I can't remember a time when you all did less.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#163  Postby Hermit » May 15, 2018 9:30 am

Fallible wrote:Um. That's your job.

Um, no. Moderators moderate members' behaviour in relation to the FUA. Administrators fix technical issues. If a post crashes the database it's a technical issue. Someone ought to ring LIFE to fix the problem. Tell him that MySQuirreL needs remedial sandboxing.
God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#164  Postby Fallible » May 15, 2018 9:42 am

No, we have always fixed these errors. Even if we didn't, why take it upon yourself and then moan about it?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#165  Postby Hermit » May 15, 2018 9:50 am

Fallible wrote:No, we have always fixed these errors.

May your fridge door shine with silver stars for having served above and beyond the call of duty... :mrgreen:
God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#166  Postby Fallible » May 15, 2018 9:59 am

I hadn't realised that we were now down to three moderators plus kiore, and one of those moderators hasn't logged on since January 2017. There were always some mods who could get into offending posts via eg. Tapatalk and fix the issues, no one contacted LIFE to do it. However, what pissed me off was the fact of people being berated for making simple errors because it took time to fix. It's never been an issue that's been visited on the 'culprit' before. If someone's not prepared to spend the time, I don't know why they would take on the task, then complain. Maybe someone who actually still comes here with the ability could be asked to perform the job when necessary. That would free up the remaining mods to...do...all the...heavy modding...that they're...up to their ears in..?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#167  Postby Thommo » May 15, 2018 10:02 am

I was mildly peeved for about five minutes, but you know what, I fucked up, Jesse has kindly fixed it. Sorry Jesse, thanks for sorting it out.

I suggest we all move on.
Thommo

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#168  Postby Hermit » May 15, 2018 10:45 am

Fallible wrote:I hadn't realised that we were now down to three moderators plus kiore, and one of those moderators hasn't logged on since January 2017.

Yes, a few weeks ago I have commented on the dearth of moderators who have actually logged on recently here.

Fallible wrote:...what pissed me off was the fact of people being berated for making simple errors because it took time to fix. It's never been an issue that's been visited on the 'culprit' before.

That too is something I agree with. It was not even KiR's error. The error consists of the database not being sufficiently sandboxed. That is to say, the error lies in the software and nobody doing anything about it. Looking at the very bottom line on the index page, which says "phpBB © 2010 rationalskepticism.org", my guess is that the forum's software has not been updated since the forum's inception eight years ago. Makes me wonder how many security issues remain unfixed.

In closing, looks like the recent posts here could do with hiving off to a separate thread.
God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#169  Postby The_Metatron » May 15, 2018 4:29 pm

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
What I did last night was troubleshoot and correct users’ PhpBB coding to restore a crashed topic. There’s no automated way to do this, it takes manual inspection of every line of content.

I berated no one. For the first time I think, I let the people who made the mistakes know what mistakes they made.

What has happened in the past is that a topic was lost to everyone here until I was able to sort out the coding error. What will happen in future is a single user will lose the content of a single post. That is a quick remedy to restore a topic to user traffic.

The cost of correcting a coding mistake that crashes a topic is now shared with the user who made it.

The “preview” feature of the post editor will reveal these errors before committing them to the database and crashing a topic.

The_Metatron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#170  Postby Essere » May 16, 2018 3:01 am

Keep It Real wrote:So I've come off my antipsychotics and am diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Flupentixol, my antipsychotic medication, has a biological half-life of 36 hours and my last dose was 72 hours ago, so I've got a quarter of my regular amount in my system. This would not have been enough to alleviate the symptoms of schizophrenia in the past, but I've been taking antipsychotics for the last four years (since my last hospitalisation) and am not experiencing any symptoms of psychosis - I do however feel more energised and creative. There's no paranoia which is the main thing. Perhaps I'm healed, or perhaps one must sit without antipsychotics for a period of time before psychotic thoughts can manifest. Is psychosis a narrative which takes time to develop and take hold, or am I cured? Thoughts? Time will tell, but don't worry, I will take my meds again if and when I start to feel paranoid about hell or people or government surveillance or mind control or just anything which causes me fantastical anxiety. Anybody been through anything similar? Cheers KIR

I experience psychotic/schizoid symptoms if I eat gluten and keep eating it since it is addictive. Last time I had it... my frontal lobe became very inflamed.. felt like my brain was being hit with a hammer from the inside out and I got a very painful gout attack when I had a lot more wheat the next day. Slippery slope with gluten.

My older brother is a diagnosed schizophrenic and he's still on medication while eating gluten everyday. He doesn't believe gluten is hurting him.
Essere

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#171  Postby Cito di Pense » May 16, 2018 10:39 am

Essere wrote:
My older brother is a diagnosed schizophrenic and he's still on medication while eating gluten everyday. He doesn't believe gluten is hurting him.

Your uncle's nephew's brother is only distantly related to me. Why should I be interested in these stories?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#172  Postby Fallible » May 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Gluten. Lol.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#173  Postby BlackBart » May 17, 2018 5:03 am

Gluten tag.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male