Tits on a Boy

Can someone explain it?

Evolution, Natural Selection, Medicine, Psychology & Neuroscience.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Tits on a Boy

#21  Postby felltoearth » Jan 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Tits on a pussy?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Hayull, the's even tits on a boar-hog. They's useless as tits on a boar-hog, but whut didja expect?

Y'all can go ask them ID folks why the hayull did God put tits on a boar-hog. Ah 'spect thuh answer is that God works in mysterious ways.

pelfdaddy wrote:you can earn my gratitude by displaying your brain power with a really good discussion of the topic.

I've made earning your gratitude my life's ambition, at least until you let me off the hook. Hence, this post.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Primary sexual features - testes or ovaries - actually appear early in the foetal developmental cycle, and indeed, are needed for this, so that certain secondary sexual features can develop. This is because important secondary sexual features - whether or not you have a penis or a vagina when you are born - are heavily dependent upon testosterone and androgen being generated by the testes, to stimulate the androgen receptors into male pattern development. Female pattern development takes place in the absence of androgen receptor stimulation by testosterone and androgen. See CAIS for what happens when this fails to operate as usual, due to mutations in the androgen receptor gene.

The interesting part is that in some mammals (principally rodents), nipple buds develop early in the foetal developmental cycle, but a separate signalling system based upon parathyroid hormone related protein (PTHrP), determines whether the nipple buds will develop further, or atrophy. PTHrP stimulates the nipple bud cells, as they divide, to express androgen receptors on their surface. If those androgen receptors are then triggered, male pattern development ensues, as above, and in the case of rodents, the nipples disappear altogether. If the androgen receptors are not triggered, female pattern development ensues, and the nipples continue growing.

In humans, it appears that the "shutdown" program, so to speak, is either incomplete or has been turned off, and this is also the case for many other mammals, so males in these species have visible nipples. The BMP4 protein also plays a role in nipple bud development (indeed, BMP4 crops up pretty much ubiquitously in development - it's found in bone, tooth and organ development pathways right across the development spectrum), and in turn recruits the Msx2 signalling pathway. The Msx2 pathway is the pathway that results in androgen receptor expression on nipple bud cells.

I'll have to delve into the literature in more detail to find out what's going on, but it appears the androgen receptors playing a role in penis/vagina differentiation, are important players in nipple development too.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jan 16, 2018 12:42 am

Boy mice don't have nipples. They do early in development but they have a protein that moves in and destroys them so once they're born they're not nipply.

Nipples on males is the norm though. When my friend inquired as to whether that was normal I was pretty astonished. I just asked her whether male humans have nipples. Of course it's normal for male mammals to have nipples. My goodness.

In her defence, she'd only had three cats in her life prior to adopting Thomas and all were girls. I don't think she'd ever even though about male cat anatomy.

felltoearth wrote:Tits on a pussy?

Your maturity is what initially attracted me to you.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#25  Postby felltoearth » Jan 16, 2018 1:45 am

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:

Everyone has an off day.

I can adulting.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#26  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 16, 2018 2:41 am

felltoearth wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:

Everyone has an off day.

I can adulting.

I've seen you adulting strongly.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby laklak » Jan 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Adulting is overrated. Plus it's really boring and hard. I hates it.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby The_Piper » Jan 17, 2018 2:17 am

I'm liking it. To quote Jerry Seinfeld "If I want a cookie, I have a cookie. I have 2 cookies, 5 cookies, 11 cookies...if I want."
That idea, applied to everything in the world within my means and interest. :mrgreen:

ETA - the clip is on YouTube.
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#29  Postby truelgbt » Sep 12, 2018 9:00 pm

What is this question about? Manboobs?

Scientifically and off the top of my head if I remember correctly, man-nipples have several purposes and things in common with woman-nipples:
1) On both genders it is erectile tissue - yes, you heard that. When a man or woman gets sexually stimulated, they perk up.
2) On both genders nipples are located in what are called erogenous zones - skin zones where rubbing or touching these areas cause sexual stimulation.
3) Visually, mates tend to attract each other partly through similar appearances. Since both genders have similar appearing chest regions with nipples, we tend to attract each other. Studies show that the longest-lasting marriages are often between mates who look alike. This would imply that if a woman saw a man without nipples, this would be a negative thing in her mind.

All joking aside, these are all very good reasons for men to have nipples if you ask me!
truelgbt

Name: trev

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#30  Postby The_Metatron » Sep 13, 2018 2:26 am

What studies show that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby ElDiablo » Sep 13, 2018 3:44 am

Men have nipple because God has nipples. /thread
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Hermit » Sep 13, 2018 11:33 am

Men have nipples for the same reason both Adam and Eve have belly buttons: It's tradition - and/or intelligent design.
God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#33  Postby Cito di Pense » Sep 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Hermit wrote:Men have nipples for the same reason both Adam and Eve have belly buttons: It's tradition - and/or intelligent design.

'bout as useless as tits on a boar-hog, as they say down in the holler.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Alan B » Sep 13, 2018 10:16 pm

It's a puberty thing with tits on a boy.
When I was about 13/14 my left tit began to grow but once puberty passed everything settled down.

I am now a normal 36B. :whistle:

:hide:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Biological Sciences