Bruce Banner dead

Marvel kills off Hulk alter ego

Discuss books here.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Bruce Banner dead

#1  Postby DougC » Jul 13, 2016 10:15 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36781990

B.B.C. Article
Marvel has killed off The Hulk's human alter ego Bruce Banner in its latest comic.
The character is seen dying as a result of an arrow to the head from Hawkeye, his Avengers teammate, in the third issue of Civil War II.
Banner has been the Hulk's alter ego since the character's creation in 1962.
However, for the last year, readers have seen Banner medicating himself to keep his anger management issues under control.
During that time, a Korean-American teenage genius named Amadeus Cho has taken over as the new human alter-ego of The Hulk.

(Continues)
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Bruce Banner dead

#2  Postby Ironclad » Jul 13, 2016 10:23 pm

That's made me angry. Stand. Well. BACK! :mad:

sent by Satan's cell foan
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Greyman » Jul 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Ah, another one for the "We obviously wanted to create hip new characters relevant to the current generation, but the movies have made the old ones super popular again, so we're gonna just mash them together instead" plot.
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - T. Tick.
Greyman

Name: Graham

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby tuco » Jul 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Amadeus Cho a Korean-American teenage genius.

Amadeus is a theophoric given name derived from the Latin words ama – the imperative of the word amare ('to love') – and deus (god). As a linguistic compound in the form of a phereoikos, it means "Love god!". The German-language equivalent is "Gottlieb'; Slavic versions include "Bogumil" and "Bohumil".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadeus_(disambiguation)

Personally, I got enough superhero movies already, just like few decades ago disaster movies.
tuco

Print view this post

#5  Postby Sityl » Jul 14, 2016 6:24 pm

I have a hard time buying that hawkeye can kill banner, even if he isn't transformed into Hulk at the time.

This is lame.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Jul 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Sityl wrote:I have a hard time buying that hawkeye can kill banner, even if he isn't transformed into Hulk at the time.

This is lame.

..... Doesn't killing the alter ego kill the hero? I mean in cases where the hero is more than a costume. I can see killing Bruce Wayne but not Batman, but I can't see Superman surviving the death of Clark Kent. I mean the real death, not a staged death. In the case of the Hulk, the alter ego isn't something the Hulk chose, it's what he was created from and what he is when he's not being the Hulk. I can see killing the Hulk's alter ego meaning that he's all Hulk all the time, but I can't see it logically parsing any other way.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Mazille » Jul 20, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm not going to google it, because I don't care that much, but how exactly can someone else take over as Hulk, when Banner is the Hulk? It's not like a mask you can hand over, right?
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#8  Postby willhud9 » Aug 01, 2016 1:41 am

Amadeus Cho is a super genius and created a device which transforms him into the Hulk with the same powers and strength as the Hulk. Pretty badass.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Greyman » Aug 01, 2016 5:07 am

Mazille wrote:I'm not going to google it, because I don't care that much, but how exactly can someone else take over as Hulk, when Banner is the Hulk? It's not like a mask you can hand over, right?
Meh, it has actually happened before. Rick Jones was The Hulk for a while.
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - T. Tick.
Greyman

Name: Graham

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Return to Books