micheal talbot the holographic universe

Discuss books here.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

micheal talbot the holographic universe

#1  Postby Ayhan Coskun » Feb 05, 2018 4:25 pm

just bought it and started reading it, any thoughts is this a woo book are his claims valid? thank u
Ayhan Coskun

Name: Ayhan Coskun

Print view this post

Re: micheal talbot the holographic universe

#2  Postby Sendraks » Feb 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Unless there is a way to test that reality is just a hologram, then there's little point in this speculation. Reality is what we have to deal with and anything outside of reality is not a going concern for our existences.

Anyone who wants to challenge this is free to leap in front of a speeding truck whilst shouting "IT'S JUST A HOLOGRAM!" and they'll get added to the dataset.

I note that Talbot also claims his theory can explain hitherto unexplained phenomena as telepathy, out-of-body experiences and even miraculous healing. Which I'm sure it can. What it can do is actually provide any evidence that these things occur and are a part of our reality. If he could evidence such things, he'd be on his way to a Nobel prize.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby Ayhan Coskun » Feb 05, 2018 4:36 pm

ok thank you im contemplating reading it it might just be a waste of time thanks for the response
Ayhan Coskun

Name: Ayhan Coskun

Print view this post

#4  Postby newolder » Feb 05, 2018 4:59 pm

As long as the author emphasises that the model (i.e. the internally consistent mathematics) used to enunciate the holographic universe is not (yet) relevant to the positive cosmological constant, de Sitter spacetime in this neck of the cosmos, then things should be ok. :thumbup:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » Feb 06, 2018 3:37 am

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck. it's probably a duck.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Return to Books