The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

Composition and transformation of substance.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#21  Postby Rumraket » Apr 14, 2010 1:02 pm

rainbow wrote:
Rumraket wrote:
rainbow wrote:
General procedure for preparative synthesis of 2,2'-anhydrocytidine nucleosides and
nucleotides
An aqueous solution of the aminooxazoline (0.049M), sodium dihydrogen phosphate
(0.049M 1 eq.), and cyanoacetylene 7 (0.49M, 10 eq.) at pH = 6.5 was stirred at r.t. for
16 h resulting in a pale yellow solution. The solution was lyophilised, and the residue
purified by ion-exchange chromatography (Dowex® 50W 4 × 400 H+-form cationexchange
resin (50 g), eluting with HClaq. in the following stepwise concentration
gradient: 0.5M (2 × 50 mL), 1.0M (2 × 50 mL), 1.5M (2 × 50 mL), 2.0M (2 × 50 mL),
2.5M (2 × 50 mL), 3.0M (2 × 50 mL), 4.0M (2 × 50 mL)).

A somewhat disurbing fact is that the DOW Chemical Company, had not yet begun production of their ion exchange resins, Dowex - 3 500 million years ago.
...as far as I know.

This level of ignorance is staggering for a supposed chemist. Let me break it down for you:
The reaction consists of :
An aqueous solution of the aminooxazoline (0.049M), sodium dihydrogen phosphate
(0.049M 1 eq.), and cyanoacetylene 7 (0.49M, 10 eq.) at pH = 6.5 was stirred at r.t. for
16 h resulting in a pale yellow solution.


The preparation of the sample for analysis consists of:
The solution was lyophilised, and the residue
purified by ion-exchange chromatography (Dowex® 50W 4 × 400 H+-form cationexchange
resin (50 g), eluting with HClaq. in the following stepwise concentration
gradient: 0.5M (2 × 50 mL), 1.0M (2 × 50 mL), 1.5M (2 × 50 mL), 2.0M (2 × 50 mL),
2.5M (2 × 50 mL), 3.0M (2 × 50 mL), 4.0M (2 × 50 mL)).


You still need the pure product for the next step. How was it purified, then?

Do you have data that supports this postulate? IS it actually a requirement that the sample be pure?
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 12684
Age: 37
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#22  Postby rainbow » Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
The resins produced by DOW are artificial zeolites which most certainly do occur naturally. The idea being that they are generally contaminated, and therefore not useful for control purposes.

International Zeolite Association, Database of Zeolite Structures, http://www.iza-structure.org/databases

Zeolites naturally form where volcanic rocks and ash layers meet alkaline groundwater.

Are you going to object to the natural presence of these 3 500 million years ago?

Wrong.
Dowex 50W is based on crosslinked polystyrene, not zeolites.
We have no evidence of naturally occurring polystyrene based ion exchangers.
Kill the Wise One!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155419

"Það er ekki til betri tími en núna til að fresta"
User avatar
rainbow
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Señor Moderato
Posts: 6903

Mozambique (mz)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#23  Postby rainbow » Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Rumraket wrote:
Do you have data that supports this postulate? IS it actually a requirement that the sample be pure?

They used a pure product for their next step. They say so.
Therefore if the claim is made that the conditions were indeed PreBiotic, then the product must have been pure, or they were not PreBiotic conditions.
Kill the Wise One!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155419

"Það er ekki til betri tími en núna til að fresta"
User avatar
rainbow
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Señor Moderato
Posts: 6903

Mozambique (mz)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#24  Postby Rumraket » Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm

rainbow wrote:
Rumraket wrote:
Do you have data that supports this postulate? IS it actually a requirement that the sample be pure?

They used a pure product for their next step. They say so.
Therefore if the claim is made that the conditions were indeed PreBiotic, then the product must have been pure, or they were not PreBiotic conditions.


We don't have the full paper so we can't really speculate much on this. They may provide some reasoning in the paper for the assumption that a pure product is achieved. It may even be the case that the DOW machine mimics some naturally ocurring purification process, like the zeolites or clays or whatever. We need the full paper, we only have the methods, not the reasonings behind them.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 12684
Age: 37
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#25  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 14, 2010 2:41 pm

rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
The resins produced by DOW are artificial zeolites which most certainly do occur naturally. The idea being that they are generally contaminated, and therefore not useful for control purposes.

International Zeolite Association, Database of Zeolite Structures, http://www.iza-structure.org/databases

Zeolites naturally form where volcanic rocks and ash layers meet alkaline groundwater.

Are you going to object to the natural presence of these 3 500 million years ago?

Wrong.
Dowex 50W is based on crosslinked polystyrene, not zeolites.
We have no evidence of naturally occurring polystyrene based ion exchangers.


Did I say it was 'based on zeolites'? - no, quite clearly I didn't. I said that they are artificial zeolites, as in, they take the place of zeolites as natural zeolites are potentially contaminated.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#26  Postby rainbow » Apr 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
The resins produced by DOW are artificial zeolites which most certainly do occur naturally. The idea being that they are generally contaminated, and therefore not useful for control purposes.

International Zeolite Association, Database of Zeolite Structures, http://www.iza-structure.org/databases

Zeolites naturally form where volcanic rocks and ash layers meet alkaline groundwater.

Are you going to object to the natural presence of these 3 500 million years ago?

Wrong.
Dowex 50W is based on crosslinked polystyrene, not zeolites.
We have no evidence of naturally occurring polystyrene based ion exchangers.


Did I say it was 'based on zeolites'? - no, quite clearly I didn't. I said that they are artificial zeolites, as in, they take the place of zeolites as natural zeolites are potentially contaminated.

...not terribly 'pre-biotic' then.
Why would contamination be a problem?
Contamination with what exactly?
How did the Pre-Biotic world cope with contamination?

BTW How would the stepwise elution with increasing concentrations of hydrochloric acid have been achieved?
Kill the Wise One!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155419

"Það er ekki til betri tími en núna til að fresta"
User avatar
rainbow
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Señor Moderato
Posts: 6903

Mozambique (mz)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#27  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 14, 2010 3:08 pm

rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
The resins produced by DOW are artificial zeolites which most certainly do occur naturally. The idea being that they are generally contaminated, and therefore not useful for control purposes.

International Zeolite Association, Database of Zeolite Structures, http://www.iza-structure.org/databases

Zeolites naturally form where volcanic rocks and ash layers meet alkaline groundwater.

Are you going to object to the natural presence of these 3 500 million years ago?

Wrong.
Dowex 50W is based on crosslinked polystyrene, not zeolites.
We have no evidence of naturally occurring polystyrene based ion exchangers.


Did I say it was 'based on zeolites'? - no, quite clearly I didn't. I said that they are artificial zeolites, as in, they take the place of zeolites as natural zeolites are potentially contaminated.

...not terribly 'pre-biotic' then.
Why would contamination be a problem?
Contamination with what exactly?
How did the Pre-Biotic world cope with contamination?

BTW How would the stepwise elution with increasing concentrations of hydrochloric acid have been achieved?


:lol:

Haven't you even done basic science, Rainbow?

Contaminants could be all manner of things, that's why a control is needed to eliminate those contaminants.

No one remotely suggested that those contaminants are not natural, or that the prebiotic world lacked them, but rather that for a scientific experiment they add too many potential additional factors that could cause unusual outcomes.

This really is extremely basic science.

It affects the pre-biotic status not one jot.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#28  Postby rainbow » Apr 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
The resins produced by DOW are artificial zeolites which most certainly do occur naturally. The idea being that they are generally contaminated, and therefore not useful for control purposes.

International Zeolite Association, Database of Zeolite Structures, http://www.iza-structure.org/databases

Zeolites naturally form where volcanic rocks and ash layers meet alkaline groundwater.

Are you going to object to the natural presence of these 3 500 million years ago?

Wrong.
Dowex 50W is based on crosslinked polystyrene, not zeolites.
We have no evidence of naturally occurring polystyrene based ion exchangers.


Did I say it was 'based on zeolites'? - no, quite clearly I didn't. I said that they are artificial zeolites, as in, they take the place of zeolites as natural zeolites are potentially contaminated.

...not terribly 'pre-biotic' then.
Why would contamination be a problem?
Contamination with what exactly?
How did the Pre-Biotic world cope with contamination?

BTW How would the stepwise elution with increasing concentrations of hydrochloric acid have been achieved?


:lol:


I hope you realise that you're laughing at yourself.
:naughty2:

You can't really answer any of my questions, can you?

It is clear that these conditions are so far from "PreBiotic" conditions as to be fairly labelled as Implausible.

That said, I think it's a great piece of work in Synthetic Chemistry.
Kill the Wise One!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155419

"Það er ekki til betri tími en núna til að fresta"
User avatar
rainbow
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Señor Moderato
Posts: 6903

Mozambique (mz)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#29  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 14, 2010 3:20 pm

rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

:lol:


I hope you realise that you're laughing at yourself.
:naughty2:

You can't really answer any of my questions, can you?

It is clear that these conditions are so far from "PreBiotic" conditions as to be fairly labelled as Implausible.

That said, I think it's a great piece of work in Synthetic Chemistry.



You elided the rest of my response


Spearthrower wrote:Haven't you even done basic science, Rainbow?

Contaminants could be all manner of things, that's why a control is needed to eliminate those contaminants.

No one remotely suggested that those contaminants are not natural, or that the prebiotic world lacked them, but rather that for a scientific experiment they add too many potential additional factors that could cause unusual outcomes.

This really is extremely basic science.

It affects the pre-biotic status not one jot.



just to quote my smiley. In layman's terms: you blatantly evaded the rebuttal of your earlier blathering.


Qualified scientists and a major peer reviewed scientific journal disagree with you.

Now I wonder who to believe?
Last edited by Spearthrower on Apr 14, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#30  Postby Rumraket » Apr 14, 2010 3:21 pm

rainbow wrote:I hope you realise that you're laughing at yourself.
:naughty2:

You can't really answer any of my questions, can you?

It is clear that these conditions are so far from "PreBiotic" conditions as to be fairly labelled as Implausible.

That said, I think it's a great piece of work in Synthetic Chemistry.

bzzzzz premature ejaculation of the highest order. Will you be writing the authors of the paper informing them of their errors?
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 12684
Age: 37
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#31  Postby rainbow » Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

Qualified scientists and a major peer reviewed scientific journal disagree with you.

Now I wonder who to believe?

Oh Dear, falling back onto your Appeal to Authority fallacy?

Now here's a fascinating bit:
General procedure for the preparative synthesis of cytidine nucleosides by hydrolysis
of anhydronucleosides as exemplified by the synthesis of α-D-ribocytidine 36

D-Ribofuranosyl-2,2'-anhydrocytidine hydrochloride 35 (500 mg, 1.91 mmol) was
dissolved in H2O (10 mL), and Dowex® 100 × 8 HO–-form anion-exchange resin (2
g) was added. The resultant suspension was stirred for 4 h whilst monitoring UV
absorbance. On completion of reaction, the suspension was filtered, and the filtrate
lyophilised to give α-D-ribocytidine 36 (460 mg, 98%) as a white powder.


More Dowex, this time an anionic type. Where would anionic resins come from on the PreBiotic Earth?
Don't try the Zeolite excuse here, as they are cationic.
Kill the Wise One!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155419

"Það er ekki til betri tími en núna til að fresta"
User avatar
rainbow
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Señor Moderato
Posts: 6903

Mozambique (mz)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#32  Postby Rumraket » Apr 14, 2010 3:31 pm

rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Qualified scientists and a major peer reviewed scientific journal disagree with you.

Now I wonder who to believe?

Oh Dear, falling back onto your Appeal to Authority fallacy?

Now here's a fascinating bit:
General procedure for the preparative synthesis of cytidine nucleosides by hydrolysis
of anhydronucleosides as exemplified by the synthesis of α-D-ribocytidine 36

D-Ribofuranosyl-2,2'-anhydrocytidine hydrochloride 35 (500 mg, 1.91 mmol) was
dissolved in H2O (10 mL), and Dowex® 100 × 8 HO–-form anion-exchange resin (2
g) was added. The resultant suspension was stirred for 4 h whilst monitoring UV
absorbance. On completion of reaction, the suspension was filtered, and the filtrate
lyophilised to give α-D-ribocytidine 36 (460 mg, 98%) as a white powder.


More Dowex, this time an anionic type. Where would anionic resins come from on the PreBiotic Earth?
Don't try the Zeolite excuse here, as they are cationic.

Why don't you email the author with your questions? No seriously, why don't you?
Correspondence to: John D. Sutherland1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to J.D.S. (Email: john.sutherland@manchester.ac.uk).
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 12684
Age: 37
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#33  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 14, 2010 3:38 pm

rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Qualified scientists and a major peer reviewed scientific journal disagree with you.

Now I wonder who to believe?

Oh Dear, falling back onto your Appeal to Authority fallacy?


No, just giving credit where it's due - some people have a clue, some people don't.

And I already told you that it is not necessarily a fallacy, but then you aren't interested in what other people say, are you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

On the other hand, arguments from authority are an important part of informal logic. Since we cannot have expert knowledge of many subjects, we often rely on the judgments of those who do. There is no fallacy involved in simply arguing that the assertion made by an authority is true. The fallacy only arises when it is claimed or implied that the authority is infallible in principle and can hence be exempted from criticism.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#34  Postby rainbow » Apr 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Rumraket wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Qualified scientists and a major peer reviewed scientific journal disagree with you.

Now I wonder who to believe?

Oh Dear, falling back onto your Appeal to Authority fallacy?

Now here's a fascinating bit:
General procedure for the preparative synthesis of cytidine nucleosides by hydrolysis
of anhydronucleosides as exemplified by the synthesis of α-D-ribocytidine 36

D-Ribofuranosyl-2,2'-anhydrocytidine hydrochloride 35 (500 mg, 1.91 mmol) was
dissolved in H2O (10 mL), and Dowex® 100 × 8 HO–-form anion-exchange resin (2
g) was added. The resultant suspension was stirred for 4 h whilst monitoring UV
absorbance. On completion of reaction, the suspension was filtered, and the filtrate
lyophilised to give α-D-ribocytidine 36 (460 mg, 98%) as a white powder.


More Dowex, this time an anionic type. Where would anionic resins come from on the PreBiotic Earth?
Don't try the Zeolite excuse here, as they are cationic.

Why don't you email the author with your questions? No seriously, why don't you?
Correspondence to: John D. Sutherland1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to J.D.S. (Email: john.sutherland@manchester.ac.uk).

Maybe I will.
In the meantime, perhaps I've shown that "prebiotically plausible" isn't quite what you had imagined?
Kill the Wise One!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155419

"Það er ekki til betri tími en núna til að fresta"
User avatar
rainbow
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Señor Moderato
Posts: 6903

Mozambique (mz)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#35  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Rumraket wrote:Why don't you email the author with your questions? No seriously, why don't you?
Correspondence to: John D. Sutherland1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to J.D.S. (Email: john.sutherland@manchester.ac.uk).


I might write to him and ask him if he can spare 5 minutes to come and deal with this horseshit.... then again, he's probably too busy conducting real science and discovering amazingly important things, as seen by the high level of citation, to worry about dealing with such an incompetent argument.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#36  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

rainbow wrote:
Maybe I will.
In the meantime, perhaps I've shown that "prebiotically plausible" isn't quite what you had imagined?


No, you've just shown that you think assertions are a replacement for evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_%28journal%29

Nature is a prominent British scientific journal, first published on 4 November 1869. It is the world's most highly cited interdisciplinary science journal[1].


But Rainbow knows better.

Remind us where you are published again, Rainbow.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#37  Postby rainbow » Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Why don't you email the author with your questions? No seriously, why don't you?
Correspondence to: John D. Sutherland1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to J.D.S. (Email: john.sutherland@manchester.ac.uk).


I might write to him and ask him if he can spare 5 minutes to come and deal with this horseshit.... then again, he's probably too busy conducting real science and discovering amazingly important things, as seen by the high level of citation, to worry about dealing with such an incompetent argument.

I'd welcome it.
Kill the Wise One!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155419

"Það er ekki til betri tími en núna til að fresta"
User avatar
rainbow
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Señor Moderato
Posts: 6903

Mozambique (mz)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#38  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 14, 2010 3:44 pm

rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Why don't you email the author with your questions? No seriously, why don't you?
Correspondence to: John D. Sutherland1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to J.D.S. (Email: john.sutherland@manchester.ac.uk).


I might write to him and ask him if he can spare 5 minutes to come and deal with this horseshit.... then again, he's probably too busy conducting real science and discovering amazingly important things, as seen by the high level of citation, to worry about dealing with such an incompetent argument.

I'd welcome it.



I am sure it would look better on your C.V. than his, but I would guess he doesn't have time to teach basic science to every detractor.
Last edited by Spearthrower on Apr 14, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#39  Postby Rumraket » Apr 14, 2010 3:44 pm

rainbow wrote:
Rumraket wrote:
rainbow wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Qualified scientists and a major peer reviewed scientific journal disagree with you.

Now I wonder who to believe?

Oh Dear, falling back onto your Appeal to Authority fallacy?

Now here's a fascinating bit:
General procedure for the preparative synthesis of cytidine nucleosides by hydrolysis
of anhydronucleosides as exemplified by the synthesis of α-D-ribocytidine 36

D-Ribofuranosyl-2,2'-anhydrocytidine hydrochloride 35 (500 mg, 1.91 mmol) was
dissolved in H2O (10 mL), and Dowex® 100 × 8 HO–-form anion-exchange resin (2
g) was added. The resultant suspension was stirred for 4 h whilst monitoring UV
absorbance. On completion of reaction, the suspension was filtered, and the filtrate
lyophilised to give α-D-ribocytidine 36 (460 mg, 98%) as a white powder.


More Dowex, this time an anionic type. Where would anionic resins come from on the PreBiotic Earth?
Don't try the Zeolite excuse here, as they are cationic.

Why don't you email the author with your questions? No seriously, why don't you?
Correspondence to: John D. Sutherland1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to J.D.S. (Email: john.sutherland@manchester.ac.uk).

Maybe I will.
In the meantime, perhaps I've shown that "Feasible PreBiotic" isn't quite what you had imagined?

Well no you haven't. I can provide a number of possible answers for your questions. But since I don't have access to the full paper, I can't tell you if they coincide with the authors, and so I don't wish to hinge my arguments on them.
The best you can do is to say that you have your critisicm, but that you need to fly these past the actual author and await his answers.
The peer review process is obviously not impeccable, but It is entirely possible that there are answers to your questions. I suspect they are with relevance to sample-preparation for analysis. I get the distinct impression from what little reasonings are provided in the methods provided, that the authors are employing a number of steps in the process in order to analyze and understand all the intermediate steps in the reaction, not to "direct" and "purify" it. I could be wrong of course, and I will have to see if the author can answer your questions, if you write him.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 12684
Age: 37
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

Re: The Sutherland Synthesis - Plausible?

#40  Postby rainbow » Apr 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Remind us where you are published again, Rainbow.

I haven't told you which papers I've written and co-authored. Nor will I.
My credentials are not the topic of discussion, and I'll thank you to avoid this kind of personalisation in future.
Kill the Wise One!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155419

"Það er ekki til betri tími en núna til að fresta"
User avatar
rainbow
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Señor Moderato
Posts: 6903

Mozambique (mz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Chemistry

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest