666 Tattoos for Je$u$

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86, Matt8819, amok

666 Tattoos for Je$u$

#1  Postby DoctorE » May 02, 2012 11:10 am

ST. CATHARINES, ONT. — Doris Rosado watches her teenage daughters, Ninette and Kiara Mongrut, get the numbers “666” tattooed on their wrists, beaming with pride. The number typically conjures up biblical symbolism tied to the Antichrist, but this St. Catharines, Ont., family belongs to a obscure Christian sect for which “666” is a positive symbol of their group’s messianic leader.

“They wanted to do it,” Ms. Rosado, 45, said at the St. Catharines tattoo parlour where her daughters were inked. “But now it’s more important because we’re counting down… I’m so proud.”

For this family, and other members of Growing in Grace International, these tattoos are a way of demonstrating their faith as true believers of Jose de Luis de Jesus — who they fervently believe is the second coming of Jesus Christ — before a day of reckoning they believe will wipe out most of humanity.

The group, which they say has branches in five Canadian cities and members in more than 130 countries, believes that on June 30 (or July 1 across the international dateline), their Texas-based leader and his followers will be transformed, said Alex Poessy, the group’s bishop in Canada.

To spread the word, Growing in Grace put up billboards in Toronto this week featuring Mr. de Jesus.

“That day, the body of Jose de Luis de Jesus, who is a human like you and me, his flesh is going to be immortal…. He’s going to be living forever. And that will happen to him, but also his followers.”

Continues: http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/05/01 ... formation/
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: 666 Tattoos for Je$u$

#2  Postby Alan B » May 02, 2012 11:23 am

Oh, dear. Another bunch of 'Doomsday Loons'.
Just like that Harold Camping nutjob.

Now, if those poor gullible brainwashed children hold their wrists up to look at the tattoo or turn their wrists away from themselves so that others can see, it will read '999'...

Notwithstanding the argument that '666' should really be '616'... 666 or 616

Fools!

I suppose it's 'Watch this Space' for June 30th (or July 1st).
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Jumbo » May 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Jose de Luis de Jesus might like them but according to their magic book god does not:

Leviticus 19:28
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.
The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm

1. Write down the problem.
2. Think very hard.
3. Write down the answer.
Jumbo

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Varangian » May 02, 2012 12:37 pm

A bit less controversial - but also a bit less accurate - than tattooing "IDIOT" on the forehead.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Sovereign » May 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Are they giving away their belongings and money yet?
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby MacIver » May 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Didn't Bill Mayer interview this Jesus in Religulous?
Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

- Charlie Chaplin
MacIver

Name: Mr MacIver
Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity