Aquinas: Masturbation is worse than rape

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Aquinas: Masturbation is worse than rape

#61  Postby archibald » Nov 01, 2013 1:13 am

In wouldn't rule out that he invented cornflakes for nutritional/business reasons, and then, after having a bowl in bed one morning (probably brought to him by his dutiful wife no doubt) he spilled some, being not fully awake, then fell asleep, had a dirty dream, woke up with some cornflakes stuck to his hand by dried milk, and decided to, er, partake of some self love, and inadvertently noticed.......
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
archibald

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby John Platko » Nov 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Moses de la Montagne wrote:
DougC wrote:The inventor of cornflakes, John Harvey Kellogg and his Battle Creek Sanitarium where paradied in the novel and film The Road to Wellville. I dont know if they where thought to prevent self abuse/(love?). He was a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, but was later seen by the church as holding pantheist views.

Good catch. The Road to Wellville is a fun book. I wouldn't be surprised, actually, if there was some bizarre connection between the cereal and masturbation. Kellogg was fanatical about daily enemas, and equally as strident in combating onanism. I believe he advocated the circumcision of adult males in severe cases. Ouch! The johnsons of the Shechemites, according to the bible, were still painfully sore even three days after their circumcision—so much so that they were all sitting ducks when the Israelites came to kill them.

:ill:

Kellogg was a fan of slicing off female body parts too!
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#63  Postby John Platko » Nov 01, 2013 2:23 pm

reisender wrote:Well fuck me, the name of my high school was St.Thomas Aquinas. I knew nothing of the guy throughout school, didn't care.
I wish I had been more vocal back then in my distaste for religion.

One of the more memorable classroom moments was where the religion teacher tried to tell us that masturbation was wrong. We were all in FULL denial that anyone masturbated and had anyone found out that you masturbated, you would have been ostracised. However, we couldn't all help laughing at teacher talking about "selfishness" and "not sharing your love" while talking about wanking.

One of my more memorable HS moments was when Father Schuster told us that all sex must end in "the natural way" - always. At the time, I had no idea then that his ideas about sex came from TA's attempts to use Aristotle's ideas to know what was "natural". And when you dig into the underpinnings of all of their ideas and find the weakest of reasoning it's disturbing. Even more disturbing is that there is a powerful group breathing new life into this nonsensical way of thinking.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#64  Postby proudfootz » Nov 01, 2013 4:48 pm

John Platko wrote:
reisender wrote:Well fuck me, the name of my high school was St.Thomas Aquinas. I knew nothing of the guy throughout school, didn't care.
I wish I had been more vocal back then in my distaste for religion.

One of the more memorable classroom moments was where the religion teacher tried to tell us that masturbation was wrong. We were all in FULL denial that anyone masturbated and had anyone found out that you masturbated, you would have been ostracised. However, we couldn't all help laughing at teacher talking about "selfishness" and "not sharing your love" while talking about wanking.

One of my more memorable HS moments was when Father Schuster told us that all sex must end in "the natural way" - always. At the time, I had no idea then that his ideas about sex came from TA's attempts to use Aristotle's ideas to know what was "natural". And when you dig into the underpinnings of all of their ideas and find the weakest of reasoning it's disturbing. Even more disturbing is that there is a powerful group breathing new life into this nonsensical way of thinking.

I think the natural way for sex to end is notice I'm hungry and wonder what's on telly.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#65  Postby surreptitious57 » Nov 02, 2013 7:49 am

reisender wrote:
we could not all help laughing at teacher talking about selfishness and not sharing your love while talking about wanking

Circle jerks are the solution to that one. More than two but less than six. And preferably in the woods
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#66  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 02, 2013 8:23 am

proudfootz wrote:I think the natural way for sex to end is notice I'm hungry and wonder what's on telly.

You are such an old romantic. :lol:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#67  Postby mindhack » Nov 02, 2013 9:39 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
reisender wrote:
we could not all help laughing at teacher talking about selfishness and not sharing your love while talking about wanking

Circle jerks are the solution to that one. More than two but less than six. And preferably in the woods

:lol:
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity