Ashes must be Stored in a Vatican Approved Place

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Ashes must be Stored in a Vatican Approved Place

#21  Postby Alan B » Oct 26, 2016 6:18 pm

And those buried at sea?

Sent from my PSP5508DUO using Tapatalk
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#22  Postby laklak » Oct 26, 2016 7:20 pm

They rest in the sweet arms of Poseidon, of course. I pour a small libation in his honor every time I get on the boat. Can't hurt, eh?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#23  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 26, 2016 9:58 pm

laklak wrote:They rest in the sweet arms of Poseidon, of course. I pour a small libation in his honor every time I get on the boat. Can't hurt, eh?

Worked for Pascal.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Sendraks » Oct 27, 2016 9:45 am

Fenrir wrote:Have the catholics ever been progressive? About anything?

In a competitive market place, brand identity is everything and you want your consumers to reinforce that. I can understand the Catholic church setting down clear markers about what is Catholicism and what isn't, otherwise they'll just be indistinguishable from everything else and that leads to the flock straying. "Why be catholic, when I can get the same benefits with the Anglicans?" The Catholic Church is saying that a) their way is the only way to get said benefits and b) their way is specific in these respects.

Plus, as others have said, if you get to charge your flock for internments and all that jazz, you've got yourself a nice little earner but also send a clear message that yours is the "premium" way that delivers. The cheaper options just don't get you the same results.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#25  Postby Blackadder » Oct 27, 2016 11:00 am

Sendraks wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Have the catholics ever been progressive? About anything?

In a competitive market place, brand identity is everything and you want your consumers to reinforce that. I can understand the Catholic church setting down clear markers about what is Catholicism and what isn't, otherwise they'll just be indistinguishable from everything else and that leads to the flock straying. "Why be catholic, when I can get the same benefits with the Anglicans?" The Catholic Church is saying that a) their way is the only way to get said benefits and b) their way is specific in these respects.

Plus, as others have said, if you get to charge your flock for internments and all that jazz, you've got yourself a nice little earner but also send a clear message that yours is the "premium" way that delivers. The cheaper options just don't get you the same results.

:this:

There's a saying in conservative circles: "The people like the smack of firm government". I think there's a similar feeling among the followers of the RCC (muslims too). A feeling like, if this guy made the entire universe, he's not some lovey-dovey cosmic hippy. He's going to be one big, scary, arrogant, dangerous bastard and we'd better bow and scrape and live in fear of him. It's like abuse victims locked in an endless cycle of emotional dependency on their abuser. The RCC has figured out how to abuse its victims AND charge them for the privilege. It's the most brilliant criminal business model ever invented. The Mafia are amateurs next to this lot.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby NineBerry » Oct 27, 2016 4:29 pm

It's like Trump
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#27  Postby Zwaarddijk » Oct 28, 2016 9:57 am

Fenrir wrote:They only lifted the ban on cremation in 1963. They are just trying to keep their grubby fingers on people's lives.

One grudging backward step at a time.

Have the catholics ever been progressive? About anything?

Supporting the abolishment of 'trial by combat' and 'trial by ordeal' - which were the pre-Christian systems of determining who was wrong - in most of Europe should count for something, no?
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Blackadder » Oct 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Zwaarddijk wrote:
Fenrir wrote:They only lifted the ban on cremation in 1963. They are just trying to keep their grubby fingers on people's lives.

One grudging backward step at a time.

Have the catholics ever been progressive? About anything?

Supporting the abolishment of 'trial by combat' and 'trial by ordeal' - which were the pre-Christian systems of determining who was wrong - in most of Europe should count for something, no?

Yes indeed. Replacing them with the Inquisition wasn't quite so fluffy and beautiful.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity