Beat the Gay Out of Your Child

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86, Matt8819, amok

Beat the Gay Out of Your Child

#1  Postby DoctorE » May 02, 2012 7:45 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEDjC4U81sc[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Beat the Gay Out of Your Child

#2  Postby Zwaarddijk » May 02, 2012 10:35 am

"a special dispensation" - who the hell does he think he is?
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#3  Postby willhud9 » May 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Ugh, what a pompous pastor. If my pastor spoke like that I would have left the church.

Edit to add:

Ugh, the Bible instructs Christians to discipline their children. It does not give them permission to use said discipline to try to change their children's sexuality. Sexuality, especially between the ages of 12-17, is a very tender thing and using physical discipline because your child is not acting in accordance to tradition (i.e. your son is not being a "man" or your daughter is not being "a woman") can have long term negative effects on the psychology of that child. Either they will be completely reclusive about their sexuality or the reverse in an effort to shrug off parental discipline they will become sexually promiscuous. Also I think 1 Corinthians 11:13-16 has something to say about this:

"Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 1Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her as a covering. But if anyone wants to argue about this, we have no other custom, nor do the churches of God."

If a child breaks tradition and you punish that child because it went against tradition, you are putting more faith in the tradition than you are putting in God. Breaking tradition does not equal sin.
Last edited by willhud9 on May 02, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well sweet Mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, you sound like a majestic fucking eagle." ~Instructor Shadis
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Lizard_King » May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Can we beat the Hateful Fucktard out of him? I'd volunteer...
"Yet again it is demonstrated that monotheistic religion is a plagiarism of a plagiarism of a hearsay of a hearsay, of an illusion of an illusion, extending all the way back to a fabrication of a few nonevents."
- Christopher Hitchens
Lizard_King

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#5  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Sounds like he wishes his dad had been rough with him when his wrist started to go limp.

"Oh please, punish me daddy, I'll be a good heterosexual boy!" :pray:
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Sovereign » May 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Zwaarddijk wrote:"a special dispensation" - who the hell does he think he is?

That's more common in Evangelical churches than you would think. I've heard many a variation on that theme.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby willhud9 » May 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Sovereign wrote:

That's more common in Evangelical churches than you would think. I've heard many a variation on that theme.

I've used it as a jest. "You guys have my permission to do what I just told you to do." But this guy was sounding serious.
"Well sweet Mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, you sound like a majestic fucking eagle." ~Instructor Shadis
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Sovereign » May 02, 2012 4:33 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Sovereign wrote:

I've used it as a jest. "You guys have my permission to do what I just told you to do." But this guy was sounding serious.

Ya he was serious. When I heard that theme used, most of the preachers specifically stated they were giving the congregation a special dispensation from God through his Holy Spirit etc etc or some phrase to that effect. It highlights the dominance pastors have over their congregation.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby petwo » May 02, 2012 4:35 pm

At the end did anyone notice the "On Knees for Jesus" graphic. WTF? That illustration would make a Catholic priest proud.
I swear I'm an atheist not because I don't believe in God but because I don't believe the people who do.
petwo

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10  Postby NamelessFaceless » May 02, 2012 4:47 pm

I was hoping this was a Poe, but I don't think so. That church appears to have a real website. It's sickening.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Shrunk » May 02, 2012 5:26 pm

petwo wrote:At the end did anyone notice the "On Knees for Jesus" graphic. WTF? That illustration would make a Catholic priest proud.

"On Knees for Jesus" is an anti-religion channel. Its slogan should give you a clue:

My life is all about getting on my knees and faithfully servicing Jesus until He comes.

That said, most of its videos are genuine.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Zwaarddijk » May 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Sovereign wrote:

Yeah, I have heard one preacher say something along those lines, but it's not very common here. He's in a rather American-influenced group, though. It's quite the arrogant claim to make, though.
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#13  Postby petwo » May 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Shrunk wrote:"On Knees for Jesus" is an anti-religion channel. Its slogan should give you a clue:

My life is all about getting on my knees and faithfully servicing Jesus until He comes.

That said, most of its videos are genuine.

Thanks man. Never knew. I checked it out...very cool...must be one of Dr E's favorite campsites.
I swear I'm an atheist not because I don't believe in God but because I don't believe the people who do.
petwo

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#14  Postby DoctorE » May 02, 2012 6:46 pm

He was joking...
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- A North Carolina pastor says he was joking when he told parents to punch their sons if they show any signs they are gay.

The Fayetteville Observer reports (http://bit.ly/IUR8m2) pastor Sean Harris was preaching at Berean Baptist Church about marriage before next week's vote on a state constitutional amendment.

It would make marriage between a man and a woman the only legal domestic union in the state.

Harris says he does not advocate hitting children and wishes he could take back the remarks.

He says he stands by his belief that "the word of God makes it clear that effeminate behavior is ungodly."

Gay marriage is already illegal and amendment opponents argue its language is unclear and could have wider consequences.

Source: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/02/446011 ... punch.html
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Emmeline » May 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Isn't religion wonderful - can't you just feel the love, the humility, the care of fellow humans - and if we're called out on our backward, aggressive prejudices - we're just joking folks! :roll:
Emmeline

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby NamelessFaceless » May 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Given an opportunity to rephrase his remarks, Harris said "that would be a lengthy conversation. I don't know I could say anything you could capture in five words."

:roll: I'm sure he's very, very sorry . . .
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby NamelessFaceless » May 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Anyone taking odds on how long it will be before this guy is outed as a homosexual?
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Tbickle » May 02, 2012 7:00 pm

DoctorE wrote:He was joking...
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- A North Carolina pastor says he was joking when he told parents to punch their sons if they show any signs they are gay.

Yeah, he's fucking hysterical. :lol: :nono:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
-Thomas Paine
Tbickle

Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Print view this post

#19  Postby NamelessFaceless » May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Here's the whole sermon:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rROFJyeSp6I[/youtube]
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post