Bible Contradictions?

Skeptical Challenge

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Bible Contradictions?

#361  Postby Agrippina » Jun 05, 2015 7:36 am

Yes I started watching Exodus yesterday. That was exactly my thought, after seeing the Noah movie, and all the fillers they put in there, this one is also riddled with them.
Illegitimi non carborundum
User avatar
Agrippina
 
Posts: 36689
Age: 109
Female

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Bible Contradictions?

#362  Postby monkeyboy » Jun 05, 2015 7:46 am

Haven't seen Exodus yet. I won't pay a penny to watch it and nobody I know will watch these films with me. Apparently me spitting drinks out laughing at strange parts of films is "weird and just ..... weird".
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
User avatar
monkeyboy
 
Posts: 5472
Male

Country: England
England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Bible Contradictions?

#363  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 05, 2015 9:18 am

Agrippina wrote:Yes I started watching Exodus yesterday. That was exactly my thought, after seeing the Noah movie, and all the fillers they put in there, this one is also riddled with them.


The one based on Leon Uris's book?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Bible Contradictions?

#364  Postby Agrippina » Jun 05, 2015 9:33 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Agrippina wrote:Yes I started watching Exodus yesterday. That was exactly my thought, after seeing the Noah movie, and all the fillers they put in there, this one is also riddled with them.


The one based on Leon Uris's book?


I don't know. I can't remember the details of that book. This one is called Exodus: Gods and Kings. Christian Bale is better to look at than Charlton Heston, which is the only reason I'm watching it. I tend to get irritated when movies don't follow the book.
Illegitimi non carborundum
User avatar
Agrippina
 
Posts: 36689
Age: 109
Female

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Re: Bible Contradictions?

#365  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 05, 2015 9:40 am

Agrippina wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Agrippina wrote:Yes I started watching Exodus yesterday. That was exactly my thought, after seeing the Noah movie, and all the fillers they put in there, this one is also riddled with them.


The one based on Leon Uris's book?


I don't know. I can't remember the details of that book. This one is called Exodus: Gods and Kings. Christian Bale is better to look at than Charlton Heston, which is the only reason I'm watching it. I tend to get irritated when movies don't follow the book.


That was about the establishment of Israel after WW2. The book was very long. The film only used a couple of chapters and was bollocks and so was the book. A very thick paper back with tiny print.

Image
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Bible Contradictions?

#366  Postby Agrippina » Jun 05, 2015 11:12 am

OK yes, now I remember the story. I have it somewhere. A better book to read is James Michener's The Source. It's not religious just a story of the Near East from the first humans till the current era. I've read it a couple of times.
Illegitimi non carborundum
User avatar
Agrippina
 
Posts: 36689
Age: 109
Female

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest