Help finding a Bible quote

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Help finding a Bible quote

#1  Postby Fat Ronnie » Aug 21, 2017 5:35 am

I was hoping someone here would know where to find the bible passage wherein one of the disciples asks Jeebers if he would like him to be his wife for the night. Google seems to be amazingly unhelpful on this topic.

Thanks.
The cure for aids could be written in the Forum Users' Agreement...it's sad that we'll never know.
Fat Ronnie

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Help finding a Bible quote

#2  Postby NineBerry » Aug 21, 2017 5:57 am

I beg your pardon?
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby Fat Ronnie » Aug 21, 2017 6:04 am

Yeah, I heard about this years ago, but now my boss is writing an article and would like to be able to quote chapter and verse.

Maybe it isn't true, but if it is I'd love to know.
The cure for aids could be written in the Forum Users' Agreement...it's sad that we'll never know.
Fat Ronnie

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Zadocfish2 » Aug 21, 2017 6:09 am

Yeah, that didn't really happen in the Bible. Maybe in one of the non-canon books that are floating around? Not in the main gospels. I've read them all, and believe me, I'd have remembered something like that. There is not a single verse in the entire Bible for which you can google the general contents and come up with no results; it's just too well-known and widely studied. You're having trouble finding it for the same reason you'd have trouble finding video proof of, say, Eddie Murphy's secret double life as a white man in suburbia. You can't find it because it doesn't exist.
User formerly known as Falconjudge.

I am a Christian.
Zadocfish2

Name: Justin
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Fat Ronnie » Aug 21, 2017 6:22 am

How sad. Such a quote would have livened up the article no end. Thanks anyway.
Fat Ronnie

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Leucius Charinus » Aug 22, 2017 3:42 am

It could be the Second Apocalypse of James:

And Jesus kissed my mouth. He took hold of me saying, 'My beloved! Behold, I shall reveal to you those things that the heavens nor the angels have known. Behold, I shall reveal to you everything, my beloved. Behold, I shall reveal to you what is hidden. But now, stretch out your hand. Now, take hold of me'

Alternatively it might be the reconstruction of "Secret MarK" according to the Mar Saba letter"

Originally before Mark 10 34

And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

There follows this Insertion as described by Clement in the letter

And Jesus, being angered, went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightaway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb, they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do, and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan

[Clement, the Letter to Theodore]

After this insertion there follows ... Mark 10 34 35 36 etc

Mar 10:35 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire.

Mar 10:36 And he said unto them, What would ye that I should do for you?

Mar 10:37 They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.
"It is, I think, expedient to set forth to all mankind the reasons by which I was convinced that
the fabrication of the Christians is a fiction of men composed by wickedness. "

Emperor Julian (362 CE)
Leucius Charinus

Print view this post

Return to Christianity