If heaven and hell are real.

Then what is the meaning of life?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: If heaven and hell are real.

#21  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 22, 2017 4:08 am

As stated before, God doesn't want to see his creations suffer, he's like a parent, blah blah blah. The criteria is what will be a challenge to you, and what adversity God knows you can face and succeed. God will never send you a challenge over which you cannot triumph.

Which would be why suicide is a thing some people do when they've had enough of not triumphing.

SafeAsMilk wrote:
laklak wrote:The only possible answer is this God bloke is a right cunt.

Ayup.

Damn right.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby willhud9 » Sep 22, 2017 5:55 am

From a biblical perspective, the idea of going to heaven wasn't the point of living. In fact, throughout the New Testament the idea that God's Kingdom would come to earth is a central focus. When I walked the Christian walk the point of living was to be a herald for the new Kingdom. To be a light upon the world and to be the salt of the earth. My goal wasn't to convert, or preach, but to live in accordance with the fruit of the holy spirit (Galatians 5). The focus was not on getting to heaven, but rather saying that through Jesus a new Kingdom has come and we need to live in it.

NT Wright's books and theologies kind of influenced my views on that matter heavily to be honest.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 22, 2017 9:12 am

monkeyboy wrote:

As stated before, God doesn't want to see his creations suffer, he's like a parent, blah blah blah. The criteria is what will be a challenge to you, and what adversity God knows you can face and succeed. God will never send you a challenge over which you cannot triumph.

Which would be why suicide is a thing some people do when they've had enough of not triumphing.

I'd rather not argue this one, but suffice to say if you believe that God's challenges are proportional to your ability to overcome them, then the response is obvious.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity