Jesus killed children

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86, Matt8819, amok

Jesus killed children

#1  Postby Arcanyn » Jan 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Jesus said that to follow him, we must become like children. But Jesus killed children. From the Infancy Gospel of Thomas:

Once again he was going through the village, and a child who was running banged into his shoulder. Jesus was angered and said to him, "You shall go no further on your way.". And immediately the child fell down dead.

There are many similar instances where the young Jesus impulsively kills those who irritate him.

Jesus thought being the son of the creator god meant he had the right to kill children randomly. If you annoy him, he will kill you.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Jesus killed children

#2  Postby james1v » Jan 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Nice.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby trubble76 » Jan 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Interesting, I'm just going to borrow this for another thread. Thanks.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby DoctorE » Jan 03, 2012 3:56 pm

But the child went to heven/hell... didn't really die eh
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#5  Postby chairman bill » Jan 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Did Jesus eat the child? No. But evil atheists would have done. Therefore God.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Sovereign » Jan 03, 2012 5:31 pm

I need to read that book.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Animavore » Jan 03, 2012 5:43 pm

I heard about this a few years ago on Newstalk (Irish talk radio). Some guy was on talking about gnostic and other gospels and this came up. Don't know why it never occured to me to mention it before. Just never came up.
With regard to heretics two points must be observed (heretic and Church).. On their own side there is the sin, whereby they deserve not only to be separated from the Church by excommunication, but also to be severed from the world by death.

- Aquinas.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Zwaarddijk » Jan 04, 2012 10:25 am

The earliest infancy gospel was from ~150CE. If you read them critically, you'll find they're even more fantastic than the usual gospels, with such beyond obvious exaggerations that taking them even remotely serious as a source of anything historical whatsoever isn't just a little naive. Some of them do tell us about developments within Christianity, and the spread of some doctrines in early Christianity can probably be linked to some of these gospels.
Zwaarddijk
Suspended User

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#9  Postby GakuseiDon » Jan 04, 2012 11:16 am

Not just children. From the "Arabic Gospel of the Infancy of the Saviour", a 6th C work:
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0806.htm

Then the son of Hanan came up to the fish-pond of Jesus also, and kicked it with his shoes, and the water of it vanished away. And the Lord Jesus said to him: As that water has vanished away, so your life shall likewise vanish away. And immediately that boy dried up.

At another time, when the Lord Jesus was returning home with Joseph in the evening, He met a boy, who ran up against Him with so much force that He fell. And the Lord Jesus said to him: As you have thrown me down, so you shall fall and not rise again. And the same hour the boy fell down, and expired...

Thereafter they took Him to another and a more learned master... And when the master hereupon raised his hand and flogged Him, immediately his hand dried up, and he died. Then said Joseph, to the Lady Mary: From this time we shall not let him go out of the house, since every one who opposes him is struck dead.
If Acharya S has seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of Pygmies. "The Pygmy Christ was born of a virgin, died for the salvation of his people, arose from the dead, and finally ascended to heaven." -- Acharya S
GakuseiDon

Print view this post

#10  Postby The_Piper » Jan 04, 2012 11:44 am

:rofl: :rofl:

Jesus was a rage killer!
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
Ants, pigeons, elephants, and grizzly bears. And lots of cute woodchucks!
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
From New Dehli to New Jersey. Old Jersey and regular Dehli might be on there too.
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby paarsurrey » Jan 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Arcanyn wrote:Jesus said that to follow him, we must become like children. But Jesus killed children. From the Infancy Gospel of Thomas:

Once again he was going through the village, and a child who was running banged into his shoulder. Jesus was angered and said to him, "You shall go no further on your way.". And immediately the child fell down dead.

There are many similar instances where the young Jesus impulsively kills those who irritate him.

Jesus thought being the son of the creator god meant he had the right to kill children randomly. If you annoy him, he will kill you.

Jesus killed no-body; it is the scribes writing a fiction
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim
http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/
We believe:
• Quran- authored by the Creator God; 100% accurate if correctly interpreted
• Sunnah-always existed with Quran; it derives its accuracy from Quran.
• Hadith- accurate only if it does not differ with Quran.
paarsurrey
Banned User

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Zwaarddijk » Jan 04, 2012 12:50 pm

paarsurrey wrote:
Arcanyn wrote:Jesus said that to follow him, we must become like children. But Jesus killed children. From the Infancy Gospel of Thomas:

Do tell what scribes those were?
Zwaarddijk
Suspended User

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#13  Postby paarsurrey » Jan 04, 2012 1:17 pm

A scribe is a person who writes books or documents by hand as a profession and helps the city keep track of its records. The profession, previously found in all literate cultures in some form, lost most of its importance and status with the advent of printing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scribe
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim
http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/
We believe:
• Quran- authored by the Creator God; 100% accurate if correctly interpreted
• Sunnah-always existed with Quran; it derives its accuracy from Quran.
• Hadith- accurate only if it does not differ with Quran.
paarsurrey
Banned User

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#14  Postby trubble76 » Jan 04, 2012 1:29 pm

paarsurrey wrote:

From where do you get your information?

trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby mattthomas » Jan 04, 2012 1:33 pm

paarsurrey wrote:Jesus killed no-body

No true jesus :lol:
Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just don't quit!
mattthomas

Name: Matt
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Zwaarddijk » Jan 04, 2012 1:56 pm

paarsurrey wrote:A scribe is a person who writes books or documents by hand as a profession and helps the city keep track of its records. The profession, previously found in all literate cultures in some form, lost most of its importance and status with the advent of printing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scribe

I didn't ask what a scribe is, I asked what scribes those were who wrote that. Tell us something more about the individual scribes that gave us the protevangelions.

You're not telling us anything, really. You're spouting obvious shit as though it were somehow highly relevant and even profound.
Zwaarddijk
Suspended User

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Animavore » Jan 04, 2012 2:02 pm

He also killed fig trees :o
With regard to heretics two points must be observed (heretic and Church).. On their own side there is the sin, whereby they deserve not only to be separated from the Church by excommunication, but also to be severed from the world by death.

- Aquinas.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#18  Postby trubble76 » Jan 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Animavore wrote:He also killed fig trees :o

And piggies, didn't he?

trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Animavore » Jan 04, 2012 2:06 pm

trubble76 wrote:

And piggies, didn't he?

Not directly. He just drove them mad with possession of demons and they ran off a cliff. I can imagine him turning to the farmer with a sheepish grin, shrugging with upward palms and saying, "Oops!"

- Aquinas.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#20  Postby trubble76 » Jan 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Animavore wrote:
trubble76 wrote:

And piggies, didn't he?

Not directly. He just drove them mad with possession of demons and they ran off a cliff. I can imagine him turning to the farmer with a sheepish grin, shrugging with upward palms and saying, "Oops."

Oh, I suppose that means he either deliberately killed the piggies, or he was forced to because he was unable to remove the demons without the destruction of a farmer's livelihood. Neither seem to describe the jeebus I always hear so much about, but we can probably just ignore that or something. :crazy:

trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Christianity