Jesus vs Harry Potter

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Jesus vs Harry Potter

#21  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Regina wrote:
Calilasseia wrote: I'd love to wheel these three ditzes in front of a television camera, and say to the straight, "Ok, you think that fantastic magic entities can be conjured up, simply by reciting some odd phrases contained within books that were marketed as fiction. I think we should put this to empirical test, don't you? Let's see if these fantastic magic entities actually appear, shall we?

I think you are missing the point, and The Daily Fail offers the relevant info: It's basically showbiz, and having three reasonably attractive young women performing and selling the crosses, the sessions and related stuff with the dad hovering in the background seems to work. Otherwise they'd be unable to tour the globe.

So basically what you're saying here, is that it doesn't matter how stupid and retarded their nonsense is, people will simply ignore this and keep gawping at the tits.

I'd like to think that at least some of my fellow human beings have grown up beyond this point. In my case, it wouldn't matter if you arranged for Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johanssen and Emmy Rossum to dance naked around me whilst the propaganda was being peddled, it still wouldn't make me become a creationist. As for this mediaeval fuckwittery about fucking "demons", oh please, I'd rather let venomous spiders play in my underpants than sign up to shit that retarded.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby UndeadDinosaur » Sep 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Bob Larson's radio show aired in my area when I was a kid. I can still remember him begging for money and selling his "Clinton Chronicles" videos, or whatever they were. It seems his daughter has now grown up to be just as crazy as he is.
"This sudden violent streak of yours is curiously . . . stimulating."

[Gaming Blog] | [Fantasy/Sci-Fi Writing] | [Asylum Discharge] | [Loud Music]
UndeadDinosaur

Male

Print view this post

#23  Postby laklak » Sep 12, 2013 2:25 am

Calilasseia wrote:
In my case, it wouldn't matter if you arranged for Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johanssen and Emmy Rossum to dance naked around me whilst the propaganda was being peddled, it still wouldn't make me become a creationist.

I might shout a few AMENs though, particularly if I thought it'd get me in any of those knickers.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 12, 2013 2:56 am

UndeadDinosaur wrote:Bob Larson's radio show aired in my area when I was a kid. I can still remember him begging for money and selling his "Clinton Chronicles" videos, or whatever they were. It seems his daughter has now grown up to be just as crazy as he is.

Lo and behold ... the very same Bob Larson who was instrumental in peddling the meme about playing heavy metal records backwards, as purportedly constituting a mechanism for "summoning demons". :roll:

So he's infected his daughter with this shit. Quelle fucking surprise.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 12, 2013 11:02 am

Kazaman wrote:AVADA KEDAVRA

Now I wil hunt you forever as a ghost.

When I'm not boring wizard students with boring stories about my life....
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 12, 2013 11:04 am

'Es the devil I tells ya!
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#27  Postby THWOTH » Sep 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Calilasseia wrote:
UndeadDinosaur wrote:Bob Larson's radio show aired in my area when I was a kid. I can still remember him begging for money and selling his "Clinton Chronicles" videos, or whatever they were. It seems his daughter has now grown up to be just as crazy as he is.

Lo and behold ... the very same Bob Larson who was instrumental in peddling the meme about playing heavy metal records backwards, as purportedly constituting a mechanism for "summoning demons". :roll:

This makes me very sad - not only because it shows how magical thinking begets magical thinking, but because there are plenty of legitimate reasons to hate heavy metal music without haveing to make stuff up.

:whistle:
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

Name: Penrose

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Regina » Sep 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Calilasseia wrote:
Regina wrote:
Calilasseia wrote: I'd love to wheel these three ditzes in front of a television camera, and say to the straight, "Ok, you think that fantastic magic entities can be conjured up, simply by reciting some odd phrases contained within books that were marketed as fiction. I think we should put this to empirical test, don't you? Let's see if these fantastic magic entities actually appear, shall we?

I think you are missing the point, and The Daily Fail offers the relevant info: It's basically showbiz, and having three reasonably attractive young women performing and selling the crosses, the sessions and related stuff with the dad hovering in the background seems to work. Otherwise they'd be unable to tour the globe.

So basically what you're saying here, is that it doesn't matter how stupid and retarded their nonsense is, people will simply ignore this and keep gawping at the tits.

I'd like to think that at least some of my fellow human beings have grown up beyond this point. In my case, it wouldn't matter if you arranged for Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johanssen and Emmy Rossum to dance naked around me whilst the propaganda was being peddled, it still wouldn't make me become a creationist. As for this mediaeval fuckwittery about fucking "demons", oh please, I'd rather let venomous spiders play in my underpants than sign up to shit that retarded.

Eh, no, that's not what I mean. I think they have simply come up with a business model that works. It's no coincidence that, of all possible "adversaries", they picked Harry Potter. It means maximum attention in their chosen field. And I'm inclined to suspect that people like those four con-artists don't actually believe in "mediaeval fuckwittery", they use it to milk the terminally benighted.
What makes you think that I was suggesting the ladies you mention could turn you into a supernaturalist? At no point did I imply that. And why would I suggest you might "sign up to shit that retarded? You are not in the target group, obviously.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#29  Postby DoctorE » Sep 14, 2013 12:17 am

... it burns
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 14, 2013 1:17 am

Calling Animavore, calling Animavore, Ani, get over to the big smoke, we need you to take three for the team...
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Macros1980 » Sep 14, 2013 1:22 am

THWOTH wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:

This makes me very sad - not only because it shows how magical thinking begets magical thinking, but because there are plenty of legitimate reasons to hate heavy metal music without haveing to make stuff up.

:whistle:

Steady on there! Metal is awesome!

\m/(>.<)\m/
To presume that your one-in-64-million chance thing is a miracle is to significantly underestimate the total number of... things... that there are. -Tim Minchin
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#32  Postby THWOTH » Sep 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Hmmm...

:coffee:
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

Name: Penrose

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#33  Postby chairman bill » Sep 14, 2013 10:52 pm

This is a joke, right? I mean, people are really this fucking stupid?
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#34  Postby jaydot » Sep 25, 2013 9:14 pm

:popcorn:
jaydot

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity