Jesus vs Harry Potter

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Jesus vs Harry Potter

#1  Postby DoctorE » Sep 10, 2013 9:17 am

They're stunning American teens with black belts in karate, and spend their weekends battling demons.

No, it's not the plot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - this wholesome trio are actually professional exorcists, and have come to London with a suitcase full of Bibles and Holy Water, intent on banishing the Capital's dark forces.

Brynne Larson, 18, and sisters Tess and Savannah Scherkenback, aged 18 and 21, are determined to rescue London's youngsters from evil spirits, which they say they are inviting to possess them by reciting the spells in the Harry Potter books.

The threesome, from Arizona, believe the spells in J.K. Rowling's best-selling fantasy series are real, and dangerous.

In fact, they see Britain as a hotbed of occult activity whose origins go back to pagan times.

Savannah explains: 'It has been centuries in the making, but I believe it came to a pinnacle with the Harry Potter books.'

'The spells you are reading about are not made up,' adds Tess. 'They are real and come from witchcraft.'

Continues: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ivity.html
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Jesus vs Harry Potter

#2  Postby trubble76 » Sep 10, 2013 9:20 am

Hmm either really clever or really stupid. Not sure which.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 10, 2013 9:21 am

18 and 21...

Maybe they should do a bit more fucking reading. Also we know the spells aren't real, all the Harry Potter fans yelled those spells over and over with wands they made desperate for them to be real.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Arcanyn » Sep 10, 2013 9:50 am

The spells are just Latin phrases. It must have been pretty dangerous living in ancient Rome, with all the spells whizzing around every time somebody asked for directions.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5  Postby THWOTH » Sep 10, 2013 9:55 am

"The threesome, from Arizona, believe the spells in J.K. Rowling's best-selling fantasy series are real, and dangerous."

Uttus Bollocus.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

Name: Penrose

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Alan B » Sep 10, 2013 9:56 am

Teen Exorcists will air on BBC3 on Thursday September 12 at 9pm.

Now, this should be fun. I'm setting this to record.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Fallible » Sep 10, 2013 9:58 am

:teef:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Evolving » Sep 10, 2013 10:40 am

Arcanyn wrote:The spells are just Latin phrases. It must have been pretty dangerous living in ancient Rome, with all the spells whizzing around every time somebody asked for directions.

They are rather poor fake Latin.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#9  Postby zulumoose » Sep 10, 2013 10:47 am

Lattinius approximae , deliberatus..
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Jesus vs Harry Potter

#10  Postby mattthomas » Sep 10, 2013 10:52 am

I have some demons they can exercise

prince George wrote:
Woof woof... SAUSAGE TIME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
mattthomas

Print view this post

#11  Postby DoctorE » Sep 10, 2013 11:13 am

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Blackadder » Sep 10, 2013 12:57 pm

DoctorE wrote:this wholesome trio are actually professional exorcists,

Yep. They even have certificates to prove it.

That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby JVRaines » Sep 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Evolving wrote:
Arcanyn wrote:The spells are just Latin phrases. It must have been pretty dangerous living in ancient Rome, with all the spells whizzing around every time somebody asked for directions.

They are rather poor fake Latin.

The genre even has a name: Dog Latin.
JVRaines

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Kazaman » Sep 10, 2013 11:33 pm

AVADA KEDAVRA
Kazaman

Name: Stephen
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Varangian » Sep 11, 2013 12:20 am

It's the same kind of idiocy as back in the 1980's, when religious nuts believed D&D rulebooks could be used to summon demons. I guess it is easy to think that, when one has swallowed the stuff in a book of myths hook, line and sinker. To those people, prayer has power, and as a consequence, made up spells in the HP books must work, too.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 11, 2013 3:48 am

Varangian wrote:It's the same kind of idiocy as back in the 1980's, when religious nuts believed D&D rulebooks could be used to summon demons. I guess it is easy to think that, when one has swallowed the stuff in a book of myths hook, line and sinker. To those people, prayer has power, and as a consequence, made up spells in the HP books must work, too.

These would be the same people who peddled the tiresome shit about playing heavy metal records backwards. Another manifestation of the same retarded predilection for mediaeval superstition.

I'd love to wheel these three ditzes in front of a television camera, and say to the straight, "Ok, you think that fantastic magic entities can be conjured up, simply by reciting some odd phrases contained within books that were marketed as fiction. I think we should put this to empirical test, don't you? Let's see if these fantastic magic entities actually appear, shall we?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby laklak » Sep 11, 2013 4:03 am

The sheer idiocy of these people knows no bounds. I just watched a show on NatGeo called "Snake Salvation", a series about these inbred snake-handling wet-brained imbeciles in Tennessee. Unbelievable. They're passing around copperheads and diamondbacks like they're goddamned marshmallows, waving them over their heads and speaking in tongues. One of the "pastors" has been bitten 7 times. 7 fucking times! OK, if you really really really believe this horseshit then I can see once or twice, but 7 times? Hasn't he gotten the message yet? Idiot got bit TWICE on the back of his head during the SAME sermon. Same fucking sermon. He said "It was a good sermon". Well, not good enough by half you moron if the fucking snake bit you TWICE. Either God's just not paying attention because you're a terrible snake-handler or maybe he doesn't fucking exist. Christ on a crutch, they're literally insane.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Regina » Sep 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Calilasseia wrote: I'd love to wheel these three ditzes in front of a television camera, and say to the straight, "Ok, you think that fantastic magic entities can be conjured up, simply by reciting some odd phrases contained within books that were marketed as fiction. I think we should put this to empirical test, don't you? Let's see if these fantastic magic entities actually appear, shall we?

I think you are missing the point, and The Daily Fail offers the relevant info: It's basically showbiz, and having three reasonably attractive young women performing and selling the crosses, the sessions and related stuff with the dad hovering in the background seems to work. Otherwise they'd be unable to tour the globe.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Varangian » Sep 11, 2013 4:28 pm

I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition...

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#20  Postby The_Piper » Sep 11, 2013 7:43 pm

This is real too.
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Christianity