Non-Discrimination Law Discriminates Against Christians

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Non-Discrimination Law Discriminates Against Christians

#1  Postby DoctorE » Sep 21, 2013 11:33 am

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Non-Discrimination Law Discriminates Against Christians

#2  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 21, 2013 11:38 am

You've created a duplicate of your own thread. :tehe:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3  Postby DoctorE » Sep 21, 2013 11:39 am

hahaha man, maybe im getting too old for this :)
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#4  Postby quisquose » Sep 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Boo hoo. It's unfair that I can't be unfair towards people I don't like. :whine:
quisquose
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby Corky » Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Christian rights are the only, THE ONLY, rights that count...
Faith is disdain for evidence, dismissal of reason, denial of logic, rejection of reality, contempt for truth.
Corky

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Shrunk » Sep 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Well, these people have a point, don't they? I mean, the ordinance "criminalizes those with a Biblical view of sexuality". That's obviously unconstitutional. So these folks have my full support.

The ordinance does do that, right? Pat Robertson's news network can surely be trusted.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Corky » Sep 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Maybe it just criminalizes those who force their biblical view of sexuality on others. You will be a happy clapper or God will kill you...
Faith is disdain for evidence, dismissal of reason, denial of logic, rejection of reality, contempt for truth.
Corky

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Shrunk » Sep 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Hmm. As it turns out, it seems there actually were some legitimate problems with the ordinance. But those have now been fixed:

Citing a late change in the nondiscrimination ordinance that San Antonio recently passed, a spokesman for the Texas attorney general's office said the state is now unlikely to file suit.

A clause that disallowed appointed city officials to “demonstrate a bias, by word or deed” was deleted from the ordinance before the San Antonio City Council passed it on Sept. 5 with an 8-3 vote.... Before the ordinance had been edited, Attorney General Greg Abbott wrote San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro, urging him to scrap the ordinance. Its language left it “open to a constitutional challenge for vagueness,” Abbott said. “If the city ignores this advice and adopts the proposed ordinance,” he warned, “legal action will surely follow.”

It's not clear to me whether the video in the OP was in response to the original ordinance, or to the amended version. But somehow I don't think it will make a difference to those folks.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9  Postby laklak » Sep 25, 2013 4:08 pm

I discriminate against Christians all the time. Around here it's common to see Jebus fish stickers at businesses, just to let you know the owners are good Christian folk. I refuse to patronize them.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#10  Postby quisquose » Sep 25, 2013 9:38 pm

laklak wrote:I discriminate against Christians all the time. Around here it's common to see Jebus fish stickers at businesses, just to let you know the owners are good Christian folk. I refuse to patronize them.

I have no trouble patronising them.

I'd never do business with them though.
quisquose
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

Return to Christianity