Pope Changes Lord's Prayer

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Pope Changes Lord's Prayer

#1  Postby Alan B » Jun 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Guardian
Led not into temptation: pope approves change to Lord's Prayer

Now Pope Francis has risked the wrath of traditionalists by approving a change to the wording of the Lord’s Prayer. Instead of saying “lead us not into temptation”, it will say “do not let us fall into temptation”.

Is Popey a member of Ratskep?
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2694678.html?hilit=lord%27s#p2694678
“And do not put us to the test, but save us from the evil one.” (REB)
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”(KJV)

This again is an exhortation from Jesus and is simply rephrased as: ‘Don't be tempted away from the spiritual way of life by the pleasures of material things’.
The REB version implies an external being to whom one makes a request while the KJV appears to describe a behaviour to be observed.

:think: :priest:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Pope Changes Lord's Prayer

#2  Postby Blackadder » Jun 07, 2019 6:41 pm

The Poop is an agent of Satan. I thought this was already widely known. Frankie, the Servant of the Beast. :devil:
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity