Priest shocks wedding by chewing out videographer during vow

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Wedding celebrant throws hissy fit

#1  Postby JVRaines » Sep 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Video

First time I've seen one of these drama queens get bothered over being downstaged.
JVRaines

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Wedding celebrant throws hissy fit

#2  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 21, 2013 3:22 pm

"This is not about photography, this is about god!"
:facepalm:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3  Postby surreptitious57 » Sep 21, 2013 3:53 pm

He appeared to be irritated by the cameras clicking rather than anything else

An overreaction on his part maybe but certainly not a hissy fit - nowhere near
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#4  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 21, 2013 4:06 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:He appeared to be irritated by the cameras clicking rather than anything else

If he was merely irritated by the clicking of the cameras there's be no reason to emphatically state it's about god not cameras.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Priest shocks wedding by chewing out videographer during vow

#6  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Copy again
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby chairman bill » Sep 21, 2013 5:11 pm

He takes this 'God' business seriously, doesn't he? I thought it was about their wedding.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby The_Metatron » Sep 21, 2013 5:21 pm

His reaction should be no surprise to the wedding party or their guests. They didn't discuss this shit beforehand?
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby JVRaines » Sep 21, 2013 10:38 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:He appeared to be irritated by the cameras clicking rather than anything else

Cameras don't click anymore unless they're antiques or the user has forgotten to turn off the fake sound effects. "Hissy fit" is in context; this wasn't spilled milk at lunch but a giant extravaganza in fancy dress. It's quite cheeky to turn your back and make a scene when you're the focal point of the show.
JVRaines

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Scot Dutchy » Sep 22, 2013 5:59 am

JVRaines wrote:

Cameras don't click anymore unless they're antiques or the user has forgotten to turn off the fake sound effects. "Hissy fit" is in context; this wasn't spilled milk at lunch but a giant extravaganza in fancy dress. It's quite cheeky to turn your back and make a scene when you're the focal point of the show.

SLR's always click. The mirror goes up and down.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Alan B » Sep 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Delete
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Monas » Sep 22, 2013 7:04 pm

It does seem a shame that people can't simply enjoy important moments as they are - there seems to be a real 'need' to capture everything on film (well, you know what I mean) today. A long time ago we gave strict instructions to the photographer that he was not to come into the Church for our wedding - that was a moment to be savoured and enjoyed without worrying about how it would look in the album or on Facebook.
Monas
Banned Sockpuppet

Name: Pilgrim

Print view this post

#15  Postby romansh » Sep 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Monas wrote:It does seem a shame that people can't simply enjoy important moments as they are - there seems to be a real 'need' to capture everything on film (well, you know what I mean) today. A long time ago we gave strict instructions to the photographer that he was not to come into the Church for our wedding - that was a moment to be savoured and enjoyed without worrying about how it would look in the album or on Facebook.

I also wonder why the priest could not accept that people may want to capture the joyous moment as it was. Perhaps the videographer was enjoying the moment?

Why would a priest want to cast a cloud on that joyous moment. Would god object?

Perhaps family members could not attend. They looked as though they would have relatives in far off places.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Regina » Sep 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Monas wrote:It does seem a shame that people can't simply enjoy important moments as they are - there seems to be a real 'need' to capture everything on film (well, you know what I mean) today. A long time ago we gave strict instructions to the photographer that he was not to come into the Church for our wedding - that was a moment to be savoured and enjoyed without worrying about how it would look in the album or on Facebook.

Indeed. It's a shame that people can decide what they want at their wedding. Some even enjoy it tremendously without some stuck-up clown in attendance.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity