Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#1  Postby DoctorE » Jun 23, 2015 8:51 am

:crazy:
Five family members were charged with the murder of a Muzarabani prophet who had been called to their home in the village of Mazonde, Zimbabwe on July 30, 2012 to help them cleanse their house of evil spirits, according to Zed 24 News.

The five appeared at the High Court in Harare facing a murder charge for participating in the death of self-professed Prophet Shamiso Kanyama, who accidentally died during a healing ceremony. Kanyama had reportedly asked his followers to bury him alive so that he could summon more cleansing powers to heal the family that had been plagued by mysterious deaths.

High Court Justice Owen Tagu heard how on the day in question, Kanyama had been invited to attend the home in the Mazarabani district, which is situated along the Mozambique-Zimbabwe border, by their priest, Zvidzai Muchengeti. The five men had requested the priest to help them clean their home of evil spirits, because it was causing mysterious deaths in their family.

Responding to their request to perform a healing ceremony, Kanyama had ordered his followers to dig a grave and bury him alive because that was the way he summoned more healing powers to ward off evil spirits. However, the plan backfired on the prophet when instead of being resurrected as he supposed, the men dug up the grave again to find him dead.

Kanyama helped to dig his own grave before praying and jumping inside, Father Zvidzai, who has turned State witness, told the High Court. He continued that after laying face down in the grave, he ordered his followers to start covering him with soil.

Continues: http://allchristiannews.com/prophet-die ... urrecting/
User avatar
DoctorE
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 10999
Age: 59
Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#2  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 23, 2015 8:54 am

He wont do that again.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43030
Age: 70
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#3  Postby Weaver » Jun 23, 2015 4:39 pm

That's not murder, at most it's assisted suicide.

Or, as I prefer to view it, adding a bit of much-needed chlorine to the gene pool.
Image
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
User avatar
Weaver
RS Donator
 
Posts: 20125
Age: 51
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#4  Postby John Platko » Jun 23, 2015 7:27 pm

DoctorE wrote::crazy:
Five family members were charged with the murder of a Muzarabani prophet who had been called to their home in the village of Mazonde, Zimbabwe on July 30, 2012 to help them cleanse their house of evil spirits, according to Zed 24 News.

The five appeared at the High Court in Harare facing a murder charge for participating in the death of self-professed Prophet Shamiso Kanyama, who accidentally died during a healing ceremony. Kanyama had reportedly asked his followers to bury him alive so that he could summon more cleansing powers to heal the family that had been plagued by mysterious deaths.

High Court Justice Owen Tagu heard how on the day in question, Kanyama had been invited to attend the home in the Mazarabani district, which is situated along the Mozambique-Zimbabwe border, by their priest, Zvidzai Muchengeti. The five men had requested the priest to help them clean their home of evil spirits, because it was causing mysterious deaths in their family.

Responding to their request to perform a healing ceremony, Kanyama had ordered his followers to dig a grave and bury him alive because that was the way he summoned more healing powers to ward off evil spirits. However, the plan backfired on the prophet when instead of being resurrected as he supposed, the men dug up the grave again to find him dead.

Kanyama helped to dig his own grave before praying and jumping inside, Father Zvidzai, who has turned State witness, told the High Court. He continued that after laying face down in the grave, he ordered his followers to start covering him with soil.

Continues: http://allchristiannews.com/prophet-die ... urrecting/


Does this have something to do with Christianity or is it in the wrong place?
I like to imagine ...
User avatar
John Platko
 
Name: John Platko
Posts: 9411
Male

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#5  Postby monkeyboy » Jun 23, 2015 9:32 pm

We don't have a "complete fucking wingnut" section. Maybe it's time.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
User avatar
monkeyboy
 
Posts: 5451
Male

Country: England
England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#6  Postby Fallible » Jun 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Durrrrrrrr
Sorry that you think you had it rough in the first world.
You ought to get out of that sooner than later.
Knowledge has turned into a trap; you have to slow down.
Get out of your head and spend less time alone.
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 49786
Age: 46
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#7  Postby John Platko » Jun 24, 2015 12:33 am

monkeyboy wrote:We don't have a "complete fucking wingnut" section. Maybe it's time.


This might be a better fit.
I like to imagine ...
User avatar
John Platko
 
Name: John Platko
Posts: 9411
Male

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#8  Postby Arcanyn » Jun 24, 2015 12:44 am

He didn't die, he just ascended to a higher plane of existence.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
User avatar
Arcanyn
 
Posts: 1459
Age: 35
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#9  Postby chairman bill » Jun 24, 2015 6:53 am

We need more of this kind of thing
Socialists: winning the fight against people-hating fascists of the right & (alleged) centre.
User avatar
chairman bill
RS Donator
 
Posts: 28091
Male

Country: UK: fucked since 2010
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#10  Postby laklak » Jun 24, 2015 5:57 pm

'e's only sleeping.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 19801
Age: 65
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#11  Postby Moonwatcher » Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm

That's just- sad. I don't think those people are guilty of murder since that's not at all what they thought the results would be and it was the guy's wish. He even helped. It's just a cautionary tale yet again about the problems of believing things there's no evidence for.

I mean, hey Jesus did it. We know he did because an old book with no real world evidence says he did so it's possible so I can do it too. That's basically the "logic". Next up, people letting poisonous snakes bite them 'cause fictional characters in a book of mythology did it and survived.
We're holograms projected by a scientist riding on the back of an elephant in a garden imagined by a goose in a snow globe on the mantel of a fireplace imagined in a book in the dreams of a child sleeping in his mother's lap.
User avatar
Moonwatcher
 
Posts: 2018
Age: 61
Male

Print view this post

Re: Prophet Dies After Being Buried Alive and Not Resurrecting

#12  Postby 2Curious » Jun 27, 2015 4:50 am

Moonwatcher wrote:That's just- sad. I don't think those people are guilty of murder since that's not at all what they thought the results would be and it was the guy's wish. He even helped. It's just a cautionary tale yet again about the problems of believing things there's no evidence for.

I mean, hey Jesus did it. We know he did because an old book with no real world evidence says he did so it's possible so I can do it too. That's basically the "logic". Next up, people letting poisonous snakes bite them 'cause fictional characters in a book of mythology did it and survived.


Moonwatcher wrote:I mean, hey Jesus did it.


Jesus had himself buried alive?
2Curious
 
Name: Bonnie Johnson
Posts: 6

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post


Return to Christianity

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest