Puppetry of the Penis: Where's the outrage?

From the Catholic Church.

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Puppetry of the Penis: Where's the outrage?

#101  Postby Scarlett » Dec 29, 2013 11:32 pm

I should imagine if you're a good upstanding (excuse the pun), unmarried Cafflik, three shakes is more than sufficient :ask:
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#102  Postby hackenslash » Dec 29, 2013 11:37 pm

I thought this was going to be a thread about Clastie. :lol:
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#103  Postby Rumraket » Dec 29, 2013 11:46 pm

hackenslash wrote:I thought this was going to be a thread about Clastie. :lol:

Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#104  Postby Shrunk » Dec 30, 2013 2:45 am

Emmeline wrote:This thread is hilarious :clap:

It is. The Catholic position, however, is no joke:

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs334/en/

Take a look at the leading causes of death for females of reproductive age, and calculate the effects the Catholic "moral" position would (or does) have on some of them.

That Catholic metaphysical claptrap has a body count to its credit.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#105  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 30, 2013 3:26 am

Well, at least their souls were saved. Hallelujah!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#106  Postby Mick » Dec 30, 2013 4:03 am

John Platko wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:

Okay. Well, I don't see how you can say that they do.

What now? Someone is going to need to make an argument. This is your thread. You're the one who is pointing to something you suspect is an inconsistency. Make your case.

I have made my case. The Church are completely inconsistent with how they handle penile misuse. Where's the call to ban this show? Where's the condemnation from bishops and clergy? Where's the call to Catholics to avoid this sort of thing and help legislate against it?

To say that misuse of genitalia when it's gay "frustrates its natural ends" but not so when used in a non-gay way is begging the question.

Is that penis missuse? I don't remember any thing from the church saying a penis can only go in a vagina and can never be used for anything else.

Father Schuster taught: anything a married couple does in sex is ok as long as it ends with the penis in vagina. I'm pretty sure that's still the catholic position.

That's actually not the catholic position.
Christ said, "I am the Truth"; he did not say "I am the custom." -- St. Toribio
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#107  Postby Mick » Dec 30, 2013 4:17 am

Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:OK, so opposition to using one's dick for anything but peeing and getting ladies pregnant is based on religious belief.

There is no such Catholic or natural law theorist objection, either in religious or secular ethics. Read my first response to the OP. Pay close attention to the stuff about being contrary to the function or telos.

You never explained this in detail. You just made an assertion that nothing about penis puppetry frustrate its natural ends. You never gave reasons why this is so. It was hand-waving at its finest/

the action does not keep the penis from performing its natural ends nor does it frutrate the release of urine or a moral sex act ( all moral sex acts are unitive and or procreative, the Catholics believe.). If the manipulation caused infertility, then there might be an issue here.
Last edited by Mick on Dec 30, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#108  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 30, 2013 6:18 am

Gay sex doesn't keep the penis from performing its natural ends either, you can still pee or cum in a vagina later if you want.

I'm taking a wild guess that what constitutes a "moral sex act" is pulled out of thin air.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#109  Postby quas » Dec 30, 2013 6:35 am

I don't see HOW this should be outrageous. These puppetry tricks is more or less mere touching. Is touching wrong then? Being anti gay/anal sex is more analogous to being anti oral sex.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#110  Postby scott1328 » Dec 30, 2013 6:46 am

In his very first response to the OP, Mick said this (my bold)
Mick wrote:No matter how many times I tell Animavore that Catholics concern themselves with uses contrary to the natural function, he won't listen. The behavior here, though immoral and odd, is not immoral in virtue of using the penis contrary to its telos. Nothing here frustrates its end.

Two weeks from now I'm sure he will offer the same caricature-it is so weird.

Although, he called the antics of the puppeteers immoral, he is now defending it as the paragon of heterosexual behavior:
Mick wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:OK, so opposition to using one's dick for anything but peeing and getting ladies pregnant is based on religious belief.

There is no such Catholic or natural law theorist objection, either in religious or secular ethics. Read my first response to the OP. Pay close attention to the stuff about being contrary to the function or telos.

You never explained this in detail. You just made an assertion that nothing about penis puppetry frustrate its natural ends. You never gave reasons why this is so. It was hand-waving at its finest/

the action does not keep the penis from performing its natural ends nor does it frutrate the release of urine or a moral sex act ( all moral sex acts are unitive and or procreative). If the manipulation caused infertility, then there might be an issue here.

So, Mick, if the church doesn't have a problem with Puppetry, why do you? Or could it be that your own disgust at the act and your defense of the church's silence on the matter have come to loggerheads?

Wouldn't a better strategy have been for you to simply claim the church does oppose PoP as immoral and quote Aquinas to cover for your own personal disgust? Why change your MO for this topic?
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#111  Postby Rumraket » Dec 30, 2013 9:20 am

quas wrote:I don't see HOW this should be outrageous. These puppetry tricks is more or less mere touching. Is touching wrong then? Being anti gay/anal sex is more analogous to being anti oral sex.

The catholic church and many other denominations of christianity are also anti oral sex.

Where exactly does the rest of the body stop and the penis and vagina begin, what are we allowed to touch? The whole idea that there are "bad" parts of the body is preposterous in the extreme.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#112  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Dec 30, 2013 10:03 am

The puppetry isn't even that impressive.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#113  Postby NineBerry » Dec 30, 2013 10:03 am

Rumraket wrote:
Where exactly does the rest of the body stop and the penis and vagina begin, what are we allowed to touch? The whole idea that there are "bad" parts of the body is preposterous in the extreme.

Yes, but try to tell that the police when they try to arrest you for being naked in public... :grin:
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#114  Postby Mick » Dec 30, 2013 11:39 am

Mick wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:

the action does not keep the penis from performing its natural ends nor does it frutrate the release of urine or a moral sex act ( all moral sex acts are unitive and or procreative). If the manipulation caused infertility, then there might be an issue here.

Also: I was not here saying that all moral sex needs to be procreative, mods. I was just stating what the Catholic position is. So take it easy with the ban hammer.
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#115  Postby Mick » Dec 30, 2013 11:46 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:Gay sex doesn't keep the penis from performing its natural ends either, you can still pee or cum in a vagina later if you want.

I'm taking a wild guess that what constitutes a "moral sex act" is pulled out of thin air.

Pee or cum in a vagina? I think you skeptics might be a little confused where the pee goes.

The issue is not where the "cum" ends up. The act itself has to be unitive an procreative, they say. Catholics have a special view of sex-it is almost spiritual, sacred and special.
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#116  Postby Mick » Dec 30, 2013 11:48 am

scott1328 wrote:In his very first response to the OP, Mick said this (my bold)
Mick wrote:No matter how many times I tell Animavore that Catholics concern themselves with uses contrary to the natural function, he won't listen. The behavior here, though immoral and odd, is not immoral in virtue of using the penis contrary to its telos. Nothing here frustrates its end.

Two weeks from now I'm sure he will offer the same caricature-it is so weird.

Although, he called the antics of the puppeteers immoral, he is now defending it as the paragon of heterosexual behavior:
Mick wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:

So, Mick, if the church doesn't have a problem with Puppetry, why do you? Or could it be that your own disgust at the act and your defense of the church's silence on the matter have come to loggerheads?

Wouldn't a better strategy have been for you to simply claim the church does oppose PoP as immoral and quote Aquinas to cover for your own personal disgust? Why change your MO for this topic?

I didn't. It is not immoral for the reason of being contrary to telos of the penis. However that doesn't suggest it is not immoral for other reasons.
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#117  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Dec 30, 2013 11:53 am

Mick wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Gay sex doesn't keep the penis from performing its natural ends either, you can still pee or cum in a vagina later if you want.

Pee or cum in a vagina? I think you skeptics might be a little confused where the pee goes.

The issue is not where the "cum" ends up. The act itself has to be unitive an procreative, they say. Catholics have a special view of sex-it is almost spiritual, sacred and special.

Boy, do they ever.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#118  Postby Regina » Dec 30, 2013 11:59 am

God, I love it! Telos of the penis! So much fancier than "purpose of the dick". I can feel a bout of poetic emissions coming up.
:dance:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#119  Postby hackenslash » Dec 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Regina wrote: I can feel a bout of poetic emissions coming up.

As long as you wipe up after yourself...
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#120  Postby Regina » Dec 30, 2013 12:06 pm

hackenslash wrote:
Regina wrote: I can feel a bout of poetic emissions coming up.

As long as you wipe up after yourself...

Sure will. :thumbup:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Christianity