Puppetry of the Penis: Where's the outrage?

From the Catholic Church.

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Puppetry of the Penis: Where's the outrage?

#1  Postby Animavore » Dec 29, 2013 3:11 pm

There's a show which has been touring since 1998 by two Aussie guys, puppeteers, named Puppetry of the Penis where they basically use their penises as part of a humorous puppet show, bending their penises into various comical postures to represent different items and tell a story.

According to Thomism this use of the penis as a tool of comedy is going against its natural end as an organ to impregnate women and this show could be considered 'disordered', yet the proponents of Thomism, largely the Catholic Church, have been incredibly silent on this heresy.

Given the amount of stick they give homosexuals for using their genitalia incorrectly one would expect other erroneous uses of the penis to fall under similar denouncing. Unless... Unless the reasons given for homosexual bigotry by the Church are completely disingenuous. That can't be right?
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Puppetry of the Penis: Where's the outrage?

#2  Postby scott1328 » Dec 29, 2013 3:21 pm

The Streisand Effect?
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Mick » Dec 29, 2013 3:47 pm

No matter how many times I tell Animavore that Catholics concern themselves with uses contrary to the natural function, he won't listen. The behavior here, though immoral and odd, is not immoral in virtue of using the penis contrary to its telos. Nothing here frustrates its end.

Two weeks from now I'm sure he will offer the same caricature-it is so weird.
Christ said, "I am the Truth"; he did not say "I am the custom." -- St. Toribio
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#4  Postby Animavore » Dec 29, 2013 3:49 pm

So you've just admitted some misuses of the penis are somehow deemed more immoral than others for no good reason?

Thank you for walking into my trap.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5  Postby scott1328 » Dec 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Mick wrote:No matter how many times I tell Animavore that Catholics concern themselves with uses contrary to the natural function, he won't listen. The behavior here, though immoral and odd, is not immoral in virtue of using the penis contrary to its telos. Nothing here frustrates its end.

Two weeks from now I'm sure he will offer the same caricature-it is so weird.

Why is it immoral? What verse of the bible prohibits these kinds of exhibitions?
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Animavore » Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm

Here's some examples of penis puppetry from the show.

I don't see how Mick can say that these acts as a penis to make people laugh don't "frustrate the natural ends" of the penis (which, remember, is to get women pregnant). Unless, to reiterate, the reasons given by the Church are disingenuous.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Mick » Dec 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Animavore wrote:So you've just admitted some misuses of the penis are somehow deemed more immoral than others for no good reason?

Actually, I did not "admit" that, since I didn't say that this constitutes a misuse of the penis itself, at least not in the relevant sense.

Lol @ the idea of a trap. How old are you?
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby quas » Dec 29, 2013 4:02 pm

I was expecting more elaborate tricks. But those are pretty amateurish considering that you have to pay to watch.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#9  Postby Animavore » Dec 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Mick wrote:
Animavore wrote:So you've just admitted some misuses of the penis are somehow deemed more immoral than others for no good reason?

Actually, I did not "admit" that, since I didn't say that this constitutes a misuse of the penis itself, at least not in the relevant sense.

So misusing the penis is only relevant when it's being used in a gay way? Why is that I wonder? :ask:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Animavore » Dec 29, 2013 4:06 pm

quas wrote:I was expecting more elaborate tricks. But those are pretty amateurish considering that you have to pay to watch.

It's what you do with it that counts.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Dec 29, 2013 4:06 pm

That's my issue with this. I can just ask my man to do dick tricks for me and it's free of charge.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Mick » Dec 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Animavore wrote:Here's some examples of penis puppetry from the show.

I don't see how Mick can say that these acts as a penis to make people laugh don't "frustrate the natural ends" of the penis (which, remember, is to get women pregnant). Unless, to reiterate, the reasons given by the Church are disingenuous.

Okay. Well, I don't see how you can say that they do.

What now? Someone is going to need to make an argument. This is your thread. You're the one who is pointing to something you suspect is an inconsistency. Make your case.
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#13  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:

So misusing the penis is only relevant when it's being used in a gay way? Why is that I wonder? :ask:

Because these are the rules of Telos.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Animavore » Dec 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Mick wrote:

What now? Someone is going to need to make an argument. This is your thread. You're the one who is pointing to something you suspect is an inconsistency. Make your case.

I have made my case. The Church are completely inconsistent with how they handle penile misuse. Where's the call to ban this show? Where's the condemnation from bishops and clergy? Where's the call to Catholics to avoid this sort of thing and help legislate against it?

To say that misuse of genitalia when it's gay "frustrates its natural ends" but not so when used in a non-gay way is begging the question.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15  Postby I'm With Stupid » Dec 29, 2013 4:17 pm

One of the blokes from this show once gave me and my friends a private show of this on the beach. Impressive, given how cold it was at the time.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Dec 29, 2013 4:18 pm

I think the questions are does use of one's dick as a tool of comedy violate natural law and, if so, why hasn't the Catholic Church spoken out against this practice.

And the answers seem to be yes but it's not such a big deal and because it's not gay, just weird.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Mick » Dec 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:

No. Catholics will object to masturbation, sex with a condom, sex with non-human animals, etc. for at least that reason. Gay sex is just one consequence among many that they deal with.
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#18  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Dec 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Then why haven't we heard about dick tricks from them?

And they do talk about gay sex WAY more than they talk about other penis misuses. What's up with that?
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Mick » Dec 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:

I have made my case. The Church are completely inconsistent with how they handle penile misuse. Where's the call to ban this show? Where's the condemnation from bishops and clergy? Where's the call to Catholics to avoid this sort of thing and help legislate against it?

To say that misuse of genitalia when it's gay "frustrates its natural ends" but not so when used in a non-gay way is begging the question.

No, you're begging the question by presuming there is an inconsistency here. Make your case. Show there to be an inconsistency.
Mick
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#20  Postby Animavore » Dec 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Mick wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Mick wrote:

No. Catholics will object to masturbation, sex with a condom, sex with non-human animals, etc. for at least that reason. Gay sex is just one consequence among many that they deal with.

And yet they're not trying to stop Catholics who use contraceptives and those who masturbate from getting married.

Strange that :scratch:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Christianity