Religions are fairy tales for adults. Should we encourage th

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Religions are fairy tales for adults. Should we encourage th

#61  Postby Greatest I am » Aug 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Leucius Charinus wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Religions are fairy tales for adults. Should we encourage them to grow up?

See the second paragraph by Emperor Julian below. The very first independent political comment concerning the new State Religion of Christianity was formalised c.362 CE by the Emperor Julian who wrote that he thought that it was expedient that he write his convictions to all mankind. Julian's invectives 362 are re-examined in a new light:

It is, I think, expedient to set forth to all mankind
    the reasons by which I was convinced that
    the fabrication of the Galilaeans (Christians)
    is a fiction of men composed by wickedness.

Though it has in it nothing divine,
    by making full use of that part of the soul
    which loves fable and is childish and foolish,
    it has induced men to believe
    that the monstrous tale is truth.

It should also be noted that all of the three major book religions

1) Judaism with the Hebrew Bible
2) Christianity with the NT Bible
3) Islam with the Quran

were each first implemented by supreme military commanders at the zenith of their military power in their respective empires and that each of these centralized monotheistic religions were focused on a 'holy writ'.

These three religions are the products of the racket of war, and are rackets in themselves.

I agree that Christians have been believing their fairy tale to be real from about Constantine's days.

Many had no choice as many laws were written to enforce Christian beliefs.

When a state has to kill to push through its immoral religion you have to know that it is not a worthy religion.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Banned User

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby Hamster » Aug 12, 2015 11:18 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
...I place no God above mankind unless we lesser Gods have elected him or her. ...

Hmmm... what system would be used for such an election? First past the post, preferential, run off? Is there a method for dealling with disputed returns?
Who is eligible to vote and how are candidates decided/nominated?
How long is a term?

DGMW - I'm glad this has a democratic feel - I just don't want to get stuck with the wrong god in charge... :ask:
Hamster

Print view this post

#63  Postby laklak » Aug 13, 2015 4:02 am

I nominate me.

Why not? Can't do much worse a job than the wanker in charge now. Plus I'm a LOT cheaper. Shagged your neighbor's wife? That'll be a ten spot, mate, go and sin no more. Murder? Depends on the degree, I've got a special BOGO on now, buy one 1st Degree for $100 and I'll throw in a manslaughter absolutely free! Just pay shipping and handling. Additional aggravating circumstance charges may apply, see your High Priest for details.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Greatest I am » Aug 13, 2015 6:55 pm

The only one worthy of ruling mankind is a man or a woman.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Banned User

Print view this post

#65  Postby Hamster » Aug 13, 2015 9:26 pm

So hermaphrodites are not worthy?

"This new learning amazes me Sir Bedevere. Explain to me again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes."

Reckon I'm voting for Laklak.
Hamster

Print view this post

#66  Postby Skinny Puppy » Aug 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Hamster wrote:So hermaphrodites are not worthy?

"This new learning amazes me Sir Bedevere. Explain to me again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes."

Me too! I like his platform. :thumbup:

Tally so far:
Laklak for God = 3 votes
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Skinny Puppy » Aug 13, 2015 9:39 pm

Greatest I am wrote:The only one worthy of ruling mankind is a man or a woman.

Regards
DL

Far be it from me to tell you how to vote, but Laklak is fully qualified and certainly meets your standard.
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby Fallible » Aug 13, 2015 9:53 pm

willhud9 wrote:It is just GIA making his rounds across the internet. Copying and pasting his same old messages. :yawn:

He preaches to the choir. Makes unsubstantiated assertions and then quietly slithers away like the snake on his profile picture (but at least Kaa in Disney's The Jungle Book was humourous).

Nothing new here people. I had wasted so much time sincerely addressing his previous posts until I finally caught on to his schemes. Don't be suckered in. :coffee:

I almost feel like GIA and I are old friends - it must be getting on for 10 years ago (actually just checked - 8 years ago) that I first ran across him on the Debating Christianity forums, and he was doing the same back then. I say 'almost' feel like we're old friends because a) I don't think he notices who he's talking to specifically, and b) I'm a bit picky regarding friends.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#69  Postby Greatest I am » Aug 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:

Regards
DL

Far be it from me to tell you how to vote, but Laklak is fully qualified and certainly meets your standard.

Two for the price of one.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Banned User

Print view this post

#70  Postby Greatest I am » Aug 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Hamster wrote:So hermaphrodites are not worthy?

Androgynous in, that is historic.

Hermaphrodites out just due to history.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Banned User

Print view this post

#71  Postby Leucius Charinus » Aug 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Leucius Charinus wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Religions are fairy tales for adults. Should we encourage them to grow up?

See the second paragraph by Emperor Julian below. The very first independent political comment concerning the new State Religion of Christianity was formalised c.362 CE by the Emperor Julian who wrote that he thought that it was expedient that he write his convictions to all mankind. Julian's invectives 362 are re-examined in a new light:

3) Islam with the Quran

were each first implemented by supreme military commanders at the zenith of their military power in their respective empires and that each of these centralized monotheistic religions were focused on a 'holy writ'.

These three religions are the products of the racket of war, and are rackets in themselves.

I agree that Christians have been believing their fairy tale to be real from about Constantine's days.

In the rule of Constantine Jesus became a political instrument. His birth and death, not provided by the NT, were suddenly discovered by Constantine's advisors. The birth of the Jesus character was fixed at midwinter and the celebration of the Saturnalia was replaced by Christmas. His death was fixed around the Vernal Equinox and again the pagan celebrations were hijacked by the Christian State.

Q: Who the fuck was going to argue with the Emperor or his laws?
A: No one in their right mind.

When a state has to kill to push through its immoral religion you have to know that it is not a worthy religion.

The NT is a fairytale and the only reason it became associated with a monopoly religion business in the Roman Empire is because the majesty of the Roman Emperor Constantine was transferred to it.

The religion started as a racket following the civil war. And the reason why I strongly suspect that the Christian church organization is male dominated is because Constantine appointed bishops out of his victorious army.
"It is, I think, expedient to set forth to all mankind the reasons by which I was convinced that
the fabrication of the Christians is a fiction of men composed by wickedness. "

Emperor Julian (362 CE)
Leucius Charinus

Print view this post

#72  Postby laklak » Aug 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Regards
DL

Hey, I resemble that remark! Well, about 95% of my DNA does in any case. Besides, as a chimp I'm not bothered with human crapola like social justice or the patriarchy. If you got the dime I got the time, honey.

Step right up, Ladies and Germs, first come, first served. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice, round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows.

Oops, sorry son, looks like you're a nematode the next go round. Maybe you should have paid more attention to your immortal soul, or failing that the Church coffers. But you seem a likely lad, so I'll let you choose. Free living, or parasitic?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#73  Postby Greatest I am » Aug 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Leucius Charinus wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Leucius Charinus wrote:

3) Islam with the Quran

In the rule of Constantine Jesus became a political instrument. His birth and death, not provided by the NT, were suddenly discovered by Constantine's advisors. The birth of the Jesus character was fixed at midwinter and the celebration of the Saturnalia was replaced by Christmas. His death was fixed around the Vernal Equinox and again the pagan celebrations were hijacked by the Christian State.

Q: Who the fuck was going to argue with the Emperor or his laws?
A: No one in their right mind.

The NT is a fairytale and the only reason it became associated with a monopoly religion business in the Roman Empire is because the majesty of the Roman Emperor Constantine was transferred to it.

The religion started as a racket following the civil war. And the reason why I strongly suspect that the Christian church organization is male dominated is because Constantine appointed bishops out of his victorious army.

That and Christianity has tried and basically succeeded in writing women right out of scriptures.

You cannot have institutionalized misogyny while giving women credit for much.

I think this goes right back to Eden where Even gets most of the blame for the fall.

A fall that the Jews wrote as man's elevation and not his fall but that did not suit the Christians who wanted to oppress women. Jews do no9t have an Original Sin doctrine but Christians sure do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcJLGMsLfSI#t=163

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Banned User

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity