Religous freedom according to a dominionist

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Religous freedom according to a dominionist

#1  Postby wakawakawaka » Nov 11, 2013 3:50 am

check this paper written by a dominionist about how he is going to respect freedom of religon .....oh so according to the bible its okay to kill a non-christian when they practice their religion in public.... but not when they worship in private

"The Persecution of Unbelievers Argument
A common objection is that the full adoption of a biblical law order will lead to the
persecution of unbelievers. This objection is used to bring to mind a type of Christian
dictatorship where atheists, Buddhists, Hindus,
and Moslems are rounded up in the middle of the
night and shot by a “Christian” gestapo or KGB. This image is totally false for a number of reasons. First, keep in mind that a Christian civil government does not come into being through a revolution or phys
ical violence. A nation will not become Christian until the majority of the
people are converted to Christ. This may be centuries in the future. Becoming a Christian nation is a bottom up not a top down affair. Rushdoony writes, “The key is regeneration, propagation of the gospel, and the conversion of men and nations to God’s law. Meanwhile, the existing laworder must be respected, and neighboring law-orders must be respected as far as is possible without offense to one’s own faith.”Second, in a Christian state (as noted earlier),it is not illegal to be an unbeliever. One can be an atheist, animist, Hindu or anything one pleases.Personal belief and private practice are not civil crimes. It is the propagation and public practice of heathenism that is a civil crime according to biblical law (cf. Dt. 13:1-18, 17:2-1)"

http://www.theonomyresources.com/pdfs/s ... uments.pdf page 45
wakawakawaka

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Religous freedom according to a dominionist

#2  Postby trubble76 » Nov 11, 2013 10:33 am

They already had the best part of two millennia to demonstrate how well a theocratic state would behave. It was changed for very good reasons.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby chairman bill » Nov 11, 2013 10:41 am

So no doubt these dominionists would accept the removal of Christianity from public life, in all states where there is not a Christian majority. They can believe whatever they like, but any public display of piety will get punished, and they'd be fine with that. Yeah, right.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Alan B » Nov 11, 2013 12:10 pm

More religious crackpots.

His Home Page.

The featured video here says it all.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby james1v » Nov 11, 2013 12:42 pm

We know from history what happens when th the lunatics take over the asylum. Time and time again...No more chances.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Dem dirdy Moslems!
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7  Postby laklak » Nov 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Bring it. I've got plenty of firepower and will quite happily send you into Jesus' loving arms.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Veida » Nov 11, 2013 12:59 pm

wakawakawaka wrote: Christian civil government does not come into being through a revolution or phys
ical violence. A nation will not become Christian until the majority of the
people are converted to Christ. This may be centuries in the future. Becoming a Christian nation is a bottom up not a top down affair. Rushdoony writes, “The key is regeneration, propagation of the gospel, and the conversion of men and nations to God’s law. Meanwhile, the existing laworder must be respected, and neighboring law-orders must be respected as far as is possible without offense to one’s own faith.”Second, in a Christian state (as noted earlier),it is not illegal to be an unbeliever. One can be an atheist, animist, Hindu or anything one pleases.Personal belief and private practice are not civil crimes.
This is clearly false, judging from history. There were nations that became christian because the king or emperor became christian, and there were christian nations where it was in fact illegal for citizens to be anything other than christian.
Veida

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Alan B » Nov 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Veida wrote:This is clearly false, judging from history. There were nations that became christian because the king or emperor became christian, and there were christian nations where it was in fact illegal for citizens to be anything other than christian.
My emphasis.
Even to the point of belonging to a different Christian sect. Protestants and Katlicks, anyone?
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Nebogipfel » Nov 13, 2013 1:09 pm

A common objection is that the full adoption of a biblical law order will lead to the
persecution of unbelievers. This objection is used to bring to mind a type of Christian
night and shot by a “Christian” gestapo or KGB. This image is totally false for a number of reasons.

Tell that to Giordano Bruno and Edmund Campion.
Once again, the only sensible approach is tentatively to reject the dragon hypothesis, to be open to future physical data, and to wonder what the cause might be that so many apparently sane and sober people share the same strange delusion
-- Carl Sagan
Nebogipfel

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby NineBerry » Nov 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:

night and shot by a “Christian” gestapo or KGB. This image is totally false for a number of reasons.

Tell that to Giordano Bruno and Edmund Campion.

They won't be rounded up in the middle of the night, but only during working hours. That's the Christian thing to do.
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

Return to Christianity