Talking to Christians about AGW

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Talking to Christians about AGW

#241  Postby Keep It Real » May 23, 2019 11:02 pm

:bump: I met a literal "senior" person who refused to take my promo/business XR card but said that he would "pray" for an end to global warming. Amusement factor - zero.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#242  Postby Hermit » May 23, 2019 11:51 pm

God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#243  Postby Cito di Pense » May 24, 2019 5:09 am

Hey, I'm doing something. I'm posting on the internet and telling anecdotes about what I do in my spare time. Ain't I speshul? No, I'm not. I eat frozen pizza for dinner some evenings and toss the box in the rubbish that goes to the incinerator. If I carefully watched my use of consumables that contribute to AGW, I'd not have time for all this internet posting.

Me, I didn't have kids. It's the best fucking thing I could think of to claim my dedication to preserving the environment, enough so to say, "my work here is done". Plus, I'm old. That's several decades now of the kids I didn't have, and what an impact I've made.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#244  Postby tuco » May 24, 2019 5:31 am

Perhaps, instead of post count and other means of propagating self-image, we should adopt an ecological footprint as indentifier. That should make "who is who" more transparent or?
tuco

Print view this post

#245  Postby Keep It Real » May 24, 2019 7:09 pm

I was credited by a Labour party councillor with "getting the ball rolling" in their devising and submitting a climate change motion next month, including but by no means limited to committing to net 0 carbon by 2030 for the city council's activities...what's the carbon offsetting magnitude of that, if any I wonder I might claim...bad KIR, shouldn't be wasting time on the net with pointless anecdotes, irresponsible spoilt waster, that I am, eh Cito.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#246  Postby tuco » May 24, 2019 7:27 pm

You can't really take Cito seriously. I don't think s/he takes her/himself seriously ;) Maybe sometimes, but it's hard to tell when.

gj man! It seems to me you got this thing going for you now. Keep it real.
tuco

Print view this post

#247  Postby Keep It Real » May 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Cheers. If you fling enough stuff some will adhere - that's me and AGW for the most part, bashing away - no real gift required methinks. I also have a lot of "spare time" which many do not.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#248  Postby Hermit » May 24, 2019 7:53 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Cheers. If you fling enough stuff some will adhere - that's me and AGW for the most part, bashing away - no real gift required methinks. I also have a lot of "spare time" which many do not.

Don't worry about Cito. Some people talk a lot because they like the sound of themselves talking. What they talk about they care not. This applies to him, except you need to substitute a couple of words. Cito likes the look of the posts he's typing. No, it doesn't matter what he types about. Just look how he despises filosifeezing. Strangely enough, the forum section he is most active in is 'Philosophy' (38.15% of all his posts). And how he loathes religion! How odd that the thread he is most active in is 'Historical Jesus' (10.00% of all his posts).
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#249  Postby Keep It Real » May 24, 2019 8:11 pm

I'd like a nice, concise/brief apology from him...in an ideal world. Perhaps he could grovel :roll: :lol:
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#250  Postby Hermit » May 24, 2019 8:50 pm

Keep It Real wrote:I'd like a nice, concise/brief apology from him...in an ideal world. Perhaps he could grovel :roll: :lol:

You'll be lucky to receive a belaboured pun or two surrounded by some oracular rambling.

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#251  Postby surreptitious57 » May 25, 2019 9:48 am

Keep It Real wrote:
Perhaps he could grovel

I misread that as Perhaps he could groove but I dont think he does
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#252  Postby Keep It Real » May 25, 2019 10:11 am

There was no butchery of your quote surr, so I'll wear a tentative grin - I reckon Cito probs is quite a groovy fellow : )
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#253  Postby Cito di Pense » May 25, 2019 11:02 am

Keep It Real wrote:I'd like a nice, concise/brief apology from him

What, pray tell, has offended you so? Is it just that I didn't paste a gold star on your forehead for all the good work you're doing helping to draft toothless resolutions to be brought up in your local council? Nothing melts a snowflake like turning the spotlight on itself.

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#254  Postby Keep It Real » May 25, 2019 11:11 am

What's offended me? That I respect your opinion of me. That.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#255  Postby Keep It Real » May 25, 2019 11:27 am

And if I withdraw that respect...you might well have a bad day, but you know what they say: omelettes and eggs.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#256  Postby Keep It Real » May 25, 2019 11:50 am

It is withdrawn. Thanks for that Cito, I might well have a bad day myself now.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#257  Postby Cito di Pense » May 25, 2019 11:58 am

Keep It Real wrote:What's offended me? That I respect your opinion of me. That.

Not sure I understand, yet. For what is (was) an apology desired?

Keep It Real wrote:I'd like a nice, concise/brief apology from him...

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#258  Postby Cito di Pense » May 25, 2019 12:04 pm

tuco wrote:Perhaps, instead of post count and other means of propagating self-image, we should adopt an ecological footprint as indentifier. That should make "who is who" more transparent or?

Search me, tuco. If you get off on a social environment where one can accumulate reputation points, perhaps you should hang out more at those sorts of joints, and hang out here a little less.

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#259  Postby Keep It Real » May 25, 2019 12:08 pm

FFS Cito - ask Hermit or something...he got it...something about you criticising my telling "anecdotes" and thinking myself "speshul" and a snowflake? Serious fuckage of idiot with a gold brick seems imminent...I just hope it's not me...
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#260  Postby tuco » May 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
tuco wrote:Perhaps, instead of post count and other means of propagating self-image, we should adopt an ecological footprint as indentifier. That should make "who is who" more transparent or?

Search me, tuco. If you get off on a social environment where one can accumulate reputation points, perhaps you should hang out more at those sorts of joints, and hang out here a little less.

I do not get off on it but it's inevitable to accumulate reputation points in any social environment because its how human work. But right you are, perhaps I should hang out less around here where my reputation points are in negative values ;)

So do I understand it correctly you are not in favor of having one's ecological footprint public? Are you afraid of a bad reputation?
tuco

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Christianity