The Bible doesn't say that

Matt Dillahunty

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

The Bible doesn't say that

#1  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 24, 2015 7:58 pm

I don't normally watch this guy, but this vid appeared on my suggested watching list and it's good advice even if it did get a bit waffley in the middle.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The Bible doesn't say that

#2  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 24, 2015 10:20 pm

I quite like TAE, not that it's perfect, but then nothing ever is.
Matt often acknolwedges that he's fallible and makes mistakes, he will even do so on the show when he realises he jumped the gun for example.
He's made other videos that are part of this Atheist Debates series, most of them dealing with common subjects and fallacies on both sides of the debate.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Moonwatcher » Jul 30, 2015 2:35 am

I just watched this and had thought of making a thread. Generally good advice about getting to the heart of the problem.
We're holograms projected by a scientist riding on the back of an elephant in a garden imagined by a goose in a snow globe on the mantel of a fireplace imagined in a book in the dreams of a child sleeping in his mother's lap.
Moonwatcher

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby John Platko » Jul 30, 2015 1:39 pm

I enjoyed that. I look forward to seeing how in ups the quality of Bible discussion around here. :thumbup:
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 30, 2015 2:05 pm

John Platko wrote:I enjoyed that. I look forward to seeing how in ups the quality of Bible discussion around here. :thumbup:

No matter how artful and experienced one is at wiggling one's hips, it still takes two to competently tango.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby John Platko » Jul 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
John Platko wrote:I enjoyed that. I look forward to seeing how in ups the quality of Bible discussion around here. :thumbup:

No matter how artful and experienced one is at wiggling one's hips, it still takes two to competently tango.

:thumbup:
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity