The Loving God

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The Loving God

#61  Postby Varangian » Dec 04, 2012 5:38 pm

The_Metatron wrote:You might explain to the mothers of Egypt just how fucking just that cunt of a god was. I'd love to hear that tap dance.

Apart for that not happening, God showed what an utter sadist he was, hardening the pharaoh's heart every time he was about to release the Israelis. More to the point, it shows what a barbarous culture it was who thought that it would be cool to worship a god like that. A genocidal, fascist bunch of desert goatshaggers. That their religion still is considered to be relevant shows that some people are just one action from reenacting the horrors in the Bible. God is loving. If you are a masochist.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#62  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Varangian wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:You might explain to the mothers of Egypt just how fucking just that cunt of a god was. I'd love to hear that tap dance.

Apart for that not happening, God showed what an utter sadist he was, hardening the pharaoh's heart every time he was about to release the Israelis. More to the point, it shows what a barbarous culture it was who thought that it would be cool to worship a god like that. A genocidal, fascist bunch of desert goatshaggers. That their religion still is considered to be relevant shows that some people are just one action from reenacting the horrors in the Bible. God is loving. If you are a masochist.

As far as that goes, none of the god shit in the bible happened. And, we see far too many instances of people taking that one action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#63  Postby LoneWolfEburg » Dec 04, 2012 6:36 pm

The Bible is consistent internally. It is when you line it up to our modern philosophies and ethics where we run into issues, but from a scholarly point of view, you cannot simply do that.

This is fine as far as anthropological point of view goes, but it contradicts the line "God was loving back then, and he's still loving today, and his morality is unchanging and doesn't depend upon fickle human conceptions of morality". In fact, the consequence of your argument is that if God who is described in the Bible exists today, he is either changing his morality according to the zeitgeist of the times, or is a complete moral anachronism. Few Christians would subscribe to that view.

So, the Bible may indeed be internally consistent, but its internal consistence doesn't mean anything good for modern Christians at all.
LoneWolfEburg

Russia (ru)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Moonwatcher » Dec 04, 2012 8:23 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Moonwatcher wrote:
willhud9 wrote:I personally think that the God according to the Bible is a just and loving God. But seeing how scientifically and historically, he cannot have existed since there is zero evidence to support his existence, I conclude that until evidence shows that results otherwise, he doesn't exist.

The Bible *asserts* that the God of the Bible is a just and loving god. Do you believe his actions are those of a just and loving entity?

I do not "believe" anything for said God does not exist.

However, if we look at everything from theology, the Bible, to whom God is, to what sin is, to God's sovereignty over all life and death, etc, etc. I would say in that context yes his actions are those of a just (you get what you deserve), loving (he cares and strives for you to repent, and takes care of you), strict (his way is narrow), and avenging (those who wrong him or his people will get punished) God. But that is from a biblical perspective, and what I know about Theology as a whole.

From my personal perspective, I cannot make a conclusion since out of that context we have post-enlightenment worldviews which are antithetical to many of the concepts found within the OT and NT, and from a purely historical and anthropological perspective it is also erroneous to label our post-enlightenment worldview has being better than that in 1000 BCE and 1st century CE. History and anthropology don't deal with better or worse, we deal with context and facts.

In the context of Christianity, taking everything in account, I find the character of God to be a just and loving God. You may disagree with me, and that's fine, but I am not making a leap of faith but rather am lining up that the Bible is rather consistent internally despite what popular opinion around here is.

First off, I am not applying modern Western morality and ethics to the people of thousands of years ago. When you look at, let's say, the later Old Testament, let alone the New, does what is moral behavior seem the same? If it does not, how can your friends who are believers not have any issues with that and yet also believe that their god is unchanging and that his morality is absolute?

I have occasionally met someone who believes and who will outright have no problem with the actions of the God of the Bible. But I seldom meet a believer who truly believes this god exists and believes all the theology about his being unchanging and absolute and still has no problem with the early Old Testament stuff because people on some level grasp the utter contradiction there.
We're holograms projected by a scientist riding on the back of an elephant in a garden imagined by a goose in a snow globe on the mantel of a fireplace imagined in a book in the dreams of a child sleeping in his mother's lap.
Moonwatcher

Male

Print view this post

#65  Postby Moonwatcher » Dec 04, 2012 8:48 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Scar wrote:The fact that ancient dimwits didn't think this stuff evil doesn't make us wrong in labelling it evil. It makes ancient dimwits evil due to not recognizing it.

and way to spit on ancient cultures. You come with your presupposition that our culture is vastly superior to an ancient one, and whether it is or is not is not the point. Cultures change, and perspectives change. But the character of God in Jewish texts, and in Christian texts remains a loving God. Place him in a post-enlightenment world, and we have a shift in opinion, his actions would not fly in today's world as just and loving and that is what I am trying to stress. When studying ancient literature, when studying ancient history for that matter, we cannot come to the table with our modern concepts of right and wrong, for those concepts will not be the same to the time period(s) we are observing. We cannot strip from the Bible it's historical context, where slavery was tolerated by the world (except you notice that slaves were to be released every 7 years in Jewish law and most slaves were indentured servants), where warfare and death penalties were very common, etc. within this context, God's actions are indeed shown as loving and just because in that worldview he is. The Bible is consistent internally. It is when you line it up to our modern philosophies and ethics where we run into issues, but from a scholarly point of view, you cannot simply do that.

I agree with you that we build on the backs and shoulders of past generations. People who attack past cultures for not having our morality have no perspective. It took thousands of years of social evolution to go from Bronze age morality to us.

One of my favorite episodes of the original Twilight Zone involved a modern (circa 1960) scientist building a time machine and bringing a man from the Old West, the 1880s, into his time. At one point, the scientist condemns the man for the things he had done in his life and the man makes a response that I will paraphrase: "I've known people like you all my life and you make me sick, self-righteous fools in your ivory towers that condemn me for choices I had to make in a world you don't live in. It looks to me like, in this time, there are ivory towers everywhere compared to where I lived and people like you who've never had to live anywhere else. This time period IS an ivory tower. If you had to live in my world for five minutes, you'd be the first one to shoot someone to survive or to stab someone because they had food and you were hungry. You're condemning me for making choices in a world you never had to live in."

I loved the speech although you have to admit that was one incredibly articulate uneducated cowboy. The writer fudged a bit to make the point.

So yes, it is ridiculous to judge the people of so long ago by our standards because, generation by generation, we built a better and more humane society, using what had been built before rather than starting from scratch every generation. Its sort of like standing on someone's shoulders and spitting on them for not seeing from your vantage point.

But again, when we are talking about the people of today who believe this god is unchanging and his morality is absolute AND they believe he was dictating morality to the people of that time and believers of all times, then its a different game. People of today who defend such morality are perhaps far worse than people of thousands of years ago because they have advantages those people never had. They have or should have a perspective those ancient people never had. They should be able to see how archaic and how changing this alleged god's morality really is.
We're holograms projected by a scientist riding on the back of an elephant in a garden imagined by a goose in a snow globe on the mantel of a fireplace imagined in a book in the dreams of a child sleeping in his mother's lap.
Moonwatcher

Male

Print view this post

#66  Postby Rumraket » Dec 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Moonwatcher wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
Scar wrote:The fact that ancient dimwits didn't think this stuff evil doesn't make us wrong in labelling it evil. It makes ancient dimwits evil due to not recognizing it.

and way to spit on ancient cultures. You come with your presupposition that our culture is vastly superior to an ancient one, and whether it is or is not is not the point. Cultures change, and perspectives change. But the character of God in Jewish texts, and in Christian texts remains a loving God. Place him in a post-enlightenment world, and we have a shift in opinion, his actions would not fly in today's world as just and loving and that is what I am trying to stress. When studying ancient literature, when studying ancient history for that matter, we cannot come to the table with our modern concepts of right and wrong, for those concepts will not be the same to the time period(s) we are observing. We cannot strip from the Bible it's historical context, where slavery was tolerated by the world (except you notice that slaves were to be released every 7 years in Jewish law and most slaves were indentured servants), where warfare and death penalties were very common, etc. within this context, God's actions are indeed shown as loving and just because in that worldview he is. The Bible is consistent internally. It is when you line it up to our modern philosophies and ethics where we run into issues, but from a scholarly point of view, you cannot simply do that.

I agree with you that we build on the backs and shoulders of past generations. People who attack past cultures for not having our morality have no perspective. It took thousands of years of social evolution to go from Bronze age morality to us.

One of my favorite episodes of the original Twilight Zone involved a modern (circa 1960) scientist building a time machine and bringing a man from the Old West, the 1880s, into his time. At one point, the scientist condemns the man for the things he had done in his life and the man makes a response that I will paraphrase: "I've known people like you all my life and you make me sick, self-righteous fools in your ivory towers that condemn me for choices I had to make in a world you don't live in. It looks to me like, in this time, there are ivory towers everywhere compared to where I lived and people like you who've never had to live anywhere else. This time period IS an ivory tower. If you had to live in my world for five minutes, you'd be the first one to shoot someone to survive or to stab someone because they had food and you were hungry. You're condemning me for making choices in a world you never had to live in."

Certainly a good point, but one which does not apply to an omnipotent god. God is not constrained by "harsh times" and having to make "tough choices" because of a lack of resources. Nothing that would force a human being to engage in the moral calculus of chosing between degrees of evil, because of a lack of personal power and wealth, is in any way going to hinder god from simply lessening the burdens on people(or refraining from his weird, sadistic tests and experiments with humans subjects all the time). But in the bible the stories are that god is the one actually constraining these people and forcing them to make the hard choices.

We're not talking about god having issues feeding humanity here because there was a long drought and half the cattle were killed to some virus or whatever. We're talking about god frequently being the one responsible for these things in the first place. His countless psychotic and sadistic experiments with his subject.

Why the fuck would god order someone to take other human beings as slaves, for example? Oh, they lack the manpower to do some kind of work? God can't solve that problem without slavery? What a fucking joke.

No. The god of the bible is a moral monster exactly because he can't be excused for not being able to do something because of the circumstances. And because he's frequently the architect of the tough circumstances the peoples in the bible find themselves in.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#67  Postby Moonwatcher » Dec 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Rumraket wrote:
Moonwatcher wrote:
willhud9 wrote:

Certainly a good point, but one which does not apply to an omnipotent god. God is not constrained by "harsh times" and having to make "tough choices" because of a lack of resources. Nothing that would force a human being to engage in the moral calculus of chosing between degrees of evil, because of a lack of personal power and wealth, is in any way going to hinder god from simply lessening the burdens on people(or refraining from his weird, sadistic tests and experiments with humans subjects all the time). But in the bible the stories are that god is the one actually constraining these people and forcing them to make the hard choices.

We're not talking about god having issues feeding humanity here because there was a long drought and half the cattle were killed to some virus or whatever. We're talking about god frequently being the one responsible for these things in the first place. His countless psychotic and sadistic experiments with his subject.

Why the fuck would god order someone to take other human beings as slaves, for example? Oh, they lack the manpower to do some kind of work? God can't solve that problem without slavery? What a fucking joke.

No. The god of the bible is a moral monster exactly because he can't be excused for not being able to do something because of the circumstances. And because he's frequently the architect of the tough circumstances the peoples in the bible find themselves in.

Absolutely. Which was my point in the last paragraph of the post. Someone who believes this god really exists and who doesn't question the morality is being extremely dishonest with themselves. Trying to ignore modern thought and knowledge is a game where you have to pretend you don't realize that this so-called god could have thought of better ways to do things and who is completely inconsistent with his claims about himself.

Of course, if you are just taking this as an ancient text written by men, its different. Even so, that the God of the Bible is good and loving by the standards of the people writing the Bible? Then they should think the same acts are good when others commit those acts against them. Did the biblical writers sing the virtues of the good and loving gods of the other people who enslaved them, destroyed their cities, slaughtered them by the thousands and killed their babies? Granted they did unto others more than was done unto them but still, the answer is apparently no. So gosh, I guess it was only only moral and good when they did it.

So its not that they never thought murdering children was bad. It was only not bad when they did it. So its not that they didn't grasp the immorality of certain things. It was just okay when it served their purposes.
Moonwatcher

Male

Print view this post

#68  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Moonwatcher wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
Moonwatcher wrote:
willhud9 wrote:I personally think that the God according to the Bible is a just and loving God. But seeing how scientifically and historically, he cannot have existed since there is zero evidence to support his existence, I conclude that until evidence shows that results otherwise, he doesn't exist.

The Bible *asserts* that the God of the Bible is a just and loving god. Do you believe his actions are those of a just and loving entity?

However, if we look at everything from theology, the Bible, to whom God is, to what sin is, to God's sovereignty over all life and death, etc, etc. I would say in that context yes his actions are those of a just (you get what you deserve), loving (he cares and strives for you to repent, and takes care of you), strict (his way is narrow), and avenging (those who wrong him or his people will get punished) God. But that is from a biblical perspective, and what I know about Theology as a whole.

From my personal perspective, I cannot make a conclusion since out of that context we have post-enlightenment worldviews which are antithetical to many of the concepts found within the OT and NT, and from a purely historical and anthropological perspective it is also erroneous to label our post-enlightenment worldview has being better than that in 1000 BCE and 1st century CE. History and anthropology don't deal with better or worse, we deal with context and facts.

In the context of Christianity, taking everything in account, I find the character of God to be a just and loving God. You may disagree with me, and that's fine, but I am not making a leap of faith but rather am lining up that the Bible is rather consistent internally despite what popular opinion around here is.

First off, I am not applying modern Western morality and ethics to the people of thousands of years ago.

:this: I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Buddhist who finds the god of the OT a good god, even back then.
Last edited by Thomas Eshuis on Dec 05, 2012 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#69  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Dec 05, 2012 1:24 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Moonwatcher wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
Moonwatcher wrote:

First off, I am not applying modern Western morality and ethics to the people of thousands of years ago.

:This: I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Buddhist who finds the god of the OT a good god, even back then.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a Buddhist who finds ANY god to be good.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#70  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 05, 2012 4:47 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Moonwatcher wrote:
willhud9 wrote:

:This: I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Buddhist who finds the god of the OT a good god, even back then.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a Buddhist who finds ANY god to be good.

Though Buddhism itself doesn't have a god, it's adherents can still evaluate the god ideas of other religions in accordance with their religious views. For example if there was a Buddha like god that wanted people to achieve enlightenment, I think they would consider that god a good god, even if they don't believe it exists.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#71  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Dec 05, 2012 5:35 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Moonwatcher wrote:

Though Buddhism itself doesn't have a god, it's adherents can still evaluate the god ideas of other religions in accordance with their religious views. For example if there was a Buddha like god that wanted people to achieve enlightenment, I think they would consider that god a good god, even if they don't believe it exists.

I guess you are right. People are irrational regardles of religion. But I think the idea of an intelligent god is abhorrent and counter to the Buddhist phylosophy in my opinion.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#72  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 05, 2012 5:42 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

I guess you are right. People are irrational regardles of religion. But I think the idea of an intelligent god is abhorrent and counter to the Buddhist phylosophy in my opinion.

I don't believe in any gods, doesn't stop me from evaluating and comparing the existing ideas/beliefs of gods.
Just like Ghandi, not a Christian, didn't stop him from saying: I like your Christ, but he's so unlike you Christians.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#73  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Dec 05, 2012 6:17 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

I don't believe in any gods, doesn't stop me from evaluating and comparing the existing ideas/beliefs of gods.
Just like Ghandi, not a Christian, didn't stop him from saying: I like your Christ, but he's so unlike you Christians.

Well Christ was not a god, and I don't think Ghandi considered him to be one, and from what I know of the man, he was not a practicing Buddhist. But the idea of an omnipotent all powerful god is an abomination to the Buddhist sensibilities of balance in nature. Such extremes are counter to it's philosophy and world view. There are no absolutes in Buddhism so there can be no God.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 05, 2012 6:23 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Well Christ was not a god,

Not claiming he was. Don't think Ghandi considered him the son of any god.
CdesignProponentsist wrote:and I don't think Ghandi considered him to be one,

As I said, never claimed that.
CdesignProponentsist wrote:and from what I know of the man, he was not a practicing Buddhist.

If anything he was a Hindu. I did mean to imply he was a Buddhist. Just an example of someone of a different religion judging a god or god like figure he doesn't believe in.
CdesignProponentsist wrote:But the idea of an omnipotent all powerful god is an abomination to the Buddhist sensibilities of balance in nature. Such extremes are counter to it's philosophy and world view. There are no absolutes in Buddhism so there can be no God.

Still not getting my point. I never claimed or insinuated Buddhist can believe in Gods, merely that they can judge the ideas of gods. Just like you and I can, without believing in any of them.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#75  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Dec 05, 2012 6:29 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

CdesignProponentsist wrote:and from what I know of the man, he was not a practicing Buddhist.

If anything he was a Hindu. I did mean to imply he was a Buddhist. Just an example of someone of a different religion judging a god or god like figure he doesn't believe in.
CdesignProponentsist wrote:But the idea of an omnipotent all powerful god is an abomination to the Buddhist sensibilities of balance in nature. Such extremes are counter to it's philosophy and world view. There are no absolutes in Buddhism so there can be no God.

Still not getting my point. I never claimed or insinuated Buddhist can believe in Gods, merely that they can judge the ideas of gods. Just like you and I can, without believing in any of them.

I get your point and agree. I'm just injecting my personal opinion on how Buddhism as a philosophy views the idea of theism.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#76  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

I get your point and agree. I'm just injecting my personal opinion on how Buddhism as a philosophy views the idea of theism.

I see. I agree with your assessment.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#77  Postby Stein » Dec 21, 2012 2:32 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

I see. I agree with your assessment.

And I partly don't agree. This is why: I've often thought it likely that the frequent assertion that "Buddha does not believe there is a god" stems from a Western and largely Christian attitude that any belief that does not swallow the notion that there is a God-Creator must automatically be equal to atheism. Back in the '50s, one could frequently encounter a dumbfounding incomprehension of just what an atheist is. One can even find that incomprehension in some old encyclopedias and dictionaries. Atheists will be .......... oh ............ people who are angry with God ........... or ........... people who question details in the prevailing theism of the time ............ or ........... people who rail at religion in very general terms, and blah-blah-blah-blah-blah. Rare indeed is the source that will say frankly and accurately that an atheist is someone who believes that any concept of a god is a made-up fable with no connection to reality, period.

This in turn has caused all sort of problems with respect to the Western pigeon-holing of Buddha that persists to this day. I've encountered both theists and atheists who are agape when I tell them that the earliest Buddha texts, like the sermons in the Digha-Nikaya, indicate clearly that Buddha did believe in gods. The response is often similar to the unreasoning incredulity, bordering on fury, with which many greet the correction that Hitler was no atheist but a brand of Christian. The notion that Hitler's an atheist is probably circulated because

A) Hitler criticized the altogether human and quiet and Jewish model of Jesus that responsible secular historians of today accept, preferring an Aryan Jesus from God who was out to destroy the Jews instead, and

B) Hitler as an atheist is a useful stick fundies use to beat up on atheists, even though Hitler was really an eccentric form of Christian all along.

I think the reason why I encounter the same near-fury when pointing out that Buddha too was no atheist is because the residue of total incomprehension on atheism ultimately spilled into mischaracterizing Buddha as one, purely because Buddha does not subscribe to the all-creating-all-knowing model of the Judeo-Christian tradition. True, Buddha doesn't. But he does make explicit reference in the earliest sermons to an enlightened soul knowing "both gods and men", and he explicitly terms Brahma as a god and as the apogee of ethical control. He also explicitly tweaks the noses of traditional Vedic believers by presenting Brahma as someone who is in ignorance of the nuts and bolts of cosmic creation but would very much like to know the answers himself!

It is impossible for many Christians to wrap their minds around the notion that such a limited Brahma is really a god at all. But Buddha does specify that this Brahma does exist, and exists in a dimension other than the three-dimensional level where humanity is found. That is already more than any real atheist would believe. By an atheist's lights, Buddha is no atheist. By a Christian's lights, Buddha may be one. Personally, I feel that it is as ludicrous to term Buddha an atheist as it is to term Homer one. They were both practicing polytheists.

Stein
Stein

United States (us)
Print view this post

#78  Postby Stein » Dec 21, 2012 2:34 am

The_Metatron wrote:It's amusing to me how Will claims to be atheist, yet still thinks there are simply no contradictions in the elected books of scribbling that collectively get called the bible.

I question his atheist street cred.

Are you suggesting he is a liar?

Stein
Stein

United States (us)
Print view this post

#79  Postby willhud9 » Dec 21, 2012 4:36 am

Stein wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:It's amusing to me how Will claims to be atheist, yet still thinks there are simply no contradictions in the elected books of scribbling that collectively get called the bible.

I question his atheist street cred.

Are you suggesting he is a liar?

Stein

It's not exactly like I can verify it. :dunno: I still attend church for social purposes, and I have very apologetic responses in relation to many themes of Christianity, so its an easy conclusion to make. The_Metatron is of course wrong, and it is not impossible nor un-atheist like to hold that for the most part the Bible is internally consistent. Yes, there are several places where there is clearly a clash of different opinions, but as someone who has been studying the Bible, its history, etc. for a period of 4 years now, I would safely make that conclusion. This being said having little contradictions does not mean its either factual, morally correct, or any plausible that there is an almighty God, etc. but to call them elected books of scribbling does the beautiful literature of the ancient Hebrew people a severe discredit. That's the equivalent of me calling the Epic of Gilgamesh as a pile of rubbish, or Greek mythology as nothing but horse radish.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#80  Postby Onyx8 » Dec 21, 2012 7:27 am

The bible is only internally consistent if you tie yourself in pretzels trying to make it so.

If you just read it without the belief to start with it makes absolutely no sense at all.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Christianity