The Prophecy of Israel

Information

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

The Prophecy of Israel

#1  Postby Passer » Jul 20, 2015 8:00 am

For me the prophecy of Israel (re inhabiting their land) represents one of the strongest evidences for the veracity of biblical claims to being inspired. I'd like to research this for myself, but if all I read are theist claims I'll get a skewed perspective.

To that end, does someone have a handy link to a site that attempts to debunk the Israel prophecy?

Thanks

EDIT: This is not baiting; I am genuinely interested in researching non believer's claims here. I did the same with the prophecy of Tyre.
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The Prophecy of Israel

#2  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 20, 2015 10:11 am

Passer wrote:For me the prophecy of Israel (re inhabiting their land) represents one of the strongest evidences for the veracity of biblical claims to being inspired. I'd like to research this for myself, but if all I read are theist claims I'll get a skewed perspective.

To that end, does someone have a handy link to a site that attempts to debunk the Israel prophecy?

Thanks

EDIT: This is not baiting; I am genuinely interested in researching non believer's claims here. I did the same with the prophecy of Tyre.

Well, first of all, it's not a prophecy. The Jews never left Israel.
Secondly most if not all of the biblical prophecies are either inherently vague, not actually prophecies but historical stories.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: The Prophecy of Israel

#3  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 20, 2015 10:16 am

Other points of note:
Jesus claimed the end of the earth and rapture would occur in the lifetime of his apostles.
Isreal has been a nation for quite some time now and still no Saviour has reappeared.
The Isreal prophecy, at least I'm assuming you're reffering to the OT one, is a Jewish prophecy.
Yet Isreal is still a Jewish, not Christian state, wit Jewish people. In other words, the Jews do not consider Jesus to be a real prophet or messiah in the first place, nor that he fufilled any of their prophecies.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity