The Trouble With The Poor

Catholic priest's astonishing attack on homeless

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

The Trouble With The Poor

#1  Postby trubble76 » Sep 09, 2013 10:28 am

An outspoken Catholic priest has launched an astonishing attack on the poor by labeling them 'lying, drug-abusing illegitimates'.

Father Ray Blake wrote a furious blog denouncing the homeless, in an online post titled, 'The Trouble With The Poor'.

He describes the poor as being 'lying and messy' people sent by God to test his faith.

Father Blake goes on to claim that one homeless man who regularly turned up at his church pleading for money was 'an irritating little bastard'.

He accused the beggar of making a mess of his prayers as he passed his cap around his congregation looking for cash.

The controversial Catholic cleric said: 'The trouble with the poor is that they are messy.

Continues here.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The Trouble With The Poor

#2  Postby chairman bill » Sep 09, 2013 10:30 am

What a dickhead. No dount he'll be informing ToryDem government policy on poverty - he's clearly 'on messsage'
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Mazille » Sep 09, 2013 10:42 am

- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#4  Postby babel » Sep 09, 2013 10:48 am

No true christian...
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#5  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 09, 2013 11:46 am

babel wrote:No true christian...

The end of the article.......
A spokesperson for the Catholic Church said Father Blake's blog was an independent post which was not representative of the Church's views.

What a counfounded nuisance these selfish poor must be to his freeloading existence. He even accuses them of telling lies to get money for fuck's sake. "Hello there Mr Kettle, bit erm black aren't we".
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#6  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 09, 2013 12:03 pm

You would think if the church didn't agree with his views they would tell him to get the fuck out and make his own religion and stop mudding up theirs. Its what I would do to protect my religious group if I had one.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Animavore » Sep 09, 2013 12:09 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:You would think if the church didn't agree with his views they would tell him to get the fuck out and make his own religion and stop mudding up theirs. Its what I would do to protect my religious group if I had one.

Well priests certainly get suspended for their views.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Flannery#

And even censored by the Vatican.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fr ... 23747.html
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Mazille » Sep 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Animavore wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:You would think if the church didn't agree with his views they would tell him to get the fuck out and make his own religion and stop mudding up theirs. Its what I would do to protect my religious group if I had one.

Well priests certainly get suspended for their views.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Flannery#

And even censored by the Vatican.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fr ... 23747.html

Yes, but only if it turns out you have nothing against the gays or women. Or sex with legal adults.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#9  Postby laklak » Sep 09, 2013 2:28 pm

American homeless should be offered the choice of being eaten or moving to Somalia, where they would be wealthy.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Sep 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Well some Cat-licks are child abusers, and this guy wants the final solution to the great unwashed...I guess it is a case of "...he who has no sin, may cast the first stone". I guess they all felt guilty about something, so nothing was done.
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#11  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Wonder how long it'll take for this piece of singing from the Dominionist hymn sheet to become official church doctrine?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Ironclad » Sep 09, 2013 7:43 pm

monkeyboy wrote:He even accuses them of telling lies to get money for fuck's sake. "Hello there Mr Kettle, bit erm black aren't we".

Nail, head. :thumbup:

Also..
The priest ends his blog: 'The message of the Gospels seems to be to let the poor into it to mess it up a little.'

Mother. of. gad. :?
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Sep 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, poor people and gold candlesticks don't mix, clearly one has to go......and the Christian answer to this is??....:-)
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#14  Postby Alan B » Sep 10, 2013 10:05 am

Mmmm! "Blessed are the poor..."

Some Christian!
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Sep 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Alan B wrote:Mmmm! "Blessed are the poor..."

Some Christian!

..for they shall inherit the earth [they actually mean soil] in the face as a preist's boot cicks them out.
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby physalis17 » Sep 13, 2013 9:05 am

"It is clear from the New Testament that they all expected the Second Coming in their own lifetime. And, worse still, they had a reason, and one which you will find very embarrassing. Their Master had told them so."

-C.S. Lewis
physalis17

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity