We Need God In America Again

Boring video of the day

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

We Need God In America Again

#1  Postby DoctorE » Jun 08, 2015 9:11 am

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: We Need God In America Again

#2  Postby Alan B » Jun 08, 2015 10:07 am

What an annoying fucking screechy voice.

What they need (and the World) is less God in America!
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Blackadder » Jun 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Which God?

The Mespotamian god Erra would be a good one for these fucktards to wrestle with.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jun 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Blackadder wrote:Which God?

The Mespotamian god Erra would be a good one for these fucktards to wrestle with.

Well, when they invent a time machine I vote that all these good people of god get transported back to the early middle ages. Lotsa magik there for them. Their cups will runneth over with magic. :lol: :lol:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » Jun 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Moloch,, Baal-Hadad, Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth, you pays your money and you takes your choice.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#6  Postby BlackBart » Jun 08, 2015 3:57 pm

You forgot Zuul.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Oldskeptic » Jun 09, 2015 3:25 am

Just one more Christian zealot that has no understanding of early American history. She can repeat the phrase "liberty and justice for all" but ignores or is unaware of the fact that most of those that put their signature to this were slave holders.

She cites Patrick Henry as saying, "Give me liberty or give me death," but seems to ignore or be unaware that at the same time Henry was giving his speech he was building a plantation and buying slaves. "Give me liberty or give me death" did not apply to anyone other than Henry himself and his well off planter friends. People like Washington and Jefferson.

Likewise this commitment to liberty by "founding fathers" did not apply to native Americans any more than it did to African Americans or the common man in the colonies. "Liberty and justice for all" meant liberty for men of property and justice for them. Everyone else be damned.

The common person gained nothing by the American Revolution. They were no better or worse off otceher than thinking they were free of something that never really affected them. The rights of a common man, let alone those of slaves or native American, were not changed or improved by the Declaration of Independence or the ratification of the Constitution.

We only have to look at England itself, Canada, and Australia to see that the American revolution was for nothing other than personal gain by a few.

The English Bill of Rights of 1689 had already established most of the rights of common people that the Constitution of the United States enumerated.

This deluded girl seems also, like many Christians, to be unaware that the term, "One nation under God," is a recent invention never utter by any founding father.

I find it amusing that this girl says that astrology won't save you and there are no answers in the stars, you only have to look to the creator of the stars for answers.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Alan B » Jun 09, 2015 11:08 am

A pedantic point.

This not very knowledgeable Christian girl was talking about the Abrahamic "God" - captilised 'G'. All others so far mentioned belong to the "god" category. :snooty:

Edit. Not that it really matters much - it's all bullshit, an invention of the delusional mind.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Animavore » Jun 09, 2015 1:53 pm

I thought God was already everywhere.

:dunno:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Alan B » Jun 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Details, details! :whistle:
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 09, 2015 4:07 pm

I looked behind the cupboard he was not there.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Alan B » Jun 09, 2015 4:49 pm

You've got to be carrying a Cross and say magick words from the Bible. :snooty:
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Evolving » Jun 09, 2015 6:47 pm

lol_cat_jesus.jpg
lol_cat_jesus.jpg (16.2 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#14  Postby DanDare » Jun 10, 2015 11:33 am

Darwinsbulldog wrote:
Blackadder wrote:Which God?

Well, when they invent a time machine I vote that all these good people of god get transported back to the early middle ages. Lotsa magik there for them. Their cups will runneth over with magic. :lol: :lol:

Oh so that's what happened. Damn. :doh:
Atheist. Ozzie.
Strange Flight
DanDare
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15  Postby dustnite » Jun 11, 2015 12:20 am

"Thomas Jefferson put bibles in the classroom"

Stop reading David Barton you vapid, shrill, fractally wrong, koolaid drinking muppet...
dustnite

Name: Bryan

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Matthew Shute » Jun 11, 2015 9:24 am

With only half the population rejecting the unholy notion that humans evolved, Murica just ain't Gawdly enough!
:teef:
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Return to Christianity