Why can't Christians just forgive and forget

Without fucking whining on and on and on and on and on and on

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Why can't Christians just forgive and forget

#1  Postby monkeyboy » Apr 13, 2017 4:24 pm

The whinging fuckers are getting all pissy and pious because Tesco, a supermarket, announced that due their great offers on beer and cider, Good Friday just got better. Before that it was blathering on because Cadbury didn't mention Easter in their TV advert. So they got offended? Why can't they just forgive people who trespass against them like Jeebus said in his prayer? Why do they have to fucking whine all the time. I'm not fucking interested in what easter is about like shit tons of other people. It's a couple extra public holidays, a bit of disruption to traffic and shop opening hours but most of all, it's another excuse for a party weekend and more chocolate. If beer's on offer, I want to know about it. Heard all that crucifixion shit before, not interested but if there's cut price ale, get the posters up.
The other thing the silly cunts have achieved by their bleating is for Tesco to be able to withdraw the ad and have it upgraded for free to a news item, still attracting publicity for them for free. Result for Tesco. Own goal for Christian whingers who just come across as, well whinging, maungy fuckers.

news story about grizzling, moaning, humourless, toss as twatting on about their sensitivities getting all butthurt by a beer advert here
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Why can't Christians just forgive and forget

#2  Postby BlackBart » Apr 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Yup. Off to Tesco for a few bottles of Doom Bar to celebrate Nail up a hippy day. :cheers:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Alan B » Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm

It's because the stoopid Christians haven't a clue what their Jesus was teaching when he said "turn the other cheek".

Same goes for the Muslims who claim Jesus is a major prophet - Isa. Sod "turn the other cheek", kill the unbelievers.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby crank » Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Why doesn't Tesco use zombies in their ads? That'll tweak the nutters even more. Maybe save it for next year, and more free advertizing.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5  Postby monkeyboy » Apr 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Or for shits and giggles, they could put a pint in Brian Cohen's hand whilst he's up on the cross as he's reacting to Reg's sacrifice speech.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#6  Postby laklak » Apr 13, 2017 6:32 pm

It's a War on Easter, I tell you! They're being OPPRESSED! Call the Waaaaaaaambulance!
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Thommo » Apr 13, 2017 6:47 pm

It's fucking stupid and I'm going to ignore it. None of the Christians I actually know behave this way.
Thommo

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby crank » Apr 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Their resentment has been brewing for years.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#9  Postby laklak » Apr 13, 2017 7:33 pm

It's getting them all hopped up.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Matthew Shute » Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Vicar and broadcaster, the Reverend Richard Coles, said the advert was "extraordinarily and unnecessarily ignorant".

This sort of pathetic whimpering never changes much. In this context, "Ignorant" just means "not being reverential about muh beliefs, not treating them as your sacred cows too". The Rev could've just called the advert irreverent. I guess that would've been too charitable, though. Forgive them? Exemplify charity? What do you think he is, some sort of Christian?
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 13, 2017 7:45 pm

They feel their beliefs are shakey; vulnerable. They need to get with the non-realist program! The they could have strength of heart that their faith is logically consistent and strong! I can see why they don't want it associated with beer, however.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#12  Postby TopCat » Apr 13, 2017 8:16 pm

I was about to start a thread on this, but this'll do.

It's not the Christians that this should be about. It's the fucking wimpish "oh we mustn't offend anyone" brigade; this time it's Tesco, but tomorrow it'll be some other bunch of spineless wankers.

And you know bloody well that they don't actually give a shit, they're just slightly concerned that their takings might suffer a little, so they're all over it with the pseudo-apologetic "we didn't mean to offend" back-pedalling.

Fuck off with the special pleading, and fuck off to those that pander to the special pleaders.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Blackadder » Apr 13, 2017 9:08 pm

I'd love it if Tesco grew some balls and told the whinging Pagan festival thieves to go fuck themselves.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Bubalus » Apr 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Competing with a certain other religion, which will not be mocked
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” -Stephen Hawking‏
Bubalus

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Dark energy » Apr 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Alan B wrote:It's because the stoopid Christians haven't a clue what their Jesus was teaching when he said "turn the other cheek".

Same goes for the Muslims who claim Jesus is a major prophet - Isa. Sod "turn the other cheek", kill the unbelievers.

Two things
There is no way to verify jesus said "turn the other cheek" or the whole bible for that matter.

Koran never said "Kill the unbelievers",what is said was "Fight against the unbeliever",this command is specific to that time in which minority Muslims were prosecuted by Meccan Pagans and polytheists .
And."
Dark energy

Name: dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby monkeyboy » Apr 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Dark energy wrote:
Alan B wrote:It's because the stoopid Christians haven't a clue what their Jesus was teaching when he said "turn the other cheek".

Two things
There is no way to verify jesus said "turn the other cheek" or the whole bible for that matter.

Koran never said "Kill the unbelievers",what is said was "Fight against the unbeliever",this command is specific to that time in which minority Muslims were prosecuted by Meccan Pagans and polytheists .

There's also no way to verify the illiterate child rapist ever said that either. It's just oral tradition written down many years after he allegedly flew off on a winged horse :crazy:
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Dark energy » Apr 14, 2017 12:42 am

monkeyboy wrote:
Dark energy wrote:

Two things

There's also no way to verify the illiterate child rapist ever said that either. It's just oral tradition written down many years after he allegedly flew off on a winged horse :crazy:

illiterate isnt an insult,the fact that an illiterate man can come up with a masterpiece like the Koran speaks volumes.
i have seen the C.R label thrown around in these forums but i see nothing wrong in that halal marriage,it can be easily justified.

The marriage happened 1400 ago, not today. At that time, their marriage was not considered unusual and the proof is that the enemies of Muslims at that time did not criticize this marriage. They attacked prophet Mohammad on many issues, yet they didn't criticize his marriage to Aisha.
And."
Dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Thommo » Apr 14, 2017 12:55 am

Dark energy wrote:illiterate isnt an insult,the fact that an illiterate man can come up with a masterpiece like the Koran speaks volumes.

Is that a fact? Are you sure Muslims don't believe that God came up with the Koran, but left the actual writing to scribes shortly after Mohammed's death?

Dark energy wrote:i have seen the C.R label thrown around in these forums but i see nothing wrong in that halal marriage,it can be easily justified.

Oh, well, I guess child rape is fine then. And this has no implications at all for the eternal and infallible divine revelation of Allah as revealed in the Koran through his messenger Mohammed then.
Thommo

Print view this post

#19  Postby SafeAsMilk » Apr 14, 2017 1:12 am

Thommo wrote:
Dark energy wrote:illiterate isnt an insult,the fact that an illiterate man can come up with a masterpiece like the Koran speaks volumes.

Is that a fact? Are you sure Muslims don't believe that God came up with the Koran, but left the actual writing to scribes shortly after Mohammed's death?

Do you also detect the faint whiff of hosiery?

Dark energy wrote:i have seen the C.R label thrown around in these forums but i see nothing wrong in that halal marriage,it can be easily justified.

Oh, well, I guess child rape is fine then. And this has no implications at all for the eternal and infallible divine revelation of Allah as revealed in the Koran through his messenger Mohammed then.

I don't know about you, but I always get my morals from a time and tradition where raping children was totally cool.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Dark energy » Apr 14, 2017 3:42 am

if mo was a writer,poet etc,people would easily dismiss his claims and say he was a learned person,but everybody knew he couldnt read and write,yet he came up with a complete book full of eloquence,rare style and full of signs.the only way he could do that was through revelations by god.

[/quote]

you have to understand,1400 was a long time,people matured fast.9 year old at that time is equivalent to 18 years of modern age.
And."
Dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Christianity