JFK Assassination

Lone shooter or conspiracy?

Discussions on 9/11, moon landing etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: JFK Assassination

#541  Postby proudfootz » Oct 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:JFK Assassination Records - 2017 Additional Documents Release

The National Archives and Records Administration is releasing documents previously withheld in accordance with the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. The vast majority of the Collection (88%) has been open in full and released to the public since the late 1990s. The records at issue are documents previously identified as assassination records, but withheld in full or withheld in part. Learn more

This July release consists of 3,810 documents, including 441 formerly withheld-in-full documents and 3,369 documents formerly released with portions redacted. The documents originate from FBI and CIA series identified by the Assassination Records Review Board as assassination records. More releases will follow.

To view the entire file, you may visit the National Archives at College Park and request access to the original records.

I had a peek at a couple. I just wonder who is going to read them? I dont envy them.

Yes, it's going to be mostly people interested in history, politics, and stuff like that. No need to worry about them.

Those who prefer Pokemon Go, American Idol, and other things won't be bothered. :cheers:
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#542  Postby Bubalus » Oct 26, 2017 6:06 pm

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” -Stephen Hawking‏
Bubalus

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#543  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Here's where you can get them when they're posted: The President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#544  Postby John Platko » Oct 26, 2017 9:15 pm

I generally go here for updates of what's happening on the JFK front. Jefferson Morley runs the website and he's a legit journalist. He doesn't push a specific theory and he's done some really good research on how the top level CIA people were monitoring Oswald shortly before the assassination.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#545  Postby John Platko » Oct 27, 2017 2:36 am

A bit disappointing but perhaps some of the people involved are still alive and if they were associated with US Intelligence and there's no reason to believe they did anything wrong then they should be protected.

from
But Trump delayed the release of the remaining files after last-minute appeals from the CIA and FBI. Trump cited "potentially irreversible harm" to national security if he were to allow all the records out now and placed those files under a six-month review. Officials say Trump will impress upon federal agencies that JFK files should stay secret after the six-month review "only in the rarest cases."
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#546  Postby proudfootz » Oct 27, 2017 10:00 am

I suppose details about the Cold War activities conducted by the US and its agents might harm the reputation of the US and its agents.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#547  Postby John Platko » Oct 27, 2017 12:29 pm

proudfootz wrote:I suppose details about the Cold War activities conducted by the US and its agents might harm the reputation of the US and its agents.

:lol:

Yes, it's always safest to go with an honest excuse.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#548  Postby DavidMcC » Oct 27, 2017 1:09 pm

As any good Red Dwarfer knows, JFK shot himself - he was both in the car AND the man behind the grassy knoll! :nod:
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#549  Postby proudfootz » Oct 27, 2017 1:13 pm

The funny thing is that for a guy who supposedly had no connections with the FBI or the CIA or any other clandestine governmental institutions, an open and honest release of documents about him are so sensitive they might never be revealed due to 'national security' concerns.
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#550  Postby John Platko » Oct 27, 2017 1:34 pm

proudfootz wrote:The funny thing is that for a guy who supposedly had no connections with the FBI or the CIA or any other clandestine governmental institutions, an open and honest release of documents about him are so sensitive they might never be revealed due to 'national security' concerns.

And don't forget how easy it was for this unconnected guy to bring us to the brink of nuclear war.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#551  Postby DavidMcC » Oct 27, 2017 1:38 pm

In a way, JFK was a victim mainly of the historic lack of gun control in the US - a lack which can only be exacerbated by the current president.
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#552  Postby aliihsanasl » Oct 27, 2017 8:44 pm

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/jfk-fi ... ct-oswald/

The latest document release from the federal government’s records on the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy is raising new questions about what contact the FBI had with suspect Lee Harvey Oswald before the shooting, and why officials claim Kennedy’s successor referred to his murder as “Justice.”
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#553  Postby proudfootz » Oct 27, 2017 9:43 pm

aliihsanasl wrote:http://thefreethoughtproject.com/jfk-files-raise-questions-fbi-contact-oswald/

The latest document release from the federal government’s records on the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy is raising new questions about what contact the FBI had with suspect Lee Harvey Oswald before the shooting, and why officials claim Kennedy’s successor referred to his murder as “Justice.”

It is well known among JFK scholars that there was some kind of relationship between Oswald and the FBI (even if casual observers are ignorant of this). Oswald is known to have confronted an FBI agent about alleged harassment of his wife Marina.

Oswald left a note for the interfering agent, but this note was destroyed when Oswald was named as the suspect in the JFK murder.

In 1975, the allegation surfaced that the FBI had destroyed a note delivered to it by Lee Harvey Oswald, just one or two weeks prior to the assassination of President Kennedy. An internal FBI investigation failed to find any records relating to this, but interviews of Dallas Field Office personnel established that an Oswald visit and note dropoff had occurred.

The House Judiciary Committee heard testimony from several relevant witnesses, as did the contemporaneous Church Committee. The results of this were:

* Oswald definitely did visit the Dallas Field Office a week to two weeks prior to the assassination, looking for Agent Hosty, who had recently visited his wife Marina.
* When told that Hosty was not in, Oswald left a note in an envelope which was unsealed.
* The note contained some sort of threat, but accounts varied widely as to whether Oswald threatened to "blow up the FBI" or merely "report this to higher authorities."
* Within hours after Oswald's murder on 24 Nov 1963, Hosty destroyed the note and a memorandum which Special-Agent-in-Charge Gordon Shanklin had ordered written on November 22.

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Destr ... _Note.html
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#554  Postby John Platko » Oct 28, 2017 2:34 am

Here's the testimony of the receptionist who Oswald gave the note to.

:scratch: I seem to recall she also gave a testimony to someone who came to her house while she was recovering from an operation.

My take on the note is that it said something like: I'll blow the lid off the FBI and the Dallas Police, meaning he would make public their illegal activities if they didn't leave his wife alone.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#555  Postby proudfootz » Oct 28, 2017 9:49 am

We'll never know for sure.
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#556  Postby John Platko » Oct 28, 2017 12:44 pm

proudfootz wrote:We'll never know for sure.

We'll never know. That's what happens when the authorities don't think the rules work for them to.

Some think Oswald was warning Hosty about a plot. I think that's the angle Stone went for in JFK. And that could be true and even then Oswald could have still killed JFK - or not. :dunno:
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#557  Postby DavidMcC » Oct 28, 2017 4:42 pm

My take on the assaination of JFK is that he had enemies in high places, who felt threatened by his championing of racial equality, etc.
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#558  Postby DavidMcC » Oct 28, 2017 4:43 pm

My take on the assaination of JFK is that he (JFK, not Oswald) had enemies in high places, who felt threatened by his championing of racial equality, etc.
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#559  Postby John Platko » Oct 28, 2017 5:25 pm

DavidMcC wrote:My take on the assaination of JFK is that he had enemies in high places, who felt threatened by his championing of racial equality, etc.

I don't see how anyone could deny those enemies. And we can learn about some of them from the MLK assassination. Do you have a flushed out theory?

On the other hand, the evidence is pretty clear that Oswald was not a racist. He was a rather progressive man for a southerner living in the south in the 50s and 60s. I certainly see no reason to believe Oswald would have killed JFK for racist reasons.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#560  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Why did he buy the rifle? Why was the rifle he bought hidden behind boxes in the book suppository? Who put it there? Who fired it?

Sent from my completely solar powered iPad using Tapatalk
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracy Theories