Sockpuppet & Web-bot infested Honeytrap?

Discussions on 9/11, moon landing etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Sockpuppet & Web-bot infested Honeytrap?

#1  Postby Galaxian » Mar 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Well done RatSkep. Congratulations on becoming, within a few short weeks, as suffocating, officious, & regulated as RDF morphed into in its final few months.
Far from being the "Clear Thinking Oasis" which RDF began as, only to become a polluted Black Lagoon, RatSkep appears to pride itself in being "The wee timorous beastie that crawled out of the black lagoon".
I sometimes wonder if the very rapid launch of this forum was due to higher powers. Not of the Divine kind, but of the National Security Agency kind....A sort of 'honeypot' or 'honeytrap', to attract the old guard of RDF, & the constant drizzle of miscreants, liberationists, anarchists, freethinkers & truthers of all kinds. Those freedom seeking people who are a thorn in the side of all despotisms & psychopaths.
As the Chinese sage said; "hold your friends close.....but hold your enemies closer"

After a suspension of 6 months Galaxian is back. My presence was mainly on the 9/11 thread. Because that thread is emblematic of the dumbing down of society. Of how smoke & mirrors, spin, & cheap conjurer distractions & disinformation can be used by malevolent authorities to make otherwise reasonable people brain-dead. Of how this society has now been so domesticated & tamed that most people are afraid to inquire into the reality of things. Of how that repression is so successful that a considerable number even adopt the position of their overlords, in a macabre version of the "Stockholm Syndrome".

But, as with most political things, we cannot know for certain whether RationalSkepticism is a cruel trick foisted on us by manipulative organizations or a truly well-meaning forum. But what is clear is that it has been hijacked by intelligence organizations, as many such sites have been.

To begin with; contentious, dangerous topics, such as the 9/11 thread, are relegated to the backwaters of the forum where few are likely to see them. They're even mocked by the administrators; a smug pre-judgement & declaration of how the glitterati view the subject. For example, the 9/11 thread gets double whammy in that it is placed in the "Conspiracy Theory" board. Itself a subset of the "General Debunking" board. So the prejudiced POV of the Forum's governing body is already made clear" "Hey, members, this is a derision free-for-all, do your worst!" This lamentable lack of open-minded truth seeking is further reinforced by the biased moderation, where on nearly every page the trolling & insults of the RatSkep RatBags is ignored by the moderators, or at best simply tut-tutted, while the merest anger shown by the Truthers is punished by formal cautions & suspension.

It gets worse. We have several sock-puppets on the forum. Not merely sock-puppets of a banned member, but sock-puppets of one member operating under several names at the same time. Sometimes even posting on the same page with two or more identities. The resources of the forum cannot detect masking of multiple membership by one disinformation agent.

To add insult to injury, we also have artificial intelligence web-bots as members. The Turing test has now almost been passed by AI programs when quizzed in general, wide ranging, conversation. When the scope of the test is restricted to a topic such as 9/11, the Turing test is much easier to pass. Thus there are now members of this forum, as well as others, that are not even human beings, but computers programmed to ridicule other members & generally play the buffoon in order to demoralize any opposition to official propaganda, such as about 9/11. Again, even assuming that this forum is a genuine sincere attempt at the free exchange of thought, it would be impossible for its technical staff to discover which members are human & which are machines. :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment_Sam Nejad

To know who rules over you find out who you are not allowed to criticize. -Voltaire
Galaxian
Banned User

Print view this post

Re: Sockpuppet & Web-bot infested Honeytrap?

#2  Postby Scar » Mar 22, 2011 12:53 pm

OH noes people do not agree with your nutty conspiracy theories, they must all be brainwashed sheep and robots, manipulated by the evil forum overlords.

Please go seek your mommy's shoulder if you need to cry and stop bothering us.
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Crocodile Gandhi » Mar 22, 2011 1:06 pm

So the idea that the US Government hatched a secret plan to kill thousands of its own citizens and start two wars then engage in a worldwide coverup is not a conspiracy theory? How bizarre.
If I believe in heaven I deny myself a death. Dying keeps me conscious of the way I waste my breath - Cosmo Jarvis
Crocodile Gandhi
RS Donator

Name: Dave
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby BlackBart » Mar 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Scar wrote:OH noes people do not agree with your nutty conspiracy theories, they must all be brainwashed sheep and robots, manipulated by the evil forum overlords.

Please go seek your mommy's shoulder if you need to cry and stop bothering us.

Ah. The Scar 9000 web-bot... Old tech. Very easy to beat, just put it in a logic loop...

Here, read this...

"Everything I say is a lie, including this."
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby babel » Mar 22, 2011 1:07 pm

So you see not only an international scheming behind the 9/11 attacks, including your own government, but now you think they actually set up this website so agents of said government can silence/channel any criticism?

I bet they are watching you right now too.
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#6  Postby CookieJon » Mar 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Galaxian wrote:Well done RatSkep. Congratulations on becoming, within a few short weeks, as suffocating, officious, & regulated as RDF morphed into in its final few months.
Far from being the "Clear Thinking Oasis" which RDF began as, only to become a polluted Black Lagoon, RatSkep appears to pride itself in being "The wee timorous beastie that crawled out of the black lagoon".
I sometimes wonder if the very rapid launch of this forum was due to higher powers. Not of the Divine kind, but of the National Security Agency kind....A sort of 'honeypot' or 'honeytrap', to attract the old guard of RDF, & the constant drizzle of miscreants, liberationists, anarchists, freethinkers & truthers of all kinds. Those freedom seeking people who are a thorn in the side of all despotisms & psychopaths.
As the Chinese sage said; "hold your friends close.....but hold your enemies closer"

After a suspension of 6 months Galaxian is back. My presence was mainly on the 9/11 thread. Because that thread is emblematic of the dumbing down of society. Of how smoke & mirrors, spin, & cheap conjurer distractions & disinformation can be used by malevolent authorities to make otherwise reasonable people brain-dead. Of how this society has now been so domesticated & tamed that most people are afraid to inquire into the reality of things. Of how that repression is so successful that a considerable number even adopt the position of their overlords, in a macabre version of the "Stockholm Syndrome".

But, as with most political things, we cannot know for certain whether RationalSkepticism is a cruel trick foisted on us by manipulative organizations or a truly well-meaning forum. But what is clear is that it has been hijacked by intelligence organizations, as many such sites have been.

To begin with; contentious, dangerous topics, such as the 9/11 thread, are relegated to the backwaters of the forum where few are likely to see them. They're even mocked by the administrators; a smug pre-judgement & declaration of how the glitterati view the subject. For example, the 9/11 thread gets double whammy in that it is placed in the "Conspiracy Theory" board. Itself a subset of the "General Debunking" board. So the prejudiced POV of the Forum's governing body is already made clear" "Hey, members, this is a derision free-for-all, do your worst!" This lamentable lack of open-minded truth seeking is further reinforced by the biased moderation, where on nearly every page the trolling & insults of the RatSkep RatBags is ignored by the moderators, or at best simply tut-tutted, while the merest anger shown by the Truthers is punished by formal cautions & suspension.

It gets worse. We have several sock-puppets on the forum. Not merely sock-puppets of a banned member, but sock-puppets of one member operating under several names at the same time. Sometimes even posting on the same page with two or more identities. The resources of the forum cannot detect masking of multiple membership by one disinformation agent.

To add insult to injury, we also have artificial intelligence web-bots as members. The Turing test has now almost been passed by AI programs when quizzed in general, wide ranging, conversation. When the scope of the test is restricted to a topic such as 9/11, the Turing test is much easier to pass. Thus there are now members of this forum, as well as others, that are not even human beings, but computers programmed to ridicule other members & generally play the buffoon in order to demoralize any opposition to official propaganda, such as about 9/11. Again, even assuming that this forum is a genuine sincere attempt at the free exchange of thought, it would be impossible for its technical staff to discover which members are human & which are machines. :coffee:

Okay.

Galaxian is back

Why?
CookieJon
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Bribase » Mar 22, 2011 1:13 pm

:popcorn:

Just bookmarking since I have not received my directives as to what to write next.
Bribase

Male

Print view this post

#8  Postby tnjrp » Mar 22, 2011 1:17 pm

CookieJon wrote:
Galaxian is back

Why?
The pertinent question would be, "for how long?"
:popcorn:
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Matt_B » Mar 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Welcome back.

Shall we start a book on when the next ban will come?
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#10  Postby trubble76 » Mar 22, 2011 1:18 pm

I tried to think of a more high-brow response, but this was the best I could manage at short notice;

LOL

:tinfoil:
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby stijndeloose » Mar 22, 2011 1:22 pm

What is this? :scratch:
Fallible wrote:Don't bacon picnic.
stijndeloose
Banned User

Name: Stdlnjo
Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#12  Postby babel » Mar 22, 2011 1:25 pm

stijndeloose wrote:What is this? :scratch:

I see the incompetence and ignorance for government personnel is still applicable in online honeytrap sites. :lol:
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#13  Postby stijndeloose » Mar 22, 2011 1:27 pm

babel wrote:
stijndeloose wrote:What is this? :scratch:

I see the incompetence and ignorance for government personnel is still applicable in online honeytrap sites. :lol:

Ai knowz nuffink. :whistle:
stijndeloose
Banned User

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#14  Postby tnjrp » Mar 22, 2011 1:30 pm

As far as I can tell, it's just a repeat of Galaxian's opinion of RDF, RatSkep and indeed probably any forum where his brand of paranoia woldview is not given instant credence and applause by all and sundry. I also seem to recall that according to him either (a) naïve or (b) stupid/flat-out-retarted or (c) on payroll of the powers that be (and I don't mean RatSkep adminstration).

In other words, it's nothing new really. HTH.
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Paul G » Mar 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Welcome back.
Paul G

Name: Beef Joint
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#16  Postby kiore » Mar 22, 2011 1:32 pm

@Galaxian, if you do think that some posters are operating multiple accounts in breach of the FUA, please report in the usual manner via the report button with you suspicions.
Folding@Home Team member.
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
kiore
Senior Moderator

Print view this post

#17  Postby Paul G » Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm

I like your mr burns as a ghost avatar btw.
Paul G

Name: Beef Joint
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#18  Postby stijndeloose » Mar 22, 2011 1:38 pm

This kitteh is guaranteed sock-free.

John
stijndeloose
Banned User

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#19  Postby BlackBart » Mar 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Personally, I welcome our evil forum overlords.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#20  Postby trubble76 » Mar 22, 2011 1:46 pm

stijndeloose wrote:This kitteh is guaranteed sock-free.

John

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Conspiracy Theories