"Twilight" Conspiracy Theory

Discussions on 9/11, moon landing etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: "Twilight" Conspiracy Theory

#21  Postby Nautilidae » Mar 31, 2010 5:25 am

Kytescall wrote:My firend saw the first film. He said it destroyed his soul.

He has the gift. He is able to see through the Illuminati messages. Tell him to use his gift for good and stop the Illuminati!
Mishakal wrote:
Soul? What's that?

You don't believe in souls? What foolishness. I'm guessing that you even deny the Illuminati? That's almost as ridiculous as denying the existence of God!
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Nautilidae » Mar 31, 2010 2:00 pm

locutus7 wrote:If anything is embedded, it is the mormon doctrine that the author admitted (sorry, I don't have a cite) influenced her writing of these novels. But she is open about that, so no conspiracy.

Are you telling the truth? Was she truly influenced by mormon doctrine?
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Mazille » Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm

The_Metatron wrote:Poor fellow.

Doesn't understand how little currency he has when he tells the assembled company on this forum that "This is as real as god" and "This is as legitimate as god."

Some advice there, nautilidae: As you may imagine, comparing your pet conspiracy theory to god does not give your presentation credibility here. In fact, you can be sure it harms it. Further, it's just bad form. If you've got something to show us that is supported by any sort of evidence (which apparently you don't), it should stand on its merit. Appeal to authority is not support.

I think your Poe-sensor is broken. You should have it checked. :whistle:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#24  Postby The_Metatron » Mar 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Mazille wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:Poor fellow.

Doesn't understand how little currency he has when he tells the assembled company on this forum that "This is as real as god" and "This is as legitimate as god."

Some advice there, nautilidae: As you may imagine, comparing your pet conspiracy theory to god does not give your presentation credibility here. In fact, you can be sure it harms it. Further, it's just bad form. If you've got something to show us that is supported by any sort of evidence (which apparently you don't), it should stand on its merit. Appeal to authority is not support.

I think your Poe-sensor is broken. You should have it checked. :whistle:

You might be right. I don't know this guy.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Luis Dias » Mar 31, 2010 2:11 pm

You forgot to include the expression somewhere in the beggining of the middle, "He then died".

For instance:

I am here today to tell you that the purpose of this series is not recreation, but total anarchy.

By 2008, Twilight had become extremely popular with teenage girls, the target audience of the series. In November of 2008, a film series began. This is where the plot begins. In 02 November 2008, a very intelligent but otherwise badly dressed and not bathed person that apparently didn't have the money to see the movie started screaming for pancakes outside the movie theater, right next to the people in line to see Twilight. He then died.
Luis Dias

Male

Portugal (pt)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Mr P » Mar 31, 2010 2:22 pm

So I'm guessing the Buffy/Angel initiative's gone out the window then? :think:
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine and I can know much more!
Brother Cavil, BSG
Mr P

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Nautilidae » Mar 31, 2010 2:55 pm

Luis Dias wrote:You forgot to include the expression somewhere in the beggining of the middle, "He then died".

For instance:

I am here today to tell you that the purpose of this series is not recreation, but total anarchy.

By 2008, Twilight had become extremely popular with teenage girls, the target audience of the series. In November of 2008, a film series began. This is where the plot begins. In 02 November 2008, a very intelligent but otherwise badly dressed and not bathed person that apparently didn't have the money to see the movie started screaming for pancakes outside the movie theater, right next to the people in line to see Twilight. He then died.

The Illuminati are more intelligent than that. They do not wish to publicly kill people; it will prevent some teenage girls from attending the Twilight films.
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Luis Dias » Mar 31, 2010 2:57 pm

Nautilidae wrote:The Illuminati are more intelligent than that. They do not wish to publicly kill people; it will prevent some teenage girls from attending the Twilight films.

Ok then, but you must have a death somewhere. Else it's not a good conspiracy theory.
Luis Dias

Male

Portugal (pt)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Nautilidae » Mar 31, 2010 3:03 pm

The_Metatron wrote:
You might be right. I don't know this guy.

You don't know me, but I know YOU! Admit it, you can't defeat my arguments here. You must soon accept the fact that the Illuminati are rising through this Twilight series. Either admit it or provide evidence that I'm wrong.
Last edited by Nautilidae on Mar 31, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Nautilidae » Mar 31, 2010 3:04 pm

Luis Dias wrote:
Nautilidae wrote:The Illuminati are more intelligent than that. They do not wish to publicly kill people; it will prevent some teenage girls from attending the Twilight films.

Ok then, but you must have a death somewhere. Else it's not a good conspiracy theory.

Noted. I haven't completed my research on this new conspiracy, so I may happen upon a death.

NOTE: The first post has been slightly edited to include evidence of a cover-up.
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby jaydot » Apr 12, 2010 10:23 pm

have you told david icke about this development? shouldn't he know? does it turn out that these lizards of his are also vampires? that would be so too cool.
jaydot

Print view this post

#32  Postby locutus7 » Apr 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Below is one of many articles on Twilight and Mormonism.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephenie Meyer’s Mormonism and the “erotics of abstinence”

By William Morris | 5.02.08

For more on Stephenie Meyer and her work, visit Reading Until Dawn.

—-

The Time Magazine profile of Stephenie Meyer attempts to explain her work — the three Twilight books and an upcoming novel called The Host — by exploring Meyer’s Mormonism, claiming, in fact that although “the characters in Meyer’s books aren’t Mormons, but her beliefs are key to understanding her singular talent.”

It makes for a fascinating, almost convincing piece of analysis. The problem is that it tends to boil Mormonism down to a set of filters, the thou-shalt-nots, that narrow what can happen in her work.

For example in reference to Meyer’s vampire books, Lev Grossman writes:

What makes Meyer’s books so distinctive is that they’re about the erotics of abstinence. Their tension comes from prolonged, superhuman acts of self-restraint. There’s a scene midway through Twilight in which, for the first time, Edward leans in close and sniffs the aroma of Bella’s exposed neck. “Just because I’m resisting the wine doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the bouquet,” he says. “You have a very floral smell, like lavender … or freesia.” He barely touches her, but there’s more sex in that one paragraph than in all the snogging in Harry Potter.
"The idea of a "god" creating the Universe is a mechanistic absurdity clearly derived from the making of machines by men." Fred Hoyle

"Your book of myths is about as much use as a fishnet condom is for birth control." Cali
locutus7

Print view this post

#33  Postby Nautilidae » Apr 12, 2010 11:07 pm

jaydot wrote:have you told david icke about this development? shouldn't he know? does it turn out that these lizards of his are also vampires? that would be so too cool.

His head is filled with nonsense such as lizards. He hasn't been able to figure out the truth.

locutus7 wrote:Below is one of many articles on Twilight and Mormonism.

By William Morris | 5.02.08

For more on Stephenie Meyer and her work, visit Reading Until Dawn.

—-

The Time Magazine profile of Stephenie Meyer attempts to explain her work — the three Twilight books and an upcoming novel called The Host — by exploring Meyer’s Mormonism, claiming, in fact that although “the characters in Meyer’s books aren’t Mormons, but her beliefs are key to understanding her singular talent.”

It makes for a fascinating, almost convincing piece of analysis. The problem is that it tends to boil Mormonism down to a set of filters, the thou-shalt-nots, that narrow what can happen in her work.

For example in reference to Meyer’s vampire books, Lev Grossman writes:

What makes Meyer’s books so distinctive is that they’re about the erotics of abstinence. Their tension comes from prolonged, superhuman acts of self-restraint. There’s a scene midway through Twilight in which, for the first time, Edward leans in close and sniffs the aroma of Bella’s exposed neck. “Just because I’m resisting the wine doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the bouquet,” he says. “You have a very floral smell, like lavender … or freesia.” He barely touches her, but there’s more sex in that one paragraph than in all the snogging in Harry Potter.

I'm utterly speechless.
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Kytescall » Apr 15, 2010 3:34 am

locutus7 wrote:Below is one of many articles on Twilight and Mormonism.

The erotics of what?

I love it when people use 'singular' as a euphemism.

A: "Did you see that guy that just rushed by naked except for the trousers he waswearing on his head?"
B: "Yes, what a ... singular ... fellow."
... for doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace. ~ H.P. Lovecraft, Ex Oblivione

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. ~ Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Kytescall

Male

Print view this post

#35  Postby Nautilidae » Apr 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Kytescall wrote:
The erotics of what?

The erotics of not having sexual intercourse. Alas, this supports my theory outright.
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#36  Postby Arcanyn » Apr 22, 2010 9:15 am

So in other words, the erotics of avoiding erotics.
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Kytescall » Apr 24, 2010 3:58 am

You know, if this is going to get those irritating Twilight fans to stop breeding, I'd say these conspirators are on the side of humanity.
... for doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace. ~ H.P. Lovecraft, Ex Oblivione

Kytescall

Male

Print view this post

#38  Postby Nautilidae » May 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Kytescall wrote:You know, if this is going to get those irritating Twilight fans to stop breeding, I'd say these conspirators are on the side of humanity.

We can't quarantine the effect to just Twilight fans; it will soon spread to all human females. Although, if it were possible to quarantine the effects, it just may work...
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#39  Postby johnbrandt » May 12, 2010 7:09 am

Where's Blade when you need him...

"One could spend their life looking for the perfect cherry blossom...and it would not be a wasted life"
johnbrandt

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Kytescall » May 12, 2010 7:51 am

:cheers:

Kytescall

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracy Theories