All Meat Diet

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: All Meat Diet

#21  Postby Thommo » Mar 23, 2018 2:48 pm

laklak wrote:Wasn't there someone here who ate almost nothing but meat? Can't remember who it was.

Jack Sprat, I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sprat
Thommo

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Alan B » Mar 23, 2018 3:32 pm

laklak wrote:I'll stick with me meat and two veg.

Yeah. That's what one of my lady friends said.

Then she brought out the salt 'n pepper... :naughty:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Fallible » Mar 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Samsa I think.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#24  Postby laklak » Mar 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Alan B wrote:
laklak wrote:I'll stick with me meat and two veg.

Yeah. That's what one of my lady friends said.

Then she brought out the salt 'n pepper... :naughty:

Pretty much everything is salt 'n peper these days, my hair, my beard.....
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Seabass » Mar 23, 2018 6:27 pm

UltimoReducto wrote:All meat diet is the next big thing, and it was bound to happen.

I would recommend against it, but if you're going to insist on putting your body through such an ordeal, you're going to need some fiber to normalize bowel function and prevent constipation.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Antifa Provocateur

Print view this post

#26  Postby The_Piper » Mar 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Thommo wrote:
The_Piper wrote:Let me add to this discussion: bullshit. You try the all meat diet UltimoReducto, and in 6 months, discuss.

If you want a quick, but more serious read, I suggest this article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmu ... t_and_fish

Read the 4 paragraphs in this section, only takes a minute or two and quite interesting.
Low-carbohydrate diet of meat and fish

I'm reluctant to say more and drag the thread on-topic though.

:lol:
I was aware of the Inuit, and other populations who historically didn't have access to much else, but guessed that they had some adaptations to that. That's interesting that non-inuits can do it too.
I still refer to the OP as bullshit, of course. If the guy wants a serious discussion, he should write a serious OP and not all the conspiracy and strange accusations.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Thommo » Mar 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Yep indeed.
Thommo

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby felltoearth » Mar 23, 2018 9:08 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
UltimoReducto wrote:According to all scientific authorities, some meat in the diet causes “early death”. So all meat in the diet should cause instant death, right? Wrong.

Usually it takes 90 minutes to cook a roast at 425 degrees. So I should be able to cook it for 9 minutes at 4250 degrees, right?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#29  Postby aban57 » Mar 23, 2018 9:40 pm

felltoearth wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
UltimoReducto wrote:According to all scientific authorities, some meat in the diet causes “early death”. So all meat in the diet should cause instant death, right? Wrong.

Usually it takes 90 minutes to cook a roast at 425 degrees. So I should be able to cook it for 9 minutes at 4250 degrees, right?

Yep, the same way you can have 9 women have a baby in one month.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#30  Postby The_Piper » Mar 23, 2018 11:17 pm

A little bit of botox can help with a number of medical conditions. So a lot of Botox should cure those medical conditions completely!
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby The_Metatron » Mar 23, 2018 11:18 pm

felltoearth wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

That's what I do. Mmmm. Carbon.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby The_Metatron » Mar 23, 2018 11:21 pm

The_Piper wrote:
Thommo wrote:
The_Piper wrote:Let me add to this discussion: bullshit. You try the all meat diet UltimoReducto, and in 6 months, discuss.

If you want a quick, but more serious read, I suggest this article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmu ... t_and_fish

Read the 4 paragraphs in this section, only takes a minute or two and quite interesting.
Low-carbohydrate diet of meat and fish

I'm reluctant to say more and drag the thread on-topic though.

I was aware of the Inuit, and other populations who historically didn't have access to much else, but guessed that they had some adaptations to that. That's interesting that non-inuits can do it too.
I still refer to the OP as bullshit, of course. If the guy wants a serious discussion, he should write a serious OP and not all the conspiracy and strange accusations.

Humans' extreme adaptability regarding diet is, I think, one of the factors that resulted in us infesting the entire planet. If we can't grow shit we can eat, we can usually eat the things who can eat the shit that grows in harsh places.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Blackadder » Mar 24, 2018 7:14 am

felltoearth wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

That’s pretty much how my partner likes her steak cooked. Not many restaurants own a blast furnace so they usually have to use a welding torch to get it to the correct level of charred inedibility.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#34  Postby laklak » Mar 24, 2018 4:29 pm

Overdone steak is an offense against the Almighty Lord God Himself. I can eat it up to a bare medium, but prefer it rare and dripping. Occasionally I indulge in steak tartare, complete with raw egg, because fuck salmonella. Raw lamb kibbe, sashimi, carpaccio - sometimes it's nice to go animal and just eat it raw.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#35  Postby The_Piper » Mar 24, 2018 4:33 pm

My dad used to eat raw ground beef. It does taste good that way, but I wouldn't recommend it.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Blackadder » Mar 24, 2018 4:42 pm

laklak wrote:Overdone steak is an offense against the Almighty Lord God Himself. I can eat it up to a bare medium, but prefer it rare and dripping. Occasionally I indulge in steak tartare, complete with raw egg, because fuck salmonella. Raw lamb kibbe, sashimi, carpaccio - sometimes it's nice to go animal and just eat it raw.

I'm with you on the steak Laklak. Medium rare is as much cooking as I want. My other half won't touch any meat that is even slightly pink on the inside ("raw" she calls it). I've lovingly explained to her that she's a complete Philistine but this is one of those things that we agree to disagree on.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#37  Postby laklak » Mar 24, 2018 4:47 pm

I never eat raw store ground meats, too many e coli contamination scares. If I'm making tartare or raw kibbeh I grind the meat myself. I know my equipment and hands are clean, don't know about the dude at the ground meat factory.
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#38  Postby romansh » Mar 24, 2018 4:49 pm

laklak wrote: Occasionally I indulge in steak tartare, complete with raw egg, because fuck salmonella.

Reminds me the first time (about 35 years ago) I had steak tartare. Didn't know what it was and asked for it medium.

Anyway had the shits the next day. Lesson - don't order and eat steak tartare in Mbabane.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

#39  Postby laklak » Mar 24, 2018 4:53 pm

The sickest I've ever been was from raw kibbeh from a Lebanese restaurant, spent 3 days in hospital, stomach pump and the whole nine yards. I've gotten the shits from sushi and sashimi a couple of times, but nothing like the kibbeh incident. That's when I decided to grind my own meat if I'm eating it raw. Probably should just grind my own all the time but it's a PITA.
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#40  Postby The_Piper » Mar 24, 2018 10:06 pm

It is a PITA, it's messy. I haven't ground any for months now, come to think of it.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism