Asking for Help Finding Debunking Resources

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Asking for Help Finding Debunking Resources

#21  Postby Fallible » Dec 15, 2018 2:16 pm

The JWs keep visiting my estate. You see them, all smart with their clipboards, swarming among the houses. They don't call here any more, but they insist on parking their expensive cars all in a line on a blind bend in the road to the entrance of the estate. There's clearly nothing in their rules about obeying traffic laws.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Ooh, that reminds me. I saw a couple of Mormon lads getting talked to by security guards at the National Stadium here in Singapore. It didn't look like a friendly "Hey, how's it going" sort of chat. One security guard was pointing around the place and the lads were nodding their heads in acknowledgement. Was very tempted to ask if they were being warned about proselytising, but thought it would be more proper to keep my nose out of it.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 15, 2018 2:31 pm

AlanF wrote:
laklak wrote:My wife's stepmom comes from a Witness family. They're mental, honest to goodness True Believers. Batshittery on a Scientology level, if lacking in Intergalactic DC-8s. If you actually managed to de-convert one good on you, it's a insidious fucking cult. Like somebody said, the difference in a religion and a cult is what happens when you try to leave.

All too true. The actress Lea Remini, a former Scientologist, has been doing an expose series on the American A&E network about the abuses of Scientology. A very scary cult! Just a month ago Remini did a two-hour segment on the JWs and how they practice shunning that destroys families. The two cults have in common exactly what you said.

Alan

Muslims are also notoriously harsh toward apostates. Play it safe and call 'em all cults I say, nice and disparaging too.
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#24  Postby laklak » Dec 16, 2018 6:49 pm

AlanF wrote:
All too true. The actress Lea Remini, a former Scientologist, has been doing an expose series on the American A&E network about the abuses of Scientology. A very scary cult! Just a month ago Remini did a two-hour segment on the JWs and how they practice shunning that destroys families. The two cults have in common exactly what you said.

Alan

We've been watching the series, that episode was on a couple of weeks ago. I already knew they were batshit from listening to my mother-in-laws family, particularly her sister who's a wild-eyed fanatic, but I didn't realize how batshit they actually are. OK, so you're raised in it, but how the fucking hell do you not realize what an utter load of tosh it is when you get older? I cannot fathom how people can't see through the bullshit.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#25  Postby surreptitious57 » Dec 17, 2018 10:11 pm

I think Jehovahs Witnesses and Scientologists should debate each other just to see what would happen

The Blood Decliners v The Squirrel Busters

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#26  Postby surreptitious57 » Dec 17, 2018 10:37 pm

All joking aside however the ones here in the city centre are quiet and dress either smart or casual
Even when you give them eye contact or take the Watchtower from them they will say nothing at all
I cannot comment upon the cars that they drive but they are all mostly probably in good jobs anyway
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#27  Postby Fallible » Dec 18, 2018 8:06 am

They are a danger here. It's a narrow road, and they park all along it on that blind bend. All their cars are big and shiny. I've had a few near misses. They're always here. I don't know why. They stopped coming to my house, I think, because I always kept them talking. Or maybe it was because I was very polite but also very firm about how the stuff they were pushing didn't make any sense. Probably it's because Zeb and Charlie like to greet them with a raucous hymn of their own from the bay window (right next to the front door). In any case, they don't bother to knock here anymore. The Scientologists would cow them into submission in a heartbeat. Those are some nasty shits.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism