Best ID Takedown of 2014

Perhaps Ken Miller’s Demolition of “Edge of Evolution”?

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Best ID Takedown of 2014

#1  Postby Rumraket » Jan 01, 2015 12:01 am

http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2014/12/best-id-takedow.html

Michael Behe is very thrilled that a PNAS paper published this year “confirms a key inference I made in 2007 in The Edge of Evolution.” The Discovery Institute is also thrilled, enough so to reprint Behe’s July 14, 2014 op-ed on ENV as this year’s #4 in the top-story countdown.

Says Behe, regarding what he describes as “the need for multiple, specific changes in a particular malarial protein (called PfCRT) for the development of resistance to chloroquine” :

… thanks to Summers et al. 2014…One of their conclusions is that a minimum of two specific mutations are indeed required for the protein to be able to transport chloroquine. … The need for multiple mutations neatly accounts for why the development of spontaneous resistance to chloroquine is an event of extremely low probability – approximately one in a hundred billion billion (1 in 1020) malarial cell replications – as the distinguished Oxford University malariologist Nicholas White deduced years ago. The bottom line is that the need for an organism to acquire multiple mutations in some situations before a relevant selectable function appears is now an established experimental fact.

I recommend reading Miller's full article found at the bottom of the link.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Best ID Takedown of 2014

#2  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 01, 2015 1:35 am

Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Creationism