Creationists reveal how so many species evolved in 4K years.

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

#1  Postby ElementalBrain » May 07, 2016 8:07 pm

https://answersingenesis.org/natural-se ... diversity/

One of the things that make this paper interesting are the authors. Jason Lisle, an astrophysicist, and Nathan, who has "a PhD in Cell and Developmental Biology from Harvard University". You are probably familiar with Lisle, and if you are not familiar with Nathan you can find some embarrassing things about him online.
ElementalBrain

Croatia (hr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Creationists reveal how so many species evolved in 4K years.

#2  Postby Itsdemtitans » May 07, 2016 11:27 pm

Nathaniel Jeanson...you mean the guy who got his ass handed to him by REAL geneticists, clearly displaying his ignorance on genetics, geology, etc.?

Yeah, nice work AiG. Top quality scientists you got there.
"If evidence could shake the Protestant faith, then there wouldn't be a Protestant faith" ~Donovan Lafferty

"If you can't show that you're right, you're not." ~Aronra
Itsdemtitans

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Animavore » May 09, 2016 8:58 am

The article cites Behe. Lol.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Oeditor » May 23, 2016 10:33 am

Dear me, what tedious nonsense. All based on Bishop Ussher's timescale and the appropriation of the word "kind" as having major biological significance. Phah!
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » May 23, 2016 6:55 pm

I've explained all this to you atheists before but you never listen. See, Noah took every kind on the boat with him. That's actually a lot less animals then you might think. For example, he took a couple of Monkey kind. That's kind of like a monkey. Then God took the two monkeys and made some of their children bigger, to be gorillas, because gorillas are kind of like monkeys. He then stretched the arms of some and make Orangutans, which are again kind of like monkeys. Chimps, howlers, rhesus, all kind of like monkeys. Same happened with donkeys. Donkeys are kind of like horses and horses ore kind of like zebras, right? Hamsters are kind of like gerbils, which are kind of like chinchillas, which are kind of like prairie dogs, which are kind of like meerkats, all the way up to nutrias and capybaras, which are both kind of like all the others. Don't forget beavers, they're kind of like that too. Etc. Etc. Etc., and bingo, 1 trillion species!

Easy peasy for Our Great and Loving Lord! Checkmate, atheists.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Oeditor » May 24, 2016 11:05 am

Well, I suppose that kind of like an explanation. :-)
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby chairman bill » May 24, 2016 12:43 pm

So some weapons grade fuckwittery here -
On the question of mechanism, in 1859 Darwin’s answer may have seemed plausible, but modern molecular discoveries render it highly improbable, if not impossible, as the explanation for the origin of all life on earth (Behe 1996, 2007).

FFS, when did Darwin's answer to the variety of species we see, become an explanation for the origin of life on earth?

I refuse to read any further, because life is too short, even if I live forever.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby laklak » May 24, 2016 1:30 pm

That's always been their favorite "Checkmate Atheists!", and no matter how many times you explain that evolution is not abiogenesis they still don't get it. Best just to ignore them, you're not changing their 'minds'.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#9  Postby TopCat » May 24, 2016 3:51 pm

laklak wrote:no matter how many times you explain that evolution is not abiogenesis they still don't get it. Best just to ignore them, you're not changing their 'minds'.

The first replicating oligonucleotides (in short strands of RNA or whatever its precursor was) would have been subject to the same natural selection principles as apply to actual living organisms.

These would have started to act straight away - as soon as the first replicator started replicating.

So it's slightly lazy to dismiss the creotards out of hand for not using the right words - replicator variation and selection pressure resulting in modification over time can just as validly be termed 'evolution', even if what was evolving wasn't what we'd recognise now as living cells.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby laklak » May 24, 2016 4:02 pm

That's technically true, but far too nuanced for the average creationist. They're looking for that "Divine Spark" bit on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. They'd say "well yeah but what made the first replicator?"
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#11  Postby TopCat » May 24, 2016 4:33 pm

laklak wrote:That's technically true, but far too nuanced for the average creationist. They're looking for that "Divine Spark" bit on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. They'd say "well yeah but what made the first replicator?"

They would indeed.

But we may be only a few years away from being able to make one of those using pre-biotically plausible precursors.

It won't shut up the Kents and Kens of this world, but it will be beautiful science, and the gaps that God has to fit into will be even smaller.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Calilasseia » May 25, 2016 1:42 am

Actually, there's already a wealth of literature covering the underlying chemical syntheses. Montmorillonite catalytic synthesis of RNA already having been repeatedly demonstrated. And, we now have several routes to purine synthesis into the bargain, which was routinely peddled as a "gotcha" by creotard liars for doctrine until the scientists found elegant chemical synthesis pathways leading to their production under prebiotic conditions. At bottom, that's all they have as far as the actual science is concerned, other than outright apologetic fabrications and lies: whiny foot stomping and pointing to active research that hasn't yet produced a solution, only for this to look pathetic to those of us who paid attention in science class when the scientists produce a solution.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Wortfish » Dec 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Actually, there's already a wealth of literature covering the underlying chemical syntheses. Montmorillonite catalytic synthesis of RNA already having been repeatedly demonstrated. And, we now have several routes to purine synthesis into the bargain, which was routinely peddled as a "gotcha" by creotard liars for doctrine until the scientists found elegant chemical synthesis pathways leading to their production under prebiotic conditions. At bottom, that's all they have as far as the actual science is concerned, other than outright apologetic fabrications and lies: whiny foot stomping and pointing to active research that hasn't yet produced a solution, only for this to look pathetic to those of us who paid attention in science class when the scientists produce a solution.

....Except that the routes to both purine and pyramidine synthesis have been under advanced laboratory conditions in a test tube, not prebiotic early Earth and its dissipative conditions.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby crank » Dec 24, 2016 3:37 pm

laklak wrote:That's technically true, but far too nuanced for the average creationist. They're looking for that "Divine Spark" bit on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. They'd say "well yeah but what made the first replicator?"

Ah yes, the painting where Michelangelo had something else in mind for that spark.

The hidden messages of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Tero » Dec 24, 2016 4:56 pm

Where is Edward Current when you need him?
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:Actually, there's already a wealth of literature covering the underlying chemical syntheses. Montmorillonite catalytic synthesis of RNA already having been repeatedly demonstrated. And, we now have several routes to purine synthesis into the bargain, which was routinely peddled as a "gotcha" by creotard liars for doctrine until the scientists found elegant chemical synthesis pathways leading to their production under prebiotic conditions. At bottom, that's all they have as far as the actual science is concerned, other than outright apologetic fabrications and lies: whiny foot stomping and pointing to active research that hasn't yet produced a solution, only for this to look pathetic to those of us who paid attention in science class when the scientists produce a solution.

....Except that the routes to both purine and pyramidine synthesis have been under advanced laboratory conditions in a test tube, not prebiotic early Earth and its dissipative conditions.

Since all of the papers in question I have on the subject go into detail as to how they strive to replicate prebiotic Earth conditions, this apologetics fails.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby PensivePenny » Dec 24, 2016 6:22 pm

laklak wrote:I've explained all this to you atheists before but you never listen. See, Noah took every kind on the boat with him. That's actually a lot less animals then you might think. For example, he took a couple of Monkey kind. That's kind of like a monkey. Then God took the two monkeys and made some of their children bigger, to be gorillas, because gorillas are kind of like monkeys. He then stretched the arms of some and make Orangutans, which are again kind of like monkeys. Chimps, howlers, rhesus, all kind of like monkeys. Same happened with donkeys. Donkeys are kind of like horses and horses ore kind of like zebras, right? Hamsters are kind of like gerbils, which are kind of like chinchillas, which are kind of like prairie dogs, which are kind of like meerkats, all the way up to nutrias and capybaras, which are both kind of like all the others. Don't forget beavers, they're kind of like that too. Etc. Etc. Etc., and bingo, 1 trillion species!

Easy peasy for Our Great and Loving Lord! Checkmate, atheists.

So, why did he need such a big boat? Wouldn't a dinghy for Noah and his family have sufficed and a test tube with one "kind" of DNA in it? No feed to worry about, no shit to shovel... god is great indeed!
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny

Name: Penny
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#18  Postby PensivePenny » Dec 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Tero wrote:Where is Edward Current when you need him?

He's a POE, right?

At least he deigned to learn "one or two things in biology" before giving his performance.

The ignorance is jaw dropping.
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny

Name: Penny
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Shrunk » Dec 24, 2016 6:46 pm

PensivePenny wrote:He's a POE, right?

Right.

"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Wortfish » Dec 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Calilasseia wrote:
Since all of the papers in question I have on the subject go into detail as to how they strive to replicate prebiotic Earth conditions, this apologetics fails.

It's not apologetics in the least. It is simply that a controlled experiment - especially one where the experimenter wants to make something happen - is not a plausible replicaiton of prebiotic conditions. The Sutherland lab was criticised in 2009 for using precursors that themselves were too complex to be readily explained and also for failing to reproduce their findings.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Creationism