Creationists vs Flat Earthers

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Creationists vs Flat Earthers

#61  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Betelgeuse wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Doing it for God!

And so on... there are lots of them! I don't find it particularly surprising as they all seem to have replaced their brains with Bibles.

Yes indeed, Sir Isaac Newton did just that. No brains, just a Bible. Ditto with the founders of the Ivy League Colleges they organized for the purpose of teaching and learning.

Completely right! Newton was a barely literate hick who just about managed to read the parts of the Bible which elucidate gravity! Imagine if he'd been a Muslim instead! We'd still be floating off everytime we sat down!

Betelgeuse wrote:Name for me one atheist college, please.

An 'atheist' college? What would such an institution teach? You really are special, aren't you fella?

Betelgeuse wrote:Again and again, I see arrogant pretensions of intellect by atheists, who hatefully attack "Bible-thumpers."

Again and again you go looking for people to pick a fight with by shoving random assortments of words into sentences and pretending they mean something substantive. And ohhh the foolish atheists have the temerity to point and laugh at you! The wickedness of the unbelievers, eh?

Betelgeuse wrote:Then you have the temerity to claim you have been subjected to the same ad hominem attacks you relentlessly repeat.

Atheists are consumed by hatred, intolerance, and narcissism. What a pleasant bunch.

Yup, and you're a model of Christian love and tolerance, eh? :)
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Betelgeuse wrote:
Then we know everything do we?

The good old religious argument: we're thick, therefore god! :thumbup:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#63  Postby The_Metatron » Jul 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Just wondering here, is this guy just banging on about his blood god, or does he thing the earth is flat, or both?
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jul 02, 2014 11:42 pm

I tried to get an unit on atheism going at a secular university. Apart from academics I was friends with, the only people who seemed keen were the Theology department. But they were broke so.......
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#65  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jul 02, 2014 11:44 pm

The_Metatron wrote:Just wondering here, is this guy just banging on about his blood god, or does he thing the earth is flat, or both?

Of course the Earth is flat silly. You never played snooker or bowls! :doh:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#66  Postby KeenIdiot » Jul 03, 2014 6:05 pm

The world is flat, and sits on the backs of four elephants (there used to be five), which themselves stand on top of a great turtle.
I've read it in books.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jul 04, 2014 1:33 am

KeenIdiot wrote:The world is flat, and sits on the backs of four elephants (there used to be five), which themselves stand on top of a great turtle.
I've read it in books.

I wonder how you replace the elephants as they age and die? I suppose that is where the earthquakes come from. :)
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby KeenIdiot » Jul 04, 2014 2:02 am

No no, those are simply the elephants shuffling their feet.
What you are referring to is called the The Greater Tumults. And in one case The Surprisingly Short and but Totally Counts General Shaking.
KeenIdiot

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#69  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jul 04, 2014 7:20 am

DougC wrote:Wow.
Would love to sit on the sidelines as two of them went head to head.
'Roll up, roll up, for the fuckskull battle royal.'

It would be kind of like watching a cripple fight... of the mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#70  Postby tolman » Jul 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:They don't have much taste in web-site building.

Isn't multicolor/multifont par for the course for websites built by Strange People On The Internet, or those parodying them?
Just look at the average amateur conspiracy or new-age-bollocks site.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#71  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jul 09, 2014 6:19 pm

tolman wrote:Just look at the average amateur conspiracy or new-age-bollocks site.

Only if you are willing to risk triggering a migraine.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#72  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
tolman wrote:Just look at the average amateur conspiracy or new-age-bollocks site.

Only if you are willing to risk triggering a migraine.

Or in many cases, epilepsy. Because quite a few of them have execrable style usages as an additional annoyance, including lurid, retina searing colour schemes, egregious use of flashing sections of content (frequently set to flash at peak epilepsy inducing frequency), and EVEN MORE EGREGIOUS USE OF CAPS LOCK in places where said use appears to have been deliberately calculated to induce the most annoyance in intelligent life forms. For a particularly vicious example of the genre, with flagrant breaches of every style and taste rule in the W3C manual, take a peek at the Fixed Earth website, but only whilst wearing eye protection. I am not joking about this latter warning, that site is so awful to look at, you'll need a welding visor.

At least diabetes inducing excesses of girly pink and sugary, trying-too-hard-to-be-cute graphics of the sort you see on teenage girls' MySpace pages, or sites devoted to those cut out doll figures that are popular with the 5-8 age demographic, have the excuse that the producers thereof don't know any better, are aiming their sites unashamedly at people with like tastes, and have generally harmless content. The conspirabollocks sites are intended to be exercises in polemical advocacy, but could only possibly work in the manner intended, with someone who has suffered critical brain damage. Anyone with more than about fifteen functioning neurons takes one look at these sites, and feels an involuntary urge to vomit and run away from the screen.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#73  Postby KeenIdiot » Jul 18, 2014 6:09 am

I was a emember of several nut forums. ATS, David Icke's forum. Owe a lot to the skeptics that posted there.
KeenIdiot

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism