Discussion from "Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS"

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Discussion from "Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS"

#1  Postby Darkchilde » Feb 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Cali is here, and I had just Pm'd him to put this up himself... ;)
User avatar
Darkchilde
RS Donator
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 9015
Age: 50
Female

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#2  Postby Sityl » Feb 26, 2010 4:58 pm

It's not as cool on brown paper :( But, at least it's a beacon of rationality in a deluded world!
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'


Image
User avatar
Sityl
 
Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Posts: 5131
Age: 37
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#3  Postby campermon » Feb 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Darkchilde wrote:Cali is here, and I had just Pm'd him to put this up himself... ;)


Fuckin 'ell! Someone could have told me! :whine:


:lol:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
User avatar
campermon
RS Donator
 
Posts: 17032
Age: 49
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#4  Postby David M » Feb 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Hurrah, some more fine work saved from digital oblivion.
User avatar
David M
 
Posts: 859
Age: 52
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#5  Postby LarianLeQuella » Feb 26, 2010 5:39 pm

I also turned this into a web page as well: http://factsnotfantasy.com/creationists.html
User avatar
LarianLeQuella
 
Name: Jan Stephan Lundquist
Posts: 449
Age: 53
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#6  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 26, 2010 5:45 pm

campermon wrote:
Darkchilde wrote:Cali is here, and I had just Pm'd him to put this up himself... ;)


Fuckin 'ell! Someone could have told me! :whine:


:lol:



It was a good job.... for the 10 minutes it lasted! :cheers:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 23452
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#7  Postby campermon » Feb 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
campermon wrote:
Darkchilde wrote:Cali is here, and I had just Pm'd him to put this up himself... ;)


Fuckin 'ell! Someone could have told me! :whine:


:lol:



It was a good job.... for the 10 minutes it lasted! :cheers:


Aye! I'm glad the winged one is on board!

:cheers:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
User avatar
campermon
RS Donator
 
Posts: 17032
Age: 49
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#8  Postby Gareth1984 » Feb 27, 2010 10:31 am

I'm glad this has survived it was one of my favourite posts the blue butterfly made on RDF, I do expect however that any creationists visiting this forum will still continue to ignore it and trot out the same canards that cali debunks in the post.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring" Carl Sagan
User avatar
Gareth1984
 
Posts: 51
Age: 35

Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#9  Postby goodolPt » Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm

PT Says:

Everything You Know Is Wrong
(a poem)

All the cosmologits, physicists, and astronomers are wrong,

The universe was created in 7 days.

Albert Einstein was wrong.

All the geologists are wrong,

The earth is only 5000 years old.

Continental drift is just a theory.

Fossils were put in the soil by Satan to fool you into rejecting the Bible.

Sedimentary rocks were formed by Noah's flood. Noah said so. Its in the Bible.

The archeologists are wrong.

Mitochondrial DNA got put in your bodies by evil medical experiments, not evolution.

The radioactive decay rate of Argon and Carbon cause tooth disease and cannot be used to determine the age of anything.

The biochemists are all wrong.

Any number beyond 1 billion is a lie.

The government should be run only by Christians.

Liberals believe in Faggots and Abortion.

Muslims really worship Satan.

Wikkans hate God and worship Satan.

Jews don't believe in Jesus, don't believe in Heaven, and thats why God hates them and sends them all to Hell.

The names "Darwin" and the "Devil" both start with a "D" for a reason.

The world is flat.

Reason is the Devil's playground.

Faith can make any dillusion appear plausible

And make a lie sing like the Blue Bird of Happiness.

- pt -
goodolPt
 
Posts: 2

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#10  Postby GenesForLife » Mar 23, 2010 6:29 pm

"faith can make any delusion appear plausible"

Oh! The irony...
GenesForLife
 
Posts: 2920
Age: 30
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#11  Postby goodolPt » Mar 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Dang! I keep mashing on the little spill checker buuton...
goodolPt
 
Posts: 2

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#12  Postby locutus7 » Mar 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Good post. Although I admit I am a creationist: I believe humans created all deities and religions. (*_*)
"The idea of a "god" creating the Universe is a mechanistic absurdity clearly derived from the making of machines by men." Fred Hoyle

"Your book of myths is about as much use as a fishnet condom is for birth control." Cali
User avatar
locutus7
 
Posts: 374

Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#13  Postby Trainz » Mar 25, 2010 10:17 pm

locutus7 wrote:Good post. Although I admit I am a creationist: I believe humans created all deities and religions. (*_*)


Oh man... I'm definitely yoinking this phrase. Can't wait to use it!

:thumbup:
User avatar
Trainz
 
Posts: 48

Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#14  Postby amorrow » May 06, 2010 3:30 am

LarianLeQuella wrote:I also turned this into a web page as well: http://factsnotfantasy.com/creationists.html


I added a version of it to the wiki at http://wiki.rational-skepticism.org/ind ... ist_readme

I edited out all of the links to richarddawkins.net because they no longer work.
User avatar
amorrow
Banned User
 
Name: Andrew Morrow
Posts: 53
Age: 57
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#15  Postby Lazar » Jun 20, 2010 8:17 am


!
MODNOTE
"Argument never attempted" split to new topic here.
Image

Spinozasgalt: "And how come no one ever sigs me?"
User avatar
Lazar
 
Posts: 2280
Age: 35
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#16  Postby Cavebear » Jul 19, 2010 6:15 am

Oh I never consider creationist arguments valid. They are just superstitious maunderings in the wind... Silly stuff...
User avatar
Cavebear
 
Posts: 239

Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#17  Postby Lion IRC » Jul 19, 2010 6:52 am

superstitious maunderings in the wind, silly stuff.
Well, since you put it like that......
Onwards and upwards in the name of reason and rationalism...
FORMAL DEBATE - Lion IRC (affirmative) vs Crocodile Gandhi (negative)
Topic - Gay marriage should not be legalised in society.
Moderator - Durro
Now Showing HERE.
User avatar
Lion IRC
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 4077

Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#18  Postby willhud9 » Jul 20, 2010 12:18 am

Thank you for posting this =] I will do my best not to make those same blunder my fellow creationists have made in the past, but attempt to make at least valid points. My job is not to convince you of a God, nor do I want to convert you. It is not my obligation nor is it allowed in forum rules ;); however, I would like to get people thinking. This is the core of the development of science. Creationism could very well be wrong, I may be an idiot for believing in such an "out-dated mythology," but at the very same time, the tenets for macro-evolution could very well be wrong. Science should never stop looking for answers and that includes the idea of evolution. I hope I can learn and grow on this site by reading those who are more scientifically inclined than I, but I do hope that I may contribute positively to any discussion.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
User avatar
willhud9
 
Name: William
Posts: 19125
Age: 28
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#19  Postby GenesForLife » Jul 20, 2010 5:26 am

What do you think are the "tenets of macroevolution"?
GenesForLife
 
Posts: 2920
Age: 30
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Calilasseia - CREATIONISTS-READ THIS

#20  Postby Rumraket » Jul 20, 2010 7:06 am

willhud9 wrote:Thank you for posting this =] I will do my best not to make those same blunder my fellow creationists have made in the past, but attempt to make at least valid points. My job is not to convince you of a God, nor do I want to convert you. It is not my obligation nor is it allowed in forum rules ;); however, I would like to get people thinking. This is the core of the development of science. Creationism could very well be wrong, I may be an idiot for believing in such an "out-dated mythology," but at the very same time, the tenets for macro-evolution could very well be wrong. Science should never stop looking for answers and that includes the idea of evolution. I hope I can learn and grow on this site by reading those who are more scientifically inclined than I, but I do hope that I may contribute positively to any discussion.

You can save up money but never reach 1000 dollars? Right...
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 13118
Age: 38

Print view this post

Next

Return to Creationism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest