Do any Christians post here?

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Do any Christians post here?

#21  Postby tuco » Jun 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Search interest tend? I also get the idea.

Indeed, FB is well suited for sharing cool short stories about pet frogs, posting their images and liking other images and cool short stories in hope of reciprocity. That is obvious and nobody here denies it.

Actually I just think that narrow and confrontational focus on (anti)theism also played part in decline of activity.
tuco

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Mazille » Jun 08, 2017 11:53 pm

For this forum? Maybe, but not likely. It's social change and differences in use of various platforms, informed by changing circumstances, both technical and social.
RDF is what birthed this community, and when going from web 1.0 to web 2.0 it still fucking died, despite going with the technical trend and the fact that the web 1.0 version has been as confrontational, if although maybe more reflected, than any following version was at least.
Some people like the fighty end of the internet, some people don't. Further, preferences change too, so you might like the fighty part one year and can't bear it the next. Fuckloads of people joined the community at the same time, spurred by an (at that time) very active debate about religion/non-/anti-religion that took place at that time. Chances are that a lot of those people would quit the game at about the same time too. That's pretty much what happened. Most of our users quit over the last two or three years, for example. (Not counting the infighting inherent to any group of people who regularly spend time together.)
I don't think most of that has anything to do with the very obvious decline in fora like this one. It's really just technical accessibility and convenience. Our "generation" started that shit on fora, and we're going to stay on fora. The next batch started on facebook years ago, they'll likely end their stint with facebook.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#23  Postby tuco » Jun 09, 2017 6:34 am

Indeed, some people joined for then trendy "new (militant) atheism". That is what I was saying when I was talking about putting eggs in one basket - being one dimensional.

And no, FB is platform suitable for certain kind of content and so is forum. These two are not totally interchangeable regardless of generation. For example, video-gaming community uses fora regularly, young generation included, simply because other formats are not suitable for in depth discussion about, well, video-games.

Question is, what this community has to offer.
tuco

Print view this post

#24  Postby felltoearth » Jun 09, 2017 11:28 am

I have to say I've never seen my kids once on a forum. What I see is them and their friends posting YouTube clips of their gaming and commenting on them.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#25  Postby tuco » Jun 09, 2017 11:35 am

Yes, now watch this, we .. already know that you base your opinions about state of social digital media on your own anecdotes. Kinda like Freud :)
tuco

Print view this post

#26  Postby felltoearth » Jun 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Here you go.

http://bfy.tw/CH6Y
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Ironclad » Jun 09, 2017 12:30 pm

:lol:
A classic
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby NineBerry » Jun 09, 2017 12:42 pm

People tend to hang around online more and more with the same people they hang around with offline. So, you share stuff online via platforms where you are already communicating with your friends. Fewer people tend to look for a site dedicated to a specific topic and then talk to complete strangers. And when people do that, there are mostly already platforms for that. For example, many people use sites like StackExchange or similar for asking and answering questions on specific topics. And people go to the comments section of online newspapers to discuss current affairs.
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#29  Postby tuco » Jun 09, 2017 12:59 pm

And who is/was denying it? Page two and you repeat the obvious. The fallacy you commit, however, is single cause fallacy. Take responsibility for your actions, for the state of this community. Rationalia for example, why that happen? But but .. tell me something I do not know, please.
tuco

Print view this post

#30  Postby NineBerry » Jun 09, 2017 1:08 pm

I was a bad dog and made everyone go away

:dunno:
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#31  Postby Mazille » Jun 09, 2017 1:09 pm

I thought I was pretty spot on. :dunno:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#32  Postby felltoearth » Jun 09, 2017 1:10 pm

tuco wrote:And who is/was denying it? Page two and you repeat the obvious. The fallacy you commit, however, is single cause fallacy. Take responsibility for your actions, for the state of this community. Rationalia for example, why that happen? But but .. tell me something I do not know, please.

What happened at Rationalia?
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#33  Postby tuco » Jun 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Now, who misses the missing Christians?

I know at least one person who does. One talented, interesting and amusing person who is fond of mathematics and scripture :)
tuco

Print view this post

#34  Postby Fallible » Jun 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Mazille wrote:I thought I was pretty spot on. :dunno:

Well, you talk about your broken phone, and we all know what that means.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#35  Postby tuco » Jun 09, 2017 1:30 pm

The failure to capture wider audience than religious trolls and loons and failure to co-create place where adult, intelligent and educated people can have constructive and open minded debates is bad from karmatic point of view.
tuco

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby NineBerry » Jun 09, 2017 1:34 pm

I am 1 Christian by the way (regarding people with the first name, not the religious faith)
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#37  Postby Alan C » Jun 10, 2017 8:28 am

Calilasseia wrote:Indeed, on FB you can limit posting rights to your declared "friends" if you so wish.

However, that's a two edged sword. Because in order to spread their propaganda, creationists have to post on other people's feeds, and the moment they do that, it's the recipient's settings that apply. If the recipient decides to make said propaganda a free fire zone, the creationist has no way of preventing this.

Consequently, creationist propagandising on FB tends to be a mutual appreciation society, and as a corollary, handicaps itself. The typical creationist seen on FB, however, falls into two basic phenotypes. One is too stupid and self-absorbed, to recognise the self-handicapping effect of trying to wield authoritarian levels of editorial control, on a medium that wasn't designed for this (and was designed instead for maximum dissemination of content), the other is too much of a snowflake to expose his precious ideas to proper scrutiny.

If I could just comment regarding FB I found a couple of groups, one of which is called Atheist vs Theist. I don't look at it much it now but had some interesting discussions whenever an YEC or Zakir Naik fan posted. You saw plenty of examples of logical fallacies. One reason why I spent less time on Fora for sure.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Mazille » Jun 10, 2017 8:34 am

Fallible wrote:
Mazille wrote:I thought I was pretty spot on. :dunno:

Well, you talk about your broken phone, and we all know what that means.

:plot:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#39  Postby DanDare » Jun 23, 2017 1:01 pm

http://atheistfoundation.org.au/forums/index.php

Still going strong and the next Global Atheist Conference is selling tickets for next year.
Atheist. Ozzie.
Strange Flight
DanDare
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Too Australian and nothing to do with global for me.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism